Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Just hold on a minute, step back from the ledge and hear me out. If everyone is getting  tested today for The Rona, and something odd showed up in the test results for Tom Herman. Can CDC shit can his ass for being on that shit? Would Herman resign to escape embarrassment? 

Wait. Are you under the impression that a covid test comes with a drug panel screen?

Please tell me you aren't that stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Just hold on a minute, step back from the ledge and hear me out. If everyone is getting  tested today for The Rona, and something odd showed up in the test results for Tom Herman. Can CDC shit can his ass for being on that shit? Would Herman resign to escape embarrassment? 

Do you think they are going to run a giant fucking Q tip up Herman's nose and pull out an 8 ball of coke?

• Haha 2

Man if only there was a coach that has shown they can develop a program and win in the Big 12 for whom the Texas job would be a clear upgrade. Can’t think of anyone. Guess Herman should come back.

Also the disagreements here on Cristobal, Franklin, Fickell, etc. on here will also play out among those who would be paying the buyout. That’s why Herman is probably the odds on favorite to come back.

Lol at Dan Mullen. That shit is less likely than Urban Meyer. Zero reason he’d come here. His name is in the convo to get him a raise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Man if only there was a coach that has shown they can develop a program and win in the Big 12 for whom the Texas job would be a clear upgrade.

I am good with Campbell...just hope he really is the floor of this search....and there better be a fucking search

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

yep but we already tried the Mensa .. time for Mario to do his best impression of Kirby Smart and stack talent on talent.. hopefully be able to not just nail the top 10 players in state but to pluck top 5 players for OOS too?

It wasn't too long ago that Herman was pulling top 5 classes.. then recruits saw the product on the field and said thanks but no thanks. Cristobal is about a year behind Tom on that timeline.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I am starting to convince myself that Cristobal is the right play. 

This is the way the male brain works at 1:45 am after the smoking hot model chick declines to go home with you but the bartender's a solid 5 and her shift's about to end, so fuck it, let's see if she wants to party.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The signing date for recruits is meaningless in regard to hiring or firing decisions. The ncaa has already said players can transfer without having to sit out, due to covid19. They've also shown that recruits who want to transfer because a coach or coordinator leaves can do so without penalty. So it doesn't matter if Herman is fired before or after signing day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Rona test and piss test are two very different things

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Man if only there was a coach that has shown they can develop a program and win in the Big 12 for whom the Texas job would be a clear upgrade.

He’s definitely the most realistic choice. Would be interesting to see what level of recruiting he could do, however. 

Well, if it has to come to TT staying, let him know he has a year to audition for his next job 'cause he won't have this one after that.

Spend the next year danglin' wads of cash and let every head coach in the country know we are looking for a guy to come turn around a blue blood and make their mark on college football history and "Oh yeah, make it worth your while".

If TT dicks it up out of spite, fire him for cause.

There's not going to be any amicable making up. We hate him and his ego has been damaged. It's up to him to decide where he goes after this, but even if he's back for 2021, he should be gone after that.

And if he goes undefeated and wins a natty?

Yeah...right.

11 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I can't believe CDC went all in with these BMDs and didn't publicly have Herman's back for the last month and a half but now it's gunna be "hey welcome back bud!"

I don't think Herman believes for a second anyone has his back. He hasn't earned that consideration. He has over-promised and under-delivered. Even he can see that. What is upcoming will be big-boy $6+mil/yr "put up or shut up" time.

My guess is that CDC will be having some looong discussions over the next few months with various agents, and various top candidates will start making arrangements on their side.

The changes in early recruiting/ hiring CFP coaches/assistants is causing a shift in how deals are made.

Tom Herman comes back for another year at Texas. Candidates will already be in waiting in the wings.

Welcome to the new world of college football. A lot is about to change very quickly.

19 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

My personal choice to head coach would be Brent Venables (especially if Clemson wins another this year). Hiring Venables would royally fuck up recruiting this year, but under the current structure, hiring any assistant for a CFP program will fuck up a recruiting for a cycle.

just to be clear here...you think Texas is the place to learn how to be a Head Coach for a guy who literally has never been one before?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

Well, if it has to come to TT staying, let him know he has a year to audition for his next job 'cause he won't have this one after that.

I thought this was the 9.95 fan fiction that we were sold about Herman's need to win this season? That CDC gave Herman clear goals for this season to keep his job: beat OU and win the Big 12. 

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Don't worry guys, recruiting isn't going to matter too much here in a couple of years when Briles has Tech winning 11 games a year. It will be completely irrelevant, anything Texas does. 

fuck if we ever start losing to Tech year in and year out and they join the club of teams we have been consistently losing to (going 1-4, 1-3 over the next 4-5 years) just shut it fucking down. Laughing. Stock. 

10 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

He’s definitely the most realistic choice. Would be interesting to see what level of recruiting he could do, however. 

I think Campbell is definitely the most likely to be a Rhule - someone that excites no one until he shows up and kicks ass.  I've come around... after Urban, he's by far the best REALISTIC candidate.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

Spend the next year danglin' wads of cash and let every head coach in the country know we are looking for a guy to come turn around a blue blood and make their mark on college football history and "Oh yeah, make it worth your while".

If TT dicks it up out of spite, fire him for cause.

There's not going to be any amicable making up. We hate him and his ego has been damaged. It's up to him to decide where he goes after this, but even if he's back for 2021, he should be gone after that.

And if he goes undefeated and wins a natty?

Yeah...right.

Did we go back to 2019? 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Shouldn’t you be somewhere convincing us how the aggy program is in shambles and broke, all the while they having a legit shot at making the fucking playoffs and are donkey dicking this asshole turtle fuck Tom in recruiting?  Instead of here gloating that you were *correct?

*UT wasn’t too good for UM. He’s the one (supposedly) deciding not to come. 

The aggy program you are so impressed with is at almost a quarter century without having been able to bot two seasons back-to-back with a winning record in conference play.

Think about that for a minute.

Unable to consistently finish about .500 in conference play over a quarter of a century, and THAT is something you are in awe of?!

*I don't care what the story is, as long as that human piece of shit isn't hired by UT Austin.

• Fuck You 1

What's funny is if Franklin is hired, everyone will rage, and then he'll saunter up to the podium, serve up red meat to the alums and boosters, paint rosey pictures for the fans, "win the press conference", and 95% will be back on board. He's a charismatic guy who can recruit / schmooze ala Mack, and I have no doubt he could win with the right assistants.

• Hook 'Em 1

I must have missed Bohls and Davis both corroborating the Chip report. Much more believable now. I suppose he could change his mind but the matrix has certainly shifted.

I guess we'll see how much of their plan B was fire and not just smoke. 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I thought this was the 9.95 fan fiction that we were sold about Herman's need to win this season? That CDC gave Herman clear goals for this season to keep his job: beat OU and win the Big 12. 

I'm not advocating keeping him by any means.

I'm on record saying he wasn't the guy for the job when we hired him. I still think that.

But tautologically, "We are where we are".

I am absolutely all in for firing him last year. Paging Doc Brown.. Doc Brown to the red courtesy phone...

Edited by DoobieWah
Time Travel.

9 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I think it's entirely short sighted to be ruling options out based on week to week performances. 

The guy is a recruiter. He has Power 5 experience. He coached under Saban. His coaching tree is already starting to promote into HC jobs. 

He also lost to Oregon State.  Those are two really bad losses in a year where they were supposed to be a lock to win the conference.  We're talking about firing a guy who's done arguably better than that this year.  Why would we replace him with at best a lateral move?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

The aggy program you are so impressed with is at almost a quarter century without having been able to bot two seasons back-to-back with a winning record in conference play.

Think about that for a minute.

Unable to consistently finish about .500 in conference play over a quarter of a century, and THAT is something you are in awe of?!

*I don't care what the story is, as long as that human piece of shit isn't hired by UT Austin.

how aggy of...you are what you hate.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I think he's definitely the most likely to be a Rhule - someone that excites no one until he shows up and kicks ass.  I've come around... after Urban, he's by far the best REALISTIC candidate.

It's not Rhule. His buy out is 3x larger than Herman's. You think we're going to spend $75m in buy outs?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic