Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, UTEX90 said:

Coming into a thread with 69 pages certain that this has all been discussed but not having time to read the whole damn thing. (I am sure I will make some of you surly for doing this)

Kids running around outside in socks without shoes.

Little sayings printed as art decor all around the house.

Opening the garage and finding the refrigerator open and 100% denial by the entire household that anyone got anything out of it.

Finding a half drank soda or Gatorade in the house or fridge.

People bitching on Nextdoor about how people drive in the neighborhood.

Having to repeat myself.

My dog continuing to bark after I get home when he can see it is clearly me and not an intruder.

Big women in little shorts.

Finding mold on cheese or bread.

Putting utensils in the dishwasher handle down so they have to fondle the eating end when putting them back in the drawer.

Not being in complete control of the remote.

Someone sitting in my spot on the couch.

Not being able to understand someone at a drive through window.

Having unsolicited newspapers thrown in my yard.

The "My Pillow Guy."

People who get married during hunting and football season. (Not so trivial)

Chit chat conversation. (And the people who want to continue it long after I have tuned out.)

Finding a typo on something that was already sent.

People who gossip.

The price of bottled water in stores and tea in a restaurants.

Huh?  Could you repeat that?  

Waiting for a spot in a crowded parking lot and the fuck who's packing his/her car is just taking their sweet everloving time, then crawling at a snail's pace to return their cart (if they do it at all), and then after getting in their car, spend maybe 5 minutes adjusting the mirrors, fine tuning the audio system, fixing their haircut/makeup, before pulling out of the spot

20 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

People who sit there blocking the parking lot lane while they wait for 15 minutes for someone to finish packing their shit and leave rather than just go find an empty spot. You could probably use the extra exercise of walking another 20 feet.

It's almost as if in crowded lots, there aren't other available spots, and that extended waiting time is an unlikely and unpredictable occurrence.

16 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

People who sit there blocking the parking lot lane while they wait for 15 minutes for someone to finish packing their shit and leave rather than just go find an empty spot. You could probably use the extra exercise of walking another 20 feet.

My parking philosophy is take the first open spot no matter how far away it is.  Hell, on nice days I purposely park far away.

• Like 2

I caught a cold and I have no idea how. The first symptom was a sore throat Friday night. My throat felt better on Saturday but by that night it was a full on cold. Headache, runny nose, coughing and sneezing, head congestion.

I didn't have any physical contact with anyone in the three or four days leading up to Friday night. I didn't see cold symptoms from anyone that I interacted with. I prepared all my food at home until Friday night when I ordered takeout. But there wasn't enough time for incubation before symptoms appeared so it's not like someone sneezed on my pasta primavera.

I very rarely get sick. I don't have kids and don't interact with them much. I'm good about washing my hands regularly. The last time I caught a cold it was because a friend at my poker game was sick and didn't tell anyone but shook our hands anyway. Three of us caught his cold. I bought a big bottle of hand sanitizer for the game to put a stop to that. And we didn't play poker last week. 

Damndest thing. My only guess is that some ailing individual wiped their nose and then used a door handle that I later used and they managed to slip one past the goalie. Hopefully it's gone soon. I could use a hearty bowl of chicken soup. 

28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I caught a cold and I have no idea how. The first symptom was a sore throat Friday night. My throat felt better on Saturday but by that night it was a full on cold. Headache, runny nose, coughing and sneezing, head congestion.

I didn't have any physical contact with anyone in the three or four days leading up to Friday night. I didn't see cold symptoms from anyone that I interacted with. I prepared all my food at home until Friday night when I ordered takeout. But there wasn't enough time for incubation before symptoms appeared so it's not like someone sneezed on my pasta primavera.

I very rarely get sick. I don't have kids and don't interact with them much. I'm good about washing my hands regularly. The last time I caught a cold it was because a friend at my poker game was sick and didn't tell anyone but shook our hands anyway. Three of us caught his cold. I bought a big bottle of hand sanitizer for the game to put a stop to that. And we didn't play poker last week. 

Damndest thing. My only guess is that some ailing individual wiped their nose and then used a door handle that I later used and they managed to slip one past the goalie. Hopefully it's gone soon. I could use a hearty bowl of chicken soup. 

My work is done here.........

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Fucking fountain drinks. About 90% of the time, they don't taste like they should. Movie theaters are generally on, but almost all other places are shit. Why is this?

a big part of me giving up soft drinks was those fucking shit menaces that spew 40 different kinds of drinks out of one spigot ... absolute fucking garbage 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:
That shit isn't trivial.
Getting a Sonic breakfast burrito, and the jalapenos are all clumped up in one end of the burrito rather than spread evenly.  It's not rocket surgery, damn it.

Well your first mistake is eating at Sonic to begin with.

There are eternal truths. The second one is never eat at Taco Bell. Walked into one back in HS, and saw them ladling some kind of brown, lumpy, shit in a wrap and asked what that was, the guy said it was my burrito. I've never been back to one in 30 plus years.

• Like 1

Fucking fountain drinks. About 90% of the time, they don't taste like they should. Movie theaters are generally on, but almost all other places are shit. Why is this?
Because that shit comes in a box. Nothing but low quality syrup. One of my old jobs, I had to maintain the fountain drinks in our main break room. First time being exposed to what a fountain drink actually was. So fucking cheap too which is why fast food and restaurants love to push drinks on you since the profit margin is huge on each drink.

Seeing that stupid Duracell commercial that shows the dumbass with a dead battery in his mouse accidentally drafting a kicker in the 7th round of some dufus fantasy league and then a picture of Justin Tucker pops up.  That fucking Incel doing his fantasy draft from his grandmother's basement on his TRS 80'should be honored to have Justin Tucker on his team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Seeing that stupid Duracell commercial that shows the dumbass with a dead battery in his mouse accidentally drafting a kicker in the 7th round of some dufus fantasy league and then a picture of Justin Tucker pops up.  That fucking Incel doing his fantasy draft from his grandmother's basement on his TRS 80'should be honored to have Justin Tucker on his team.

I saw that and thought Justin needs to tweet Duracell with some smack about his stats, and maybe parlay it into an endorsement deal.

Pretty obvious stuff here so it's probably already been said, but....

1.) Zombies walking in public spaces at 1 mile per hour while staring down at their phones oblivious to anyone else around them.  Your Facebook feed can wait.  Get moving.

2.)  People having conversations on their phone in a public shitter.

3.) People having obnoxiously loud conversations on speaker phone in public places like coffee shops. 

So pretty much just cell phones in general. 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, cabowabo said:

Because that shit comes in a box. Nothing but low quality syrup. One of my old jobs, I had to maintain the fountain drinks in our main break room. First time being exposed to what a fountain drink actually was. So fucking cheap too which is why fast food and restaurants love to push drinks on you since the profit margin is huge on each drink.

To be fair, you didn't really explain why some are shit and some are good.  

And now...I kinda wanna know, too...dammit!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Damn, man...you're a paranoid little flower, aren't ya...?

While out with the family this past weekend, I saw at least 3 boys between the ages of 2-4 wearing t-shirts supporting feminism. Shirts with slogans like “I am a feminist” and “I support feminism”. Using your kid (who has no idea what these concepts are) to make a political statement annoys the shit out of me. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 3adays said:

While out with the family this past weekend, I saw at least 3 boys between the ages of 2-4 wearing t-shirts supporting feminism. Shirts with slogans like “I am a feminist” and “I support feminism”. Using your kid (who has no idea what these concepts are) to make a political statement annoys the shit out of me. 

Or an Aggie shirt. Just wrong to expose kids to your stupid views.

I'm not an expert, but I think they can tweak the syrup to water ratio and maybe most places just don't give a shit to get it just right. I agree that they suck more often than they don't.

37 minutes ago, Okie State said:
9 hours ago, After irth said:

I'm not an expert, but I think they can tweak the syrup to water ratio and maybe most places just don't give a shit to get it just right. I agree that they suck more often than they don't.

They can either tweak the syrup to water and carbonation ratio, clean the lines, or always be sure to be serving syrup that is still in date. The nozzles also need to be cleaned on the dispenser. Those things get disgusting.

*I used to work for Coca Cola. 

Trivial, maybe, but I get surly about the fact that women never outgrow the fantasy of being the center of attention and adulation. For young girls it's being a princess or a rock star or a princess rock star who can do magic. Fine, that's kind of cute. Then you watch CNBC and there's one fintech or brokerage commercial that's emblematic-- this woman is giving a quasi-TED talk and not only isn't stumped by a tough question from the audience, they give her answer a standing ovation! Yay! She's a rock star! She's the hero of all the company's employees!

Fucking grow up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Okie State said:
12 hours ago, After irth said:

The water source plays a significant role too. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

3 hours ago, Hanrahan said:

I was gifted an old Lexus es 350.  Fun car but the fucking seat belt reminder is on meth.  As soon as you start the car, still in park, it starts beeping and keeps beeping and gets louder and keeps fucking beeping.  Knock that shit off.

Put your fucking seatbelt on, then.

• Like 1