Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

20 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

@closetojumping do you expect akana and Moore to choose Texas?

Gerry and Bobby will have a better idea than a poster here, so follow their lead. But, sure, yeah, there is a lot of confidence in Akana. Moore, well, we're all watching that one unfold in real time.

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Mandel is showing you just how much character he has, or lacks, with this kind of shit. He has known for years - for decades, that the SEC and USC and Ohio State and random others up to Clemson now have been buying fucking players on signing day while plenty of other schools played by the rules. I don't think he ever once wrote a fucking note or story on it. But now? Hey, there's a clickbait opportunity to make money and whine about adults getting paid for something that has value.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Peyton Bowen has known for months that he wasn't signing with Notre Dame. He never had the balls to just decommit and be straight with them. Reminds me of the piece of QB that Texas had committed in the same class as Colt McCoy. Mack Brown, Greg Davis, and a number of yokels on Hornfans and Orangebloods were the only people that failed to grasp that he was always going to LSU.

That dude played to the results I would expect from someone behaving that way and I don't expect anything different from Bowen. He'll go to Oregon, be a star or not, but immediately have his hand out and test the market after each season. My hope is to watch him flame out and wind up at Jacksonville State, talking about could haves and should haves. 

Ah, Ryan Perriloux.  Damn shame we missed on him considering what a super star he turned out to be.

20 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s not about money, we’re miss informed. 

11 minutes ago, JBJ said:

So it's completely untrue that he's picking a school based on program, best fit, and where he wants to go to school?

Seriously.  Some of these yo-yos should consider spending a little more time on their English homework.  Or, maybe put someone literate on retainer with their pending NIL bucks as a proofreader.

I'm sorry, you're of the opinion that Oregon FIRED Christobal?

Yeah, that was a slip, my bad. “Letting him walk” probably the better phrasing, though who knows if that was even on the table with him being a Miami guy. Point being the side effects of events at Oregon have benefitted Texas over the past couple cycles.

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

1.) Nice to see Mandel has continued to firmly entrench himself in the whiny old Abe Simpson bitch club.
2.) He thinks that "collectives" are delivering on promises made before or on signing day? He understands NIL about as well as aTm. Good thing they're in business together. 

Hey, I haven’t commented about anything here yet.

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

It wasn't just an opinion/perception thing though.  His actual performance in year 1 was attrocious and worthy of the discussion.  The LBs were just awful in year 1 with Brockermeyer leading the way and then followed that by not signing a difference maker either in the recruiting class or the portal.

He's dramatically stepped up in both player performance and talent addition over the last year and I'm thrilled to see it and glad he had the chance to do it.  It goes to show that maybe making snap decisions on firing coaches based on minimal data isn't always a great idea.  Nonetheless, the discussions at least were warrented last year.

There wasn’t minimal data. Except, I guess, for the guys who wanted to look at one year and project that the guy somehow forgot how to coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If you've going to post from your plane, post tear screenshots, please. Or we're going to have to pray @Machinator is willing to hop out of retirement for a day. I'm not sure this board can wait much longer. 

Sitting on the tarmac at RDU right now, and honestly posting them from mobile is a colossal pain in the ass. It'll be tomorrow if no one does it today.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I believe I speak for everyone when I say that you knew today was signing day, and deciding to go through with a vacation/work trip/wedding/funeral was extremely selfish on your part, and I resent you for every ounce of this travesty. 

It’s the equivalent of a cashier at Best Buy asking to take a personal day on Black Friday.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3