Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I doubt it. Looking up senior season stats of the WRs that UT recruited this cycle on the MaxPreps website, Wilson is probably having the best senior season out of all them.

It was a joke.  Marion has been over Wilson for years and offered him when he was at Pitt.  They clearly want him - but for whatever reason Wilson has decided to go a different way.

I'm hoping we can get Moore on-board and then go portal hunting.

23 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Watching today's OB Modcast & Ketch says that Vasek decommitting from OU is inevitable & OU is really MAD AF about Vasek's UOV for the ISU-UT game & he wouldn't be shocked if Vasek decommited this week. Skip to the 46:55 time mark for the segment:

Uh....no. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Would be interesting to know what he left on the table from NIL at Texas compared to what he's able to snag from Houston Community. Once I know the details I'll decide whether the kid is being a good dad to his kid, or just a short-sighted kid.

The 2nd NIL contract is the one receviers want.. rookie NIL deals typically pale in comparison.  Go some place you can play year 1 is not necessarily a bad move.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Watching today's OB Modcast & Ketch says that Vasek decommitting from OU is inevitable & OU is really MAD AF about Vasek's UOV for the ISU-UT game & he wouldn't be shocked if Vasek decommited this week. Skip to the 46:55 time mark for the segment:

yeah, I skipped a little further.... like entirely.  But I think I got the gist from you, and that's as close as I really want to get.

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

You watched until the 46:55 mark?  What dafuq is wrong with you?

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2022 at 8:51 PM, Butch Had Not said:

I remember one time I was trying to bang a girl that lived in Jester and wanted to impress her with a cookie cake for her bday.  I went to Dobe (if I remember correctly)and bought the cookie cake and walked back to Jester with it. I get to her room and mother fucker,  she already had two BIGGER cookie cakes sitting there already partially eaten. Needless to say I didn't get laid.

So I will forever be triggered by cookie cakes.

No worries, sounds like the bitch is probably pushing 350lbs by now.  Shouldn't be considered a loss for anyone....unless you're Vic.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Thanks for reporting, because I can’t watch that crap. 

🤘

I've tried, multiple times until the last attempt where I stoped at his intro. "Yooo, what's happenin' to go with his thumb of a face-neck is somehow worse than Burton's intro music.

9 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Maybe we have our answer RE: Greathouse?

5 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Are we not full up on tall slow possession receivers?

The entire IT staff is high on Jaden Greathouse as a prospect. They think he can be a Day 1 replacement for Jordan Whittington as go-to big slot WR similar to Lil' Jordan Humphrey. Nahlin's response when a poster asked about how does Greathouse fits in with Sark's preference for speed at WR:

DEXFcsI.png.8ec886d478e14359e42d5f3f41b00d1f.png

Edited by TheMailBox357

Writeup and interview regarding recent Baxter visit to FSU. Obvious “recruiting thru the whistle” type stuff.

Sounds like the key to watch is if he sets up an official for December.

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-state-seminoles/news/5-star-texas-commit-cedric-baxter-has-high-praise-for-fsu-running-game-spirit-during-visit/

In case anyone was wondering who UT is recruiting as the 2nd CB in this class to replace Jordan Matthews, GH confirmed on Sunday that "Texas is recruiting Toviano as a corner. On3 views him as more of versatile DB that could play anywhere in the secondary."

Watched Toviano play one game on tv and he was a jump off the screen talent. Dude is an obvious beast at corner.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The entire IT staff is high on Jaden Greathouse as a prospect. They think he can be a Day 1 replacement for Jordan Whittington as go-to big slot WR similar to Lil' Jordan Humphrey. Nahlin's response when a poster asked about how does Greathouse fits in with Sark's preference for speed at WR:

DEXFcsI.png.8ec886d478e14359e42d5f3f41b00d1f.png

Doesn’t sark get that big body wr in the slot effect from his tight ends? So if the guy is a mismatch because of his size like lilJ then that might not offer something the TEs already provide to the scheme.
  • Hook 'Em 1