Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

15 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Devil's advocate, but what motivation would Urban have to turn Texas down but continue to string this out secretly until they found their plan B? He has no obligation or incentive to protect Texas from a PR standpoint and I'm sure some of this frenzy is getting back to him and his family. If he's already decided to pass it seems in his best interests to release that information now and let UT deal with the fallout. What does he care?

Plan B?

I was told it's BUST

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

From Kendra Scott to the Property Brothers on this thread....   

Gotta love Surly...

those dudes are tall as shit, probably hung in proportion to their height.  we've established that her vagina is like a black hole.  i.e. it makes perfect logical sense

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

All that really represents is an opportunity to let Urban (or whomever) be a part of designing something to be just how they want it.

yep. and didn't one report earlier state he wants to re-do the practice facilities? 

If Urban could sway a commitment from the Brockermeyer's that would be tits and salvage the 2021 class that's lacking some star power on the offensive line. If Herman or Hand dialed up Blake they'd be laughed at and promptly hung up on.

It's happening.....One of Urban's issues was reportedly adding and redoing the indoor practice fields.  Thamel is his mouthpiece....

How much do you figure it’d cost to upgrade or completely replace those facilities? If Thamel is Urb’s mouthpiece, it’d make sense this is even being discussed. But whatever.

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not sure the daughters really matter about where they are. If they've signed off on dad taking the job, they don't really need to see Austin. Shelley, OTOH, would probably want to come in and see the town if she hasn't been here before since she'd be moving there.

He will want his family there. He’s big into that. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

While the facilities upgrades could present an opportunity, the #1 problem with getting new awesome things is available real estate. I don't *think* there's enough room to build the kind of indoor practice facility over the location of the Bubble currently. Austin real estate isn't easy. 

This is my question as well. Where do you even put these new practice fields he wants in downtown Austin? Commandeer the IM fields?

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

The shittiness of our facilities has always been fucking puzzling, considering the amount of money football generates for the athletic department. I've never understood how they haven't been upgraded in, what, 20 years? 

It really is embarrassing. Just shows you how complacent this program has gotten for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, Chad said:

If Urban could sway a commitment from the Brockermeyer's that would be tits and salvage the 2021 class that's lacking some star power on the offensive line. If Herman or Hand dialed up Blake they'd be laughed at and promptly hung up on.

A commitment from the Brockermeyer's what

Housekeeper? Cook? 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic