Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, RGBIII said:

Mullen with coach boom has me renewing my season tickets. Herman retained and Texas will not receive a single dollar of my money. Trying to think of the names that get me to renew and the ones that put me in such a state of apathy that I don’t renew...

Yep, my previous post was just about talent acquisition. Retaining Herman would also be a large negative financial and fan interest hit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Mullen with coach boom has me renewing my season tickets. Herman retained and Texas will not receive a single dollar of my money. Trying to think of the names that get me to renew and the ones that put me in such a state of apathy that I don’t renew...

I dunno, but maybe there's enough evidence that Boom isn't a good coach and shouldn't even be considered for a DC position 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Right, didn't mean to imply anything beyond that. Lots of people hear things right now and shit gets lost in translation. We will see.

But Herman coaching next year is a complete disaster for the program. With the possibility of free transfers in January it would be the worst of all worlds. A lame duck coach will get nobody, lose some key pieces, and won't be able to recruit young talent. The program would be set back a minimum of 4 years.

All true.  Same source and others one told me Herman is out regardless.  And that decision was made after OU.  

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Think I’ve been pulling a double shift for a full week now, funny cause I’ve also been pouring doubles for a full week as well

You have a lot of time when you are in pit duty. Surly and pit duty are a great combination. 
oh…and booze (etc). Yeah, all great together. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PatSolitanojr said:

Ok you have to be kidding me. 175 for 12 hours? You cut it like it’s a rack of ribs and you started on the point against the grain and didn’t even cut the flat. You admitted to using pellets and you aren’t ashamed of it, but you should be. 

Yep, and it was delicious! I cook it with fat on for extra flavor. And I'm totally ashamed of the pellet smoker haha. But like I said, it's better than nothing. 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Yep, my previous post was just about talent acquisition. Retaining Herman would also be a large negative financial and fan interest hit.

Retaining Herman would be worse than what happened to USC with Helton. Recruiting would be destroyed for back to back classes if not more, SEZ project isn’t getting any funds, hell the whole program wouldn’t be. That would be a hell of an empty DKR during a season with a mostly empty DKR...the program would be absolutely tanked for half a decade or longer regardless of coach brought in..just unbelievably bad 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

You have a lot of time when you are in pit duty. Surly and pit duty are a great combination. 
oh…and booze (etc). Yeah, all great together. 

Yup, staring at temps, refreshing my phone and drinking has been my weekend

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Retaining Herman would be worse than what happened to USC with Helton. Recruiting would be destroyed for back to back classes if not more, SEZ project isn’t getting any funds, hell the whole program wouldn’t be. That would be a hell of an empty DKR during a season with a mostly empty DKR...the program would be absolutely tanked for half a decade or longer regardless of coach brought in..just unbelievably bad 

Aggy creepin into the CFP hurts too.

Chris Peterson would have me excited except Urban is like 100x more likely to except before he would.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I talked to a friend that does actually know shit, but doesn’t have any better of an idea right than any of us. What he did say, since this was mentioned as an interesting maybe by @Caddox earlier, is that he doesn’t think the Brocks are doing anything but signing with Bama at this point. Crazier shit has happened, but if Meyer came, he still believes they’d stick. 

Also, since someone mentioned something about Nahlin talking about Tech and Briles, I guess it can get out there that apparently, we’re on the verge of seeing a rape factory begin construction in Lubbock. 

Just heard the same about Tech. Would be such a good move for them. You can watch football on Saturday and then go to church and pray for forgiveness on Sunday. That will be a miserable away game if it’s true.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic