Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

An aggy coming in trying to spin this as me claiming to have been right.

I believe my exact quote was "*I don't care what the story is, as long as that human piece of shit isn't hired by UT Austin."

You aggys are amazing. You did the exact same thing in 2012 - one of the very few years you finish above .500 in conference play and you see your program as something special.

Try sticking to the facts. I understand facts make aggys very uncomfortable, but this is our sandbox so try to play by the rules of educated people and not paste-eating racist rednecks.

Oh, and have a nice day!

Meow! Somebody is a little sensitive this morning.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Come on, man. We're Texas. Who wouldn't want to come here and rebuild with our patient fanbase supporting you all the way?

Fuck this take so much. Again, the expectation is to actually win the conference and show up in Dallas at least ready to play. It's not unrealistic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I'm starting to lean "Fuck that shit." For one, this "WE'RE TEXAS BY GOD WE CAN'T HIRE A NON HC" ignores the possibility that maybe we're NOT Texas... or maybe Texas means something completely different than we think it does. Also it ignores just how many top programs have first time HCs at the helm. Ohio State. Oklahoma. Clemson. 

Maybe we're not special enough anymore.

I don't think the "not hiring an assistant" mentality has anything to do with "we're texas and too good for that" mentality.  I think it's much more along the lines of assistants often not panning out.  More of an "odds of failing" thing than a "we're texas" thing.  At least for me.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Are we counting 2 years at Iowa State (5-19) and a year at Arkansas State as "HC experience"? 

If not, Auburn has done it twice with mixed success.

...you think there is no difference between being a head coach for zero games in your career and even the year at Ark State?

Gus is a weird situation anyway - he was at Auburn from 09 to 11, then coach at Ark State then back to Auburn. Not that it is a hgue thing but he was also a HS coach from 92 to 05 before jumping to CFB

Venables, as far as I know, has never been a head coach for any program in his entire life - HS level or otherwise.

does that mean he isn't good? or can't learn? not at all but does that mean it's a big jump to being a head coach at a huge program? yes.

I feel like folks are putting the cart before the horse on recruiting and NSD.  We're getting beat by teams that don't have a single top 10 recruiting class on their rosters.  String together multiple CCG appearances with the recruits we have and the rest will take care of itself.   

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We need to form a support group with Michigan and USC. We could invite Nebraska too just to give the rest of us someone to look down upon and mock for their academics.

By the way, MI had a home run hire in Harbaugh.  I know it hasn’t worked out but look at his resume when he was hired.  Hell, we all would have killed for him to be at TX.  Not sure what went wrong in MI but that guy built a program out of nothing in CA at a small school, then Stanford, then took a NFL team to the Super Bowl.  If that isn’t a good resume I don’t know what is.  

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That is obviously CDC

CDC is not a fan of Herman. He would have been thrilled in the locker room after we blew out KSU ala Deloss with Mack after that one game. He was halfheartedly doing the texas fight while looking at his phone.

10 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I am not sure why UT has this line of thinking. OU has done it twice recently (Stoops & Riley) and one could argue have had far great sustained success than Texas has with their approach of only hiring proven head coaches.

I am not advocating that Texas hires a hotshot OC/DC I just don't know why Texas feels they couldn't

bit of an understatement there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bejezuz said:

I feel like folks are putting the cart before the horse on recruiting and NSD.  We're getting beat by teams that don't have a single top 10 recruiting class on their rosters.  String together multiple CCG appearances with the recruits we have and the rest will take care of itself.   

i like it. let's do that.

Here's a list of all current coaches and standing with their job.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

If Urban is likely out of play there are a ton of dudes infinitely better that Herman.  Grab a Bryan Harsin, Kyle Whittingham, Matt Campbell, Hugh Freeze or something for less than Meyer and throw a pile of cash at assistants and facilities. 

Edited by tx ind

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

CDC is not a fan of Herman. He would have been thrilled in the locker room after we blew out KSU ala Deloss with Mack after that one game. He was halfheartedly doing the texas fight while looking at his phone.

CDC is literally toms only fan. Maybe not publicly but behind the scenes he’s the only one supporting him. This goes back to last year. 

Listened to that bitch Chip on his podcast.  He said he’s not sure urban was ever CDC’s guy and that cdc has another name he would like to present to the donors.  If true, then screw CDC... This guy has no clue how to run the football program to success at a blue blood.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Listened to that bitch Chip on his podcast.  He said he’s not sure urban was ever CDC’s guy and that cdc has another name he would like to present to the donors.  If true, then screw CDC... This guy has no clue how to run the football program to success at a blue blood.  

That was the problem. It was alluded to by a few different posters. It’s why you heard James fucking Franklins name being talked about last week. CDC is a fucking idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I don't think the "not hiring an assistant" mentality has anything to do with "we're texas and too good for that" mentality.  I think it's much more along the lines of assistants often not panning out.  More of an "odds of failing" thing than a "we're texas" thing.  At least for me.

Well there are for more assistants hired than there are decent HCs. So obviously, by the numbers that's going to be the case. 

Why would you give Chip Fucking Brown any credibility on anything? You really think CDC would not want a sure fire thing at head coach?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

If Herman comes back next season, that will be 2 years in a row CDC didn't fire him when he should have.  If that happens, we're going to end up firing him at some point before the football program is gonna get fixed.  For those who keep talking about who is better than Herman, you don't understand how terrible Herman's recruiting is right now.  This year's class isn't good and next year's will be downright terrible if he's still here.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

Lol. 

CDC: "Urban Meyer? Nah he's not my guy. Hey BMDs give me some money so I can money whip the coach of Indiana"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You guys are putting stock into FCB who reported realignment as a forgone conclusion, and that Herman was going to LSU. The man throws shit at the wall to see if it sticks. and the AAS writes are even less out of the know then he is. Get the fuck ahold of yourselves. How many times did Urban decline the OSU job? Until you know for sure, don't act like the (burnt orange) world is falling apart.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

If Herman comes back next season, that will be 2 years in a row CDC didn't fire him when he should have.  If that happens, we're going to end up firing him at some point before the football program is gonna get fixed.  For those who keep talking about who is better, you don't understand how terrible Herman's recruiting is right now.  This year's class isn't good and next year's will be downright terrible.

We don't have a single recruit on offense above 3 stars in the 2021 class... the only thing keeping this class in the top 25 is a few good recruits on defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Why would you give Chip Fucking Brown any credibility on anything? You really think CDC would not want a sure fire thing at head coach?

This.  Chip Brown is a piece of shit and is rarely correct with any of his 'reporting'.  He just throws shit out for clicks.

13 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We need to form a support group with Michigan and USC. We could invite Nebraska too just to give the rest of us someone to look down upon and mock for their academics.

Then we'd better also add a certain "school" in Tallahassee. 

still waiting on apologies from everyone in this thread.  I never pretended to have inside info like so many of the phonies that love to act like their posts matter.  I told y’all the truth from day one.  my posts actually do matter.  I’d like to be acknowledged for it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 12

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

..you think there is no difference between being a head coach for zero games in your career and even the year at Ark State?

No - I don't think coaching for a year in the Sun Belt is meaningful head coaching experience when your next job is coaching a top 5 program in the SEC. 

And I was just going off the top of my head with some help from wiki to verify to make the point that Auburn has done something similar twice in the past 15 years. I can give you more examples if you'd like, although you seem to be shifting the goalposts already. You're criteria was ridiculously thin to begin with. 

We can start with Stoops. Most guys, to be fair, don't fit your criteria but there is one hugely successful example right there. 

Also going to add: Mark Richt, Kirby Smart 

Mike Leach... 

It's really not as unique as you thought.

Edited by ztejas

Here's a list of all current coaches and standing with their job.
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm
If Urban is likely out of play there are a ton of dudes infinitely better that Herman.  Grab a Bryan Harsin, Kyle Whittingham, Matt Campbell, Hugh Freeze or something for less than Meyer and throw a pile of cash at assistants and facilities. 

Not a single coach is worth buying Herman out just to shell out another 5 million per year + for the same results
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Here’s the whole keep tom because you didn’t get your guy so why settle argument.

Who the fuck is available next year that’s any different than right now? A new up and comer similar to Charlie and Tom we don’t know about yet? CDC said what he’s looking for a guy that has won and maintained two programs at the least and that list of guys isn’t changing this time next year. 

This. And if we fire Herman next year the job will be even less appealing that I don’t know if the Plan B candidates will wanna come.

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Just sharing what I listened to.  I think Chip is a moron.  I also do believe CDC doesn't want Meyer either.  He's going to get marginalized when Meyer picks his own assistant AD for the football program.  You think he's going to be on board with hiring someone that doesn't plan on answering to him?  This whole situation is fucked in my opinion.

We don't have a single recruit on offense above 3 stars in the 2021 class... the only thing keeping this class in the top 25 is a few good recruits on defense.

just in case you think he is understating the situation here, the top 8 players in the current case are all defensive players

8 of the next 9 are all offensive players. the bottom 7 players in the class are all offensive players (excluding the Aussie punter) - basically we are going to sign the lowest rated offensive recruits we have offered at all offensive positions except WR

our class includes 2 guys outside the top 150 in the State of Texas, 1 guy ranked #138 in Florida and a guy ranked #143 in LA

this class is really not great on offense.

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

still waiting on apologies from everyone in this thread.  I never pretended to have inside info like so many of the phonies that love to act like their posts matter.  I told y’all the truth from day one.  my posts actually do matter.  I’d like to be acknowledged for it.  

Bet GIF by Soul Train

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Not a single coach is worth buying Herman out just to shell out another 5 million per year + for the same results

Herman is total shit, there are at least a dozen guys out there that would be a clear upgrade over him. 

1 minute ago, NoName said:

just in case you think he is understating the situation here, the top 8 players in the current case are all defensive players

8 of the next 9 are all offensive players. the bottom 7 players in the class are all offensive players (excluding the Aussie punter) - basically we are going to sign the lowest rated offensive recruits we have offered at all offensive positions except WR

our class includes 2 guys outside the top 150 in the State of Texas, 1 guy ranked #138 in Florida and a guy ranked #143 in LA

Transfer portal baby! - Turtle Tom

Just now, NoName said:

And the '22 guys are bailing as well.

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

Well you can see the future. Im a believer. Who's our next coach? 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I love how the program is ~ 2 weeks from being ruined for about a decade and all you care about is your ego because you said you would fist your own asshole if we hired one of the very few people that could actually right the ship at Texas. 

You could fist him into oblivion if you wanted to. I don't think anyone would miss him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic