Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Matt Campbell or Pat Fitzgerald seem like the most proven guys that are reasonably attainable.

Both have overall winning records in conference play in Power 5 conferences for 5 years or greater at schools that are clearly at a disadvantage to their peers.

Bring 'em both in and see which one kills the interview.

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Eh, I’m not with you on that one. Fickell is at a classic Kingmaker program. It’s hard to truly evaluate him. Campbell has succeed in the Big 12 already with inferior players than Texas and OU and he represents a much higher floor. 

I would go Campbell over Fickell. Both are better than TH. How much better? Who knows but 90% sure they're better. 

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Eh, I’m not with you on that one. Fickell is at a classic Kingmaker program. It’s hard to truly evaluate him. Campbell has succeed in the Big 12 already with inferior players than Texas and OU and he represents a much higher floor. 

This.  There is a long enough history of coaches having success at CIncinnati to question how much is FIckell and how much is a result of some built in advantages the program might have compared to its competition.  Obviously Kelly and Dantonio are/were good coaches - and Fickell did have to build the program back up after the Tuberville years.  But I think Campbell took on the bigger job at Iowa State.

image.png.20e801b646bc2bd89b300c1c35da4ae1.png

27 minutes ago, wood said:

IMHO Mack left the cupboard much worse off for Charlie than Charlie left it for Tom. The holes Mack left in the roster were astonishing.

How is this even a debate? Marcus fucking Hutchins was our starting left tackle in 2014. Our other starting tackle had the public nickname No Contact At All. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Any particular reason?  You'd like to share here...

Does one need a good reason? It’s Christmas time and we are getting gifted a bunch of wine so I figured, fuck it might as well make room in the cellar for the new stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Ok night crew.  
Let’s get it rollin.  Got another 45 on the ribs.

I know the answer is bringing a good coach and a big name, if not just for recruiting purposes only.

Would you prefer a defensive minded coach or offensive? (With good OC/DC on either side)

06907793-B6B3-42CF-A63D-18C6928B88E3.jpeg

Like the glass! 

Since Saban has said this year defense isn’t necessary to win the CFP, probably more offensive minded HC for me. Obviously a balance would be the best.

But I would like a damn identity for our program. Good questions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Lol. Campbell not wanting the Texas job is funny. One of the funnier things I've read today. 

I'm telling you this whole fiasco has been a horrible look for the program. Urban saw it and other coaches now see how dirty they're doing a coach who's 2 years removed from a 10 win season, has an overall winning record, and just went 6-3 with a 4 OT loss and a loss because of a stupid RB fumble in this fucked up situation season. Coaching is a tight knit fraternity, especially at that level, and guys like Campbell who know they'll get a shot at a big school if they want it aren't going to want to risk dealing with the garbage they're seeing Texas show. 

We need our program to go back to basics. Cut out all the BMD bullshit. Let the coaches coach and the AD run business. Give time to get things right. That's what it will take to get the stench of a poisoned program and toxic environment out of this program. 

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

I'm telling you this whole fiasco has been a horrible look for the program. Urban saw it and other coaches now see how dirty they're doing a coach who's 2 years removed from a 10 win season, has an overall winning record, and just went 6-3 with a 4 OT loss and a loss because of a stupid RB fumble in this fucked up situation season. Coaching is a tight knit fraternity, especially at that level, and guys like Campbell who know they'll get a shot at a big school if they want it aren't going to want to risk dealing with the garbage they're seeing Texas show. 

We need our program to go back to basics. Cut out all the BMD bullshit. Let the coaches coach and the AD run business. Give time to get things right. That's what it will take to get the stench of a poisoned program and toxic environment out of this program. 

username checks out

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Poolflood said:

Heard this pairs well with 2 tacos and cheeseburger from Jack n the box but can't hold up to a mcrib.

It’s going to have to pair well with takeout sushi because my wife is so engrossed in a jigsaw puzzle I’m on dinner detail tonight. 

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic