Candace Owens

RollLeft

• 1 year later...

Didn't want to clutter the DJT thread, but the BLEXIT deal at the WH has a little more background info here. Apologies that some of the tweets are duplicate but in order to post the replies to them that had further info, I couldn't figure out how to only post the reply. Owens-Farmer is one of the few African-Americans involved with the organization's leadership apparently. They are very interested in SCOTUS.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So more grifting from the grifter party?  Explain this to me like I’m five. 

Candace Owens married George Farmer in September of last year. Beautiful wedding. Very tony. Top drawer. Three months later in December , the BLEXIT Foundation was formed. It's essentially a spin off group of Turning Point USA. *Remember, TPUSA just got in trouble for their Facebook targeting. Candace's new husband, George, is from the UK. His dad, Lord Farmer, (worth about 300 million plus) was big on BREXIT, and gave $$ to TPUSA to push for that on their platforms. It's a way for Lord Farmer and Co to get through the door to capitalize on the Trump Organization's propensity for grift. So BREXIT>>>BLEXIT. So catchy, right?

Among BLEXIT's board of governors is one Neil Corkery. Neil was behind Judicial Crisis Network, the long game (cause that is what the GOP is doing with judges, playing the long game) group that spent millions getting Kavanaugh confirmed. He is, or was I should say, the president of Wellspring Committee--they bankrolled the Judicial Crisis Network using dark money. They very quietly shut down in 2018, after Kavanaugh was appointed. Some of the money Wellspring funneled to judicial appointments were from Koch and other GOP deep pocket donors. Wellspring has since been replaced with the Article III Project (A3P) which was formed to confirm President Trump’s judicial nominees and defend sitting judges and does not disclose its donors either.

Two years ago, (long game) Neil's wife Ann wrote a column claiming anti-Catholic bigotry during Amy Coney-Barrett's confirmation hearing for her then appeals court nomination. Long game, laying the groundwork. In it to win it. In addition, Neil was affiliated with the Foundation for Accountability and Civility (FACT). That is the group that went after Merrick Garland along with JCN. I believe they also filed a complaint against a group that was pressuring Collins regarding the Kavanaugh vote.

There is more related to Corkery and some of the other players, but what that's really the crux of the second issue here: dark money and identity hidden donors pushing the 200 plus appointments of federal judges, and specifically the appointments of the SCOTUS judges. A layered strategy that provides cover (and perhaps, votes).

At least that is how I understood it. I'm hoping I didn't get wires crossed when explaining that. It gets confusing. I'm beginning to see why some of these groups get exposed. It's a lot of plates to keep spinning at once. The difference with Trump was that he didn't bother spinning plates, he just says, 'hey, I'm going to do this. whaddya gonna do about it.'

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Conservatives LOVE private businesses being able to decline service to whomever they wish for their own beliefs thanks to their God given first amendment rights.  I'm sure Candace and other conservatives appreciate and enthusiastically support the clinic's decision and aren't going to make a big hypocritical fuss about this at all.  Right, guys?

........RIGHT?

cailey loves padmé; on Twitter: "I can't believe how much young Luke truly  looks like both Padmé and Anakin at the same time I see Padmé's smile and  nose and Anakin's hair

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Conservatives LOVE private businesses being able to decline service to whomever they wish for their own beliefs thanks to their God given first amendment rights.  I'm sure Candace and other conservatives appreciate and enthusiastically support the clinic's decision and aren't going to make a big hypocritical fuss about this at all.  Right, guys?

........RIGHT?

cailey loves padmé; on Twitter: "I can't believe how much young Luke truly  looks like both Padmé and Anakin at the same time I see Padmé's smile and  nose and Anakin's hair

Yes, let Candace eat cake from the bigoted bakery of her choice.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.theroot.com/did-a-lab-really-refuse-to-test-candace-owens-for-covid-1847605848

We all know Candace Owens or someone like her. She’s the Black woman who refuses to wear a bonnet despite the back of her hair being fluffier than a rabbit’s underbelly. She’s the Black woman at the cookout who stands near the food table talking about all of the items she hasn’t eaten since she stopped consuming gluten. She’s the Black woman in front of you who can’t stop customizing her Starbucks order. She’s the Black woman that will give her left pinky for the enamored glare of the white glaze. She’s the Black woman who joins the all-white cheerleading squad and talks shit about the all-Black step team.

She’s the Black woman that hates being a Black woman while allowing her Blackness to be tokenized by the right.

For months, Candace Owens has spent all of her energy following the Republican playbook that COVID-19 is nothing more than a chest cold and the masses are being duped. She’s been happy to announce that she is not vaccinated and loves to talk about how, despite her best efforts, she’s yet to come down with the coronavirus.

“I still have not received the COVID-19 vaccine and have not demanded that any of my employees get it either,” Owens wrote on Facebook in August, Newsweek reports. “I am proud that I committed myself to standing firm against the bribery, media propaganda, coercion, celebrity-peer pressure campaign, plus censorship. I made a personal decision for me and my family.”

Spoiler

She added: “It isn’t easy to swim against such a polluted current but here I am. I trust my gut much more than trust Dr. Fauci. May we all do what we feel in our hearts is right, unabashedly.”

Recently, Owens was scheduled to make an appearance at the Texas Youth Summit, which is basically where a bunch of Alex P. Keatons meet to hear from people who also once had their food trays smacked out of their hands in high school, but she canceled, claiming a “sudden illness,” and COVID rumors began spreading. Everyone–and by everyone, I mean the eight people who know who the hell Candace Owens is–began wondering if the illness was, in fact, the coronavirus.

Owens took to Twitter to boast that much like a rodent that has avoided glue traps, she was in fact COVID-19 free.

Now, Owens is claiming that a lab in Colorado refused to test her for COVID-19 because she’s an asshole of her political views.

From Newsweek:

Last month, the right-wing conservative firebrand dubbed the vaccine as “purely evil,” tweeting that it “will never enter my arm.” She had earlier said that she was proud” to not be vaccinated against COVID-19.

However, in an Instagram Live on Wednesday, she said as an unvaccinated person, she was still prepared to be tested for COVID if an event she attended required it, although she opposed showing documentation to enter businesses.

During her video, she said that she was in Aspen, Colorado and had had “50 plus COVID tests” since the start of the pandemic and that her travel schedule meant that she had to be tested at least once every two weeks.

Owens claims that her assistant (who is probably an unpaid family member) that an Aspen laboratory emailed Owens claiming that they wouldn’t be testing her “because of who you are.”

I believe Owens here because if I owned a hot dog stand and Candace Owens came to my stand wearing a “I’m Candace Owens” T-shirt (seriously, how would anyone know who the hell she is if she’s not wearing it on her chest?) and wanted to buy a footlong, I would tell her to fuck off.

Owens claimed that she booked a test at Aspen COVID Testing under her married name Candace Farmer. People barely know who the fuck Candace Owens is and now they know her married name? Methinks not.

Also From Newsweek:

Owens then read out an email written by Suzanna Lee, the lab’s co-owner, which said her test would be refused because “we cannot support anyone who has pro-actively worked to make this pandemic worse by spreading misinformation.”

The letter, which Owens posted on Twitter, went on to accuse her of “politicizing and actively dissuading people from receiving life-saving vaccinations,” before recommending she use the town’s only other testing facility, a free kiosk by city hall.

As of Thursday morning, her Instagram Live had been viewed more than 670,000 times and her tweets about the letter were widely shared.

Owens, of course, took to Twitter to cry about the supposed ban, claiming that it was “insane” that she had been “banned from making sure I don’t accidentally spread COVID,” Newsweek reports.

Many on Twitter noted that this was merely capitalism and that a business refused her business, which is a basic principle of the GOP.

Another user wrote: “I thought you were all for personal responsibility, Candace? A private company held you personally responsible for your actions.”

Something tells me that much like her anti-vax stance, everything Candace Owens does is to promote Candace Owens.

Oh, and Owens also claimed that the woman who denied her testing may have done it because she’s racist. Man, you can’t make this shit up.

11 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.theroot.com/did-a-lab-really-refuse-to-test-candace-owens-for-covid-1847605848

Hide contents

She added: “It isn’t easy to swim against such a polluted current but here I am. I trust my gut much more than trust Dr. Fauci. May we all do what we feel in our hearts is right, unabashedly.”

Recently, Owens was scheduled to make an appearance at the Texas Youth Summit, which is basically where a bunch of Alex P. Keatons meet to hear from people who also once had their food trays smacked out of their hands in high school, but she canceled, claiming a “sudden illness,” and COVID rumors began spreading. Everyone–and by everyone, I mean the eight people who know who the hell Candace Owens is–began wondering if the illness was, in fact, the coronavirus.

Owens took to Twitter to boast that much like a rodent that has avoided glue traps, she was in fact COVID-19 free.

Now, Owens is claiming that a lab in Colorado refused to test her for COVID-19 because she’s an asshole of her political views.

From Newsweek:

Last month, the right-wing conservative firebrand dubbed the vaccine as “purely evil,” tweeting that it “will never enter my arm.” She had earlier said that she was proud” to not be vaccinated against COVID-19.

However, in an Instagram Live on Wednesday, she said as an unvaccinated person, she was still prepared to be tested for COVID if an event she attended required it, although she opposed showing documentation to enter businesses.

During her video, she said that she was in Aspen, Colorado and had had “50 plus COVID tests” since the start of the pandemic and that her travel schedule meant that she had to be tested at least once every two weeks.

Owens claims that her assistant (who is probably an unpaid family member) that an Aspen laboratory emailed Owens claiming that they wouldn’t be testing her “because of who you are.”

I believe Owens here because if I owned a hot dog stand and Candace Owens came to my stand wearing a “I’m Candace Owens” T-shirt (seriously, how would anyone know who the hell she is if she’s not wearing it on her chest?) and wanted to buy a footlong, I would tell her to fuck off.

Owens claimed that she booked a test at Aspen COVID Testing under her married name Candace Farmer. People barely know who the fuck Candace Owens is and now they know her married name? Methinks not.

Also From Newsweek:

Owens then read out an email written by Suzanna Lee, the lab’s co-owner, which said her test would be refused because “we cannot support anyone who has pro-actively worked to make this pandemic worse by spreading misinformation.”

The letter, which Owens posted on Twitter, went on to accuse her of “politicizing and actively dissuading people from receiving life-saving vaccinations,” before recommending she use the town’s only other testing facility, a free kiosk by city hall.

As of Thursday morning, her Instagram Live had been viewed more than 670,000 times and her tweets about the letter were widely shared.

Owens, of course, took to Twitter to cry about the supposed ban, claiming that it was “insane” that she had been “banned from making sure I don’t accidentally spread COVID,” Newsweek reports.

Many on Twitter noted that this was merely capitalism and that a business refused her business, which is a basic principle of the GOP.

Another user wrote: “I thought you were all for personal responsibility, Candace? A private company held you personally responsible for your actions.”

Something tells me that much like her anti-vax stance, everything Candace Owens does is to promote Candace Owens.

Oh, and Owens also claimed that the woman who denied her testing may have done it because she’s racist. Man, you can’t make this shit up.

Ah, yes. The "fuck around" stage. You know what's next.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

very strong grift game 

Watching Joe rogan pick apart her political stances, a few years ago, told me that she was a mental lightweight. She didn’t even have any defenses for her views. She could only speak in prepared phrases and seemed genuinely shocked that Joe wasn’t backing her up.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Watching Joe rogan pick apart her political stances, a few years ago, told me that she was a mental lightweight. She didn’t even have any defenses for her views. She could only speak in prepared phrases and seemed genuinely shocked that Joe wasn’t backing her up.

She has the Turning Point background which usually gives away the agenda. I never did look around to see if this tweet (in an article about her husband's supposed affair with her brother) was legit, but the GOP and its UK counterpart have just all sorts of issues that instead of dealing with for the greater good, seem to enjoy making others suffer.

candace.png.d656ae5730d5525530913e9314716831.png

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

She has the Turning Point background which usually gives away the agenda. I never did look around to see if this tweet (in an article about her husband's supposed affair with her brother) was legit, but the GOP and its UK counterpart have just all sorts of issues that instead of dealing with for the greater good, seem to enjoy making others suffer.

No way that’s real.

But nothing is, so let’s take a page out of the GQP playbook and say it is!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Satchel said:

That’s the whole appeal and purpose of coon capitalism.

Odd thing.  To me, "coon" is still cringey af.  The n-word just isn't any more.  It's too common in non-racist contexts.  Twenty years ago, it was cringier than coon.  Not anymore.

6 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not legit.  Dammit.  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/candace-owens-brother-husband-cheated/

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Odd thing.  To me, "coon" is still cringey af.  The n-word just isn't any more.  It's too common in non-racist contexts.  Twenty years ago, it was cringier than coon.  Not anymore.

Coon capitalism is supposed to be cringe worthy. 

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Which is not to say the n-word isn't when uttered racially, but it just doesn't have the impact on me that it used to.

Coon capitalist is a special kind of appellation reserved for grifters who not only understand white racism but seek to monetize the amelioration of it. This is the biggest (and easiest) con in the race game. 

• 3 months later...

Candace and Meghan McCain had an all-out knockdown dragout Twitter catfight tonight and it was glorious. It came about because Meghan called out Candace after Trump repeatedly contradicted Candace re: Covid in his interview with her.  One of Meghan's responses:

Some of the comments are greatness, too.