Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Just finished my week at 6am. Get home and do a few chores I've put off for too long like trimming tree limbs with my new pole saw before it gets too hot. Soon as I knocked that out I change into my weekend fuck off clothes, pour a nice strong drink, fill a fat bowl just like Martha did for George back in the day because she was a righteous lady and right as I'm about to spark up... the phone rings. Seems somebody turned in their 2 weeks notice Thursday then said fuck it and quit outright yesterday.
Now who in the fuck are they going to call to fill 2 last minute 12 hour shifts? You have 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.
Pretty sure these are Time and a half holiday pay, so that takes some of the sting out of it because the hours alone will push me into regular overtime by 24 hours for the week. They are going to pay for this dearly. Time to start planning that Hawaii trip. Plus the property is closed so no knuckleheads to deal with. Just wish my new drones had shown up in time. This would be the perfect time to test/play with them.

Why’d you answer the phone?
  • Hook 'Em 4

Dickhead MAGAts that insist on flying there dickhead Trump or FJB flags at the beach.

Got dang America loving heroes, every single one of them flexing their freedom muscles!! Just came back from a beach ride a couple of minutes ago and you’re correct, Trump 2024/FJB flags are absolutely everywhere and a couple people set up to sell them! No CR, but I wonder why I’ve never seen a Biden flag? Surely they make them!

Political flags are extra offensive, but I kind of wonder why any flags show up at the beach. I’m pretty minimalist at the beach and do about 80:20 water to sand time. I get that you want a nice place to chill, but why are you advertising your team loyalty or state or other shit via a flag on your tent. 

A while back I was out on a paddle board on the lower Laguna Madre, has started at sunrise and was coming back in near a ramp. Some assholes who had just launched their boat flipped me off and kicked up their wake trying to put me in the drink, it was a warm winter day so it would have been a pretty shitty end.  They were flying a DJT flag. 

• Like 5

Political flags are extra offensive, but I kind of wonder why any flags show up at the beach. I’m pretty minimalist at the beach and do about 80:20 water to sand time. I get that you want a nice place to chill, but why are you advertising your team loyalty or state or other shit via a flag on your tent. 

A while back I was out on a paddle board on the lower Laguna Madre, has started at sunrise and was coming back in near a ramp. Some assholes who had just launched their boat flipped me off and kicked up their wake trying to put me in the drink, it was a warm winter day so it would have been a pretty shitty end.  They were flying a DJT flag. 

Used to be you’d use a flag to make it easier find your spot on a crowded beach. Now everyone has at least one and too many are identical so it’s defeated that purpose. Still see a few confederate or pirate flags, maybe a beer flag, but the majority are Trump related with a few Texas and American flags mixed in. From what I can tell the Trump flag guys are pretty much the confederate flag guys with an extra 20 bucks to spend.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/21/2023 at 2:37 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

The theme for my son's film class this year was Top Gun, so my wife bought a bunch of cheap, Ray Ban, knockoff aviators for the kids to wear.  There are at least 20 pairs currently sitting on various shelves in my fireplace room/kitchen.  Yesterday, I got pissed while cleaning up after my slob family.  I grabbed a pair of the cheap sunglasses and threw them.  They shattered.  I threw the pair away without thinking about it.  This morning I can't find my Ray Bans.  Yep.  5% chance I grabbed an actual pair of expensive specs to throw across the room.

Is that a humblebrag that your wife bought knockoffs instead of the real thing?

Man, if I saw confederate flags on my beach, I’d just find a new spot. Life doesn’t have enough beach days to spend one next to people who are hateful or stupid and most likely both. 

8eee1bcb0fa6aad484137c9399272163.jpg
Possible trigger warning then. New Trump flags and confederate flags are pretty similar, both promoting the resurrection of the lost cause.

It’s got dang amazing how many people don’t understand Memorial Day. My Facebook feed is full of people telling their very much alive friends and relatives thank you for your service, or people talking about remembering their dead grandparents or whatever.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

ive recently seen this shit pop up... youtube ads longer than 1 hour!

the only one of those i thought was something anyone (not me, but someone) would ever want to watch was HEB's high school graduation ad in 2020.  i think they sponsored a whole high school virtually walking. 

• Haha 1

Mail in rebates, in 2023. By the time I get a stamp, envelope, fill out the form, and find a post office, I've already spent the $5. If it's not an instant rebate, shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

As a matter of fact, all rebates should be instant. If your customers qualify for a rebate, give it to them. Stop dicking them around.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

47 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Mail in rebates, in 2023. By the time I get a stamp, envelope, fill out the form, and find a post office, I've already spent the $5. If it's not an instant rebate, shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

As a matter of fact, all rebates should be instant. If your customers qualify for a rebate, give it to them. Stop dicking them around.

i definitely remember the conundrum:

cut the UPC label off the modem box for $15 mail in rebate or... retain the right to return it if the product is fucked

Two-Buttons.jpg

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Not trivial... but surly worthy and beyond.

We were driving to a basketball tournament on Saturday headed north on Mopac just south of Slaughter.  Traffic was light to medium moving about 70 mph.  Apparently it was not fast enough for some cocksucker on a crotch rocket who decides to ride the white center stripes at around 100 through about a dozen cars scattered in both lanes.

• Rage+1 1

On 5/28/2023 at 11:01 PM, elfenix said:

image.png.7efbcf93e2908e325c1496367cdea6eb.png

34 fucking minute ad on youtube!  does anyone not skip this shit? (only trivial because it can be skipped)

If you're really high you might watch 8 mins before realizing it's an ad. 

• Rage+1 1

I’ve seen plenty of hot women in bikinis and topless at beaches.  I’ve only seen snow bunnies like that once and that was while skiing in A Basin in May

This right here^^^

And my future wife, helped me make a better decision that day. Other wise, I’d be posting a metric shit ton in another thread!!1!

Wait, there is another thread for that excursion as well!

41fe9d2f335ebdc4c20c90675f4b1e67.gif
  • Haha 1

Was out and about running errands about 2 saturdays ago.  Wife texts me at 10:52 to go ahead and pick up some lunch, something quick.  

I pull into McDonald's at 10:55 knowing full well they are about to start lunch service at 11.  I'm 2nd car in line on the inside ordering stall.  Boxed in from moving.  At 11:28, I finally get to order my fucking kids their Happy Meals and some nuggs for me & the wife to split.  Get my food at 11:44, fully enraged.  Check my bag, cold fries.  Cold nuggs.  All ice has melted on my drinks.  

I pull around and go inside, slap the shit on the counter.  "The least you could do is give me hot nuggs and fries after getting stuck in line for 43 minutes".   

Get new nuggs and fries.  Not quite as cold, but definitely not piping hot.  Leave in a rage while answering 2 different phone calls from the wife.    Shitheels.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

On 5/31/2023 at 3:48 PM, BonzoMontreaux said:

Not trivial... but surly worthy and beyond.

We were driving to a basketball tournament on Saturday headed north on Mopac just south of Slaughter.  Traffic was light to medium moving about 70 mph.  Apparently it was not fast enough for some cocksucker on a crotch rocket who decides to ride the white center stripes at around 100 through about a dozen cars scattered in both lanes.

I couldn't believe the first time I had a lane-splitter zip by me in traffic in Los Angeles. California has a shit-ton of idiocy but allowing that takes the cake.

I never saw it happen here until the last three or four years.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 5/30/2023 at 8:53 AM, Brothahorn said:

Smith & Wesson recently offered $100 rebates on selected firearms. 
Of course the dealers automatically jacked up their prices by a like amount.

People who don't accelerate with some authority after clearing a highway wreck. Especially when that person was annoyed at me for not letting him into the tiny gap in front of me when there was a South Austin's mom sized yawning cavern of a gap in traffic right behind me. Yeah, I saw that horns down you gave me impotently from a car length back. Glad I wasn't behind your lollygagging ass once we cleared the hazmat spill (U-Haul ran into the back of a tanker, hope he got the damage waiver)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I couldn't believe the first time I had a lane-splitter zip by me in traffic in Los Angeles. California has a shit-ton of idiocy but allowing that takes the cake.
I never saw it happen here until the last three or four years.

Seems like a great way to get yourself killed when I perform a perfectly legal lane change from lane going 30 mph to the lane going 32 mph…while you zip up, invisible because of all the cars blocking you, at 70 mph.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wat

Its a light recently installed on an arbitrary section of the road without any crossing street. 

Theres a speed camera pointing about 75 yards away, in both direction, that if the limit is breached itll trigger the light. 

If youre approaching the light and the car behind you, or opposite direction of you, speeds, itll affect you. 

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

Its a light recently installed on an arbitrary section of the road without any crossing street. 

Theres a speed camera pointing about 75 yards away, in both direction, that if the limit is breached itll trigger the light. 

If youre approaching the light and the car behind you, or opposite direction of you, speeds, itll affect you. 

That is fucked

• Like 1

Don’t know what the speed limit is on their street, but at 40mph you’re going to cover that 75 yards in under 4 seconds. More than likely before the light can turn red. So you won’t be affected by the light, you’re just screwing everyone around you!

Sometime between 2014-15 I bought a new iPhone and it came with a free “gift” of the latest U2 album. Apparently whenever I’ve upgraded my phone they transfer that album along with everything else. Every time I hook my phone up to CarPlay this album starts playing and I remind myself to try and figure out how to delete it as soon as I get home, which of course I immediately forget to do until it happens again! FWIW I don’t think U2’s put out anything worth listening to since the mid 80’s!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1