Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

That is the only confirmed one but could be others. Just wanted to point out that this tweet wasn't some gotcha moment that she is never leaving Columbus. 

I've seen two Wednesdays taught confirmed. Just don't know if that means she never does it on Thursdays, whether teaching or just doing. She's a fit lady. 

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

i'm not sure about the insider profoundness of saying that a flight that is indisputably in the air and indisputably traveling from columbus to marble falls is...happening.  i think seeing it on FlightAware likely provides all the "legit" that is required for the flight being...legit.

saying shit without saying anything to inflate one's sense of self-importance is my favorite part of these things.

flightaware has a flight plan and ongoing flight in which a transponder is communicating information that any dipshit on the planet with an internet connection can see.

poster: "my 'contacts' at ohio state say this flight is legit.  that's all i can say."

thirsty, frenzied mother fuckers everywhere:

200.gif

Hey, I didn't say it. The guy over there said it. I don't know who's flying on what. But you asked, so I answered your question.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

TO be fair, I believe we have already demonstrated that it is extremely important to us. For once. But in this scenario I don't think that's guaranteeing us the desired outcome. 

sure.  I've never said that not getting Urban means we aren't serious about having great football.  

We will hear he turned it down the second he does.. the fact we are hearing nothing means at worst he's still considering.  Now all the flightaware Horseshoe bay golfing saga I think might be a pipe dream. 

I don’t think so. If he’s already declined, Texas has already moved to Plan B. If he’s about to decline, same thing.

Neither party wants it discussed publicly at this time. There is no benefit for either party. They both are operating under the agreement that secrecy is part of the engagement model.

If and when Texas has a plan B, then you will hear that Urban declined it. Or, if the media pressure gets too intense by early next week and Texas still doesn’t have a Plan B lined up, Urban will likely publicly say he’s happy announcing and not interested. By that point, Texas was supposed to have plan B lined up.

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I don’t think so. If he’s already declined, Texas has already moved to Plan B. If he’s about to decline, same thing.

Neither party wants it discussed publicly at this time. There is no benefit for either party. They both are operating under the agreement that secrecy is part of the engagement model.

If and when Texas has a plan B, then you will hear that Urban declined it. Or, if the media pressure gets too intense by early next week and Texas still doesn’t have a Plan B lined up, Urban will likely publicly say he’s happy announcing and not interested. By that point, Texas was supposed to have plan B lined up.

The way you're talking, it seems like UT has already moved on.

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

At the same time the one time transfer may make rebuilding that much easier for a huge name like Urban.

Sure. But folks like the ways they know. Maybe he just sees guys he has wasted training in his system versus guys coming in that while talented he has to teach in his system. Everyone thinks differently. Maybe he fucking hates woke culture. We don't know shit.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Yeah, Urban is gracious enough to not put out a "I'm not interested in the Texas job" bulletin.  That would crush Tom.

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I like him already

Surly is the Last Chance U for posters banned from other sites. 

"He's got elite potential but landed in some hot water at his last stop for a slur-laced rant about local politics in Lubbock, Texas"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Take an hour for lunch, come back to 45 minutes of catchup and a lingering desire to bash my own head in a fucking car door repeatedly. Never change, Urban Meyer hiring thread, never change. 

Me and this thread: 

brokeback mountain GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, wood said:

Hey, I didn't say it. The guy over there said it. I don't know who's flying on what. But you asked, so I answered your question.

wood, you should know from the other sports board that i have nothing but love for you...you're my go-to for F1 everything.  no hate to you...but i wasn't the one that asked.

it is more of a meta-critique of all the people who flood the boards with innuendo anonymously in order to project grandiosity.

the fact that people get hot and bothered over someone saying a flight is "legit" that is part of the public record in a way that anyone can see is just amusing.  an entertaining by-product of the frenzy.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I'm assuming, if we're on to Plan B/C/D, that Herman will be coaching the Kansas game should it happen.  Hell, assuming Meyer isn't the hire I'd guess the Texas Admin would prefer we have a Kansas game as that would give them more time to complete their search and hire the best of the 'lessers' we can get.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Surly is the Last Chance U for posters banned from other sites. 

"He's got elite potential but landed in some hot water at his last stop for a slur-laced rant about local politics in Lubbock, Texas"

that sounds like a very specific situation you came up with there....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yeah, Urban is gracious enough to not put out a "I'm not interested in the Texas job" bulletin.  That would crush Tom.

I think once Urban's done, he's done. There's no reason to continue the charade. No reason to keep it hush. It'll get out fast, it always does. Hard enough to keep it under wraps when it's a "yes", but needs to stay under wraps. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

wood, you should know from the other sports board that i have nothing but love for you...you're my go-to for F1 everything.  no hate to you...but i wasn't the one that asked.

it is more of a meta-critique of all the people who flood the boards with innuendo anonymously in order to project grandiosity.

the fact that people get hot and bothered over someone saying a flight is "legit" that is part of the public record in a way that anyone can see is just amusing.  an entertaining by-product of the frenzy.

No worries. Hell, already I forgot who it was that asked. LOL. It's cray up in this bitch. 

I, for one, can wait. I think it all happens this weekend unless KSU gets cancelled.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

that sounds like a very specific situation you came up with there....

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Speaking from experience I see

Nah. Does sound like something I'd do, though.

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Meyer was in Sigma Chi. If one of you guys secret-handshake him, doesn't he have to tell you the truth about things while you both ejaculate into a box of donuts? 

If I find myself close enough to give him the grip, I'm guessing we have him in the bag. 

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

So I just messaged a booster friend who lives not far from Marble Falls and told him to get up to HSB stat to confirm/deny a Meyer landing. He responded, "I'm on the runway." Not sure if serious, but I told him to get a selfie with UM if he is.  

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

I'd say Campbell's resume is more similar to Dan Mullen's at Mississippi State if we have to make comparisons to somebody.

He's missing about 5 years as a head coach at P5 and he has never been ranked No. 1 in the country, but not too far off in comparison.  Definitely better than Herman as a comp.

I have source high in Kuper Realty.

Bridget Ramey was buying agent for Joe Rogan. It was bought while off market for $25m. When I asked about Urban Meyer moving here they started questioning my intentions with this info. Didn't want to reveal I'm a Surly agent sleuthing so I dropped it. I'll ask again this weekend.

https://bridgetramey.kuperrealty.com/

Edited by CenTex Hill Billy
wrong bridget
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, ztejas said:

At least one of his daughters is still.in FLA as of today.

Not sure the daughters really matter about where they are. If they've signed off on dad taking the job, they don't really need to see Austin. Shelley, OTOH, would probably want to come in and see the town if she hasn't been here before since she'd be moving there.

I have family up high in Kuper Realty.
Bridget Archer was buying agent for Joe Rogan. It was bought while off market for $25m. When I asked about Urban Meyer moving here they started questioning my intentions with this info. Didn't want to reveal I'm a Surly agent sleuthing so I dropped it. I'll ask again this weekend.
https://www.kuperrealty.com/eng/associate/452-a-1780-4022235/bridget-archer

Used an agent in SA to buy a house in Austin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

So I just messaged a booster friend who lives not far from Marble Falls and told him to get up to HSB stat to confirm/deny a Meyer landing. He responded, "I'm on the runway." Not sure if serious, but I told him to get a selfie with UM if he is.  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic