Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

17 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Worked a job out in Midland in the late 80s. I can't remember the name of the motel or the bar but the bar was right across the street. One of the first times we came in there we got to know the bartenders pretty well and they all have the same advice. They said that quite often they had Odessa women come in and get drunk and if one of them asked you to dance you'd better dance with them because if you didn't they would try to kick your ass and were oftentimes successful.

We called them pressure cooker wives because they slip out to bars to cheat on their husbands then rush home to secretly cook dinner using a pressure cooker to create impression been home all day preparing dinner. 

Edited by Horn80
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Matt Campbell has never landed a top 250 recruit in his life. He's parlayed one of the best seasons in ISU history into landing a bunch of 700-1000 recruits. He is 0-5 vs Iowa. He is 2-1 vs FCS UNI including an OT win. I give him props for being the only coach willing to take this season by the balls and beat an entire conference of teams who are at their 5-10 year lows, but that's about it. Winning at ISU has its set of challenges, but it's nothing like winning at UT where opposing support staff spend a month in the background prepping to play us. We need a coach who has recruited and won at a high level with a target on their back and at this point, he's not that. 

• Hook 'Em 6

11 minutes ago, squib said:

Those stupid "so and so's wife is in town looking at real estate on the downlow" posts/insights need to stop. For every coaching hire--not just this one. Urban is a very rich man; could about to be richer. Austin is a very nice town where wealthy people live. His wife does not need to fly down there and look at houses. Without a doubt there are multi-million dollar homes available. This isn't like your uncle Bobby getting an offer to run a bait stand in Kilgore so he sends his sisterwife Betty Lou down to the trailer park to see if there are parking spots available with good shade left for them to jackup the trailer. Rich people will have rich people places to live in Austin. No one send a wife down to look. Stop with that crap. 

1 minute ago, 3shot said:

You must not be married.  

no shit. no self respecting woman is going to buy a house without at least visiting it twice. once to gauge the size of the master closet, going home to get a mental picture of how that shit will fit in the closet of the new house, and then going back to the new house to confirm that all of her shit will fit.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I have a little fishing cabin in Sargent.  Talk about a dump.  I once saw a woman on meth where the Texaco refused to sell her Hunt Bros Pizza because she was too stoned.

There are some nice houses on Caney Creek about a mile inland from the ICW.

The Golden Triangle is the shittiest part of the state I have been in.  Vidor and Port Arthur are the two worst. At least the shitty south Texas towns have good Mexican food and big ranches with money around them.

Beaumont says hello

3 minutes ago, squib said:

You must not make $12 million a year and have a stay-at-home wife. 

don't care how much money you have. no one is going to buy a house for which they may live in for 5+ years without seeing it. almost every fucking day sleeping in that house for 5+ years.

no.one.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s not theater. The people tracking this accurately are some of the most pessimistic fuckheads around. Truth is, actual journalism should make skeptics of anyone in the profession. My view is that, absurdly, most of the real journalism being done these days is tucked neatly into the sports realm. 

I had a friend reel off like 10 reasons why not last night and he wants/needs it to happen as bad as anyone. If he’d written Nahlin’s article, this board would be devolving into some sort of serious version of the gang fight in Anchorman. 

Yep. 

True journalism is based on facts and evidence not unlike (normal) legal filings.  They can carry some opinions on what might happen but should be grounded in real sources and facts not on feelings.

Fans get excited about what they want to happen and start going off the rails before all the pieces are put together. They are like a kid who sees the present under the tree that is the right size and shape for that super special gift they want so they imagine it is true but you don't know for sure until you open it.  You might get a giant bunny costume.

Best answers you can get right now are probably like a magic 8 ball.

Edited by TexasEd

33 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

I’ve had the shits ever since I ate that McRib yesterday. I hope you’re happy. 

No sir I am not happy. It’s a completely predictable outcome like smoking crack and then sleeping with South Austin’s mom but it’s still sad nonetheless. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, crash_davis said:

don't care how much money you have. no one is going to buy a house for which they may live in for 5+ years without seeing it. almost every fucking day sleeping in that house for 5+ years.

no.one.

So you have to buy a house before you can take a job? When you sign the contract for the head coaching job they also push the real estate documents across the table? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

no.one.

I wouldn't rent an apt without looking at it, much less buy a 5 million dollar house

22 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Allen has a slight advantage because he's playing better competition

Lol - no he isn't. They played tOSU within a score - other than that they haven't beaten anyone that Cincy wouldn't be favored by at least a TD against. 

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Wait, did Chip lift info from both IT's and TFB's latest articles in his piece? 

FCB's article was a steaming heap of shit. All just "If Urban returns to coaching he will want X" and "Feelers were put out after the TCU loss". 100% of what he wrote basically needs no sourcing and was just pulled directly from his ass.

He really does suck

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic