The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

39 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

isn't "Multiple Fee Structures" the Billy Luicci board subscriber model/grift?  Sometimes the venn-diagram of MAGA and texags isn't even one circle, it's like an imploding star.  

It's a shit-speckled gaping butthole.  Which is now also the official symbol of America, replacing the tired old bald eagle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

How are damage awards, etc. prioritized when multiple lawsuits are involved?  Is it first in, first out?

I'm struggling to understand why anyone would bring suit against Rudy at this point, because the dude probably has very little money.

For the client, they were in fact seriously damaged - why not give it a go?  

For the lawyer, you get some national notoriety and a potential scalp on your wall from the former America’s Mayor.  This may bring in cases down the road.  Trump won’t give Rudy any money, but to shut Rudy up Trump just might have some fundraisers for him (not his money) - and the cult is still capable of generating the odd million here or there.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

How are damage awards, etc. prioritized when multiple lawsuits are involved?  Is it first in, first out?

I'm struggling to understand why anyone would bring suit against Rudy at this point, because the dude probably has very little money.

You do it to ensure that he never has any money again.  You do it so that he lives the rest of his life desperate and destitute, as miserable as he looks.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Rudy is senile at this point, right? "No no, everything I said about them is true! And I'll have the proof one day, you'll see!"

25 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Or drunk

When lawyers are sued for defamation, don't they automatically leave the court room and engage in more defamation?

• Haha 1

I mean, such specific, terrible accusations.... either you have actual reasons to believe this, or you don't. It's been three years and he's offered up nothing. It's just bizarre to watch. Ruining their lives and yours in the process, in order to help a monster. Because reasons. 

Rudy wasn’t always a piece of shit, right?  It’s been awhile, but I sort of remember him being known for cleaning up NYC maybe? Lots of time on Letterman, SNL. He was liked. 

Did he change or did the light just get brighter? 

On 12/13/2023 at 10:17 AM, 'stache said:

I still say he'll be the first of these clowns to off himself. Pretty widely liked a few years ago and now a complete worthless piece of shit because of loyalty to the most disloyal human being to ever hold high office. Fuck him.

this dumb ass was set for life. Get paid for speeches, probably get appointed to a board or two. Fat city 

Trump destroys everything he touches 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/13/2023 at 7:14 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Yes, which is why bankruptcy exists in part. 

On 12/13/2023 at 9:00 AM, Gatorubet said:

For the client, they were in fact seriously damaged - why not give it a go?  

For the lawyer, you get some national notoriety and a potential scalp on your wall from the former America’s Mayor.  This may bring in cases down the road.  Trump won’t give Rudy any money, but to shut Rudy up Trump just might have some fundraisers for him (not his money) - and the cult is still capable of generating the odd million here or there.

Pretty much all of their lawyers are pro bono, including some high dollar Winston and Strawn lawyers. 

38 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Rudy wasn’t always a piece of shit, right?  It’s been awhile, but I sort of remember him being known for cleaning up NYC maybe? Lots of time on Letterman, SNL. He was liked. 

He cleaned up NYC by ramping up the police force.  It worked.  It was also a predicate to modern militarized police goon squads.  Be careful what you wish for.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, NAVY said:

No, this is who he has always been.  It's just been left simmering under the surface until he really hit the national stage, but this is who he's always been; a cousin fucking jackass.  

He got a lot of credit for stuff he was partially involved with, like the Mob takedown via RICO in New York.  Yes he was there, and yes he was in charge of the DA's office, but to say it was just him is ridiculous.  In the mean time, he soaked up the limelight and acting as if the entire operation was entirely his idea, never mind the 1000s of people that actually put it together.  

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He cleaned up NYC by ramping up the police force.  It worked.  It was also a predicate to modern militarized police goon squads.  Be careful what you wish for.

The Freakonomics guys argued that it was Dinkins who got the budget increased for more cops, so he’s really responsible for cleaning up NYC.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

No, this is who he has always been.  It's just been left simmering under the surface until he really hit the national stage, but this is who he's always been; a cousin fucking jackass.  

He got a lot of credit for stuff he was partially involved with, like the Mob takedown via RICO in New York.  Yes he was there, and yes he was in charge of the DA's office, but to say it was just him is ridiculous.  In the mean time, he soaked up the limelight and acting as if the entire operation was entirely his idea, never mind the 1000s of people that actually put it together.  

Cool man. I’m not defending his ass. I was mostly oversees way back in the ‘when’  and seriously don’t know the details 

I appreciate y’all’s perspectives 

8 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Cool man. I’m not defending his ass. I was mostly oversees way back in the ‘when’  and seriously don’t know the details 

He did some good, and to discount that entirely would be both unfair and untrue.  

However, his lust for power, his being so enamoured with wealth, and his lust for the limelight was always there; it was simmering just barely beneath the surface.  We all have character flaws because we are all human.  His are seemingly the worst combination for someone that wound up in Trumps orbit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, NAVY said:

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

We all have character flaws because we are all human. 

Most of us, at least on Surly, didn't marry our own cousins, but Rudy did.

Episode 14 Incest Spuckler GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Freeman and Moss asked for at least $24 million each for Giuliani's defamatory statements about them following the 2020 presidential contest when he baselessly accused them of election fraud.

The jury awarded Freeman and Moss a total of $148 million in damages.

Now, I struggle with my daughter's 4th grade math homework, but that looks like a bit more than 300% of what the plaintiffs asked to my miseducated brain.

God how I love the American jury system!