Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

How many of our sports aren’t self-funding?

Football totes the note and with $40 million a year deficits for 2020 and 2021 we will be cutting men’s sports like other schools have already done.

New hire better bring some enthusiasm and energy back that isn’t there currently.

2 minutes ago, Lojo Horn said:

How many of our sports aren’t self-funding?

Football totes the note and with $40 million a year deficits for 2020 and 2021 we will be cutting men’s sports like other schools have already done.

New hire better bring some enthusiasm and energy back that isn’t there currently.

It's called Big Dick Energy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

It may also be reason enough for him not to want to coach at Texas and instead keep the family in Columbus

Or hire his son-in-law to coach at TEXAS (with Urban) once the season ends for tOSU.  Being part of the staff that wins this years National Championship would be a great accomplishment for Urban's SIL -- good reason for Urban to wait till tOSU season done before accepting TEXAS job.  🤘  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Or hire his son-in-law to coach at TEXAS (with Urban) once the season ends for tOSU.  Being part of the staff that wins a National Championship would be a great accomplishment for Urban's SIL 

I just don’t think Urban is coming is all. Happy to be wrong. I just don’t see why his SIL would need to leave early if urban wanted to coach Texas 

Edited by taybo20

20 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
51 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
image.png.993ea6816cf0b7c5d6fd44f81b71dc07.png

I think there is enough room for an indoor and outdoor field/facility here just have to move the sid Richardson hall and Strauss center to where current practice field is.  Don’t have to touch lbj library/auditorium 

Lots 37 and 38 can fuck right off.

that fountain and green space, too, fuck that shit!

35 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

...So I started with New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Colorado and I got interrupted. They said of course you are from Texas and everything radiates outward from the center of the universe for you which is Texas. What can I say.

I mean... yes? Doesn't it?

8 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I just don’t think Urban is coming is all. Happy to be wrong. I just don’t see why his SIL would need to leave early if urban wanted to coach Texas 

Not about leaving early, it's about no more distractions for SIL while tOSU is playing to win a Championship.

I get it.  If my family member has a chance to do something incredible and I don't want to possibly mess that up, I would be willing to wait a month before making a move to a new job.

If TEXAS doesn't understand, go find someone else that's better.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Not about leaving early, it's about no more distractions for SIL while tOSU is playing to win a Championship.

I get it.  If my family member has a chance to do something incredible and I don't want to possibly mess that up, I would be willing to wait a month before making a move to a new job.

If TEXAS doesn't understand, go find someone else that's better.

GOOD LUCK !!!

I get all that too, but rumors are the opposite of distraction and that seems to be what is happening if their are indeed talks going on with urban. That stuff doesn’t happen in a bubble

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Gotcha.  When the bats come out.....

@Caddox, who may or may not be the squid, has a friend who has a deer lease and a brother-in-law who's tight with BMD people in Dallas and feels very positive about Texas's chances of hiring Corch Irving. 

1 minute ago, TexasEx said:

@Caddox, who may or may not be the squid, has a friend who has a deer lease and a brother-in-law who's tight with BMD people in Dallas and feels very positive about Texas's chances of hiring Corch Irving. 

Thank you, Simone.

11 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I get all that too, but rumors are the opposite of distraction and that seems to be what is happening if their are indeed talks going on with urban. That stuff doesn’t happen in a bubble

Not as many rumors now though.  CFB talk moving on to Auburn, Art Briles,  PAC12 Championship of USC vs Oregon, and BAMA vs Gata.

Noise on Urban is quieting down for now.  Best shot TEXAS has to still get Urban  is for BMD's, CDC, and ADMIN to go silent or possibly send out smokescreens into Jan 2021.  Also other options should be properly vetted over the next several weeks as a back-up plan.

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.993ea6816cf0b7c5d6fd44f81b71dc07.png

I think there is enough room for an indoor and outdoor field/facility here just have to move the sid Richardson hall and Strauss center to where current practice field is.  Don’t have to touch lbj library/auditorium 

According to my highly precise Google Maps measurements (yes, that's a thing if you right click), you could actually fit a full field north-south just south of the LBJ fountain and leave the fountain. So you could have 3-4 full fields side by side in that spot all situated north-south. 

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

But where would we do Longhorn City Limits?

For all the shitting on Crystal Conte he has really improved the game day experience.

1) Right there.  The McRib restaurant is the crux of pregame!  
2) He has, but it's not hard to improve the game day experience when things go downhill fast once the game actually starts.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

According to my highly precise Google Maps measurements (yes, that's a thing if you right click), you could actually fit a full field north-south just south of the LBJ fountain and leave the fountain. So you could have 3-4 full fields side by side in that spot all situated north-south. 

Honestly then why hasn’t it happened? You obviously have enough room for state of the art indoor facility, full outdoor field turf field, and full outdoor grass field. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Honestly then why hasn’t it happened? You obviously have enough room for state of the art indoor facility, full outdoor field turf field, and full outdoor grass field. 

Well you'd still have to tear out Sid Richardson plus that little police building and lose most of the lawn. I also seem to remember it not being very flat there

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic