Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

This may wreck your evening, but we hired 2 new people 3 weeks ago and another Monday for the factory and warehouse. I understand you and your friends want failure so bad in america that you can taste it, but we are fairly diversified in our markets.

now I actually feel bad for poking at you. Good luck to you.

33 minutes ago, markstanco said:

This may wreck your evening, but we hired 2 new people 3 weeks ago and another Monday for the factory and warehouse. I understand you and your friends want failure so bad in america that you can taste it, but we are fairly diversified in our markets.

So - it is snowing in (fill in the blank) - so Global Warming stuff is B.S. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:
So - it is snowing in (fill in the blank) - so Global Warming stuff is B.S. ?

Not following, explain?

He’s saying the sample size is too small. Not surprised you didn’t follow. 

14 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I hope all you idiotic fucking morons who voted for Trump because "he's a businessman so he'll be good for the stock market" are happy.  Stupid shits.

Anyone who thought in 2015/2016 that Trump is a "businessman" is a fucking moron and really should consider never voting again.

Voting for Trump because he's a "businessman" is like voting for him because he's a young black female.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Trump and Pence had limited interaction with the Brazilian official with coronavirus and therefore will neither be tested nor quarantined. Doesn’t this contradict every cdc recommendation? And while we don’t want to waste covid tests needlessly, I don’t think it’s a waste if our top govt officials ensure they don’t have it.

of course, do we think there is any scenario where trump would admit if he did have it?

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

of course, do we think there is any scenario where trump would admit if he did have it?

No, never. He would see it as an extreme weakness.

I don't think he'll get tested. Can't be leaked if there are no tests.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I didn’t realize until now that trump wants to take payroll taxes to zero for the remainder of the year.

Well payroll taxes fund health care and social security, and it'll be easier to cut them if we bleed them first.

12 minutes ago, Bookman said:

No, never. He would see it as an extreme weakness.

I don't think he'll get tested. Can't be leaked if there are no tests.

Someone get Pelosi into one of those bubble habitats stat. Dems need to make sure they have zero direct contact with the GOP squalor until Boomer AIDS has run its course. 

21 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Anyone who thought in 2015/2016 that Trump is a "businessman" is a fucking moron and really should consider never voting again.

Voting for Trump because he's a "businessman" is like voting for him because he's a young black female.

But he played one on TV and sat in a big fancy boardroom and fired people all the time like business men do. 

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump and Pence had limited interaction with the Brazilian official with coronavirus and therefore will neither be tested nor quarantined. Doesn’t this contradict every cdc recommendation? And while we don’t want to waste covid tests needlessly, I don’t think it’s a waste if our top govt officials ensure they don’t have it.

(checks notes) No. I don't believe he would admit it because it would harm the narrative he has managed to construct. To wit, this is all Obama's fault (and every other President since Trump is the greatest of all time).

Obama had the H1N1 and all those people died. Since America isn't testing on that scale whether or not it is useful for treatment, then the numbers are low regardless. Therefore, throw blame at Obama.

The CDC operated the H1N1 under Obama and the HHS declared an emergency in (April?) of 2009 with Obama's declaration following in October, thus mobilizing persons and funds to tackle the virus at the local, state, and federal levels. Trump ignoring CDC warnings of the last several months and dismantling programs ----throw blame at CDC.

So he sees his opportunity to throw a lot of blame at Obama and yet as the stock market crashes, the economy slowly lumbers to a halt and he's worried his one 'gotcha' moment is slipping away. Admitting he has the virus is (to him) a weakness unless somehow he has an out (the CDC is responsible) but with Presidementia his narratives get jumbled.

The best/worst suspense in all of this is that as a malignant narcissistic sociopath as he succumbs to the virus he will never realize this was all his fault he is dying. Sad

****The only item on the President's schedule today is a meeting with "Industry Executives" on a COVID-19 response.****

I did notice in his talk with Ireland's PM yesterday that Trump had this comment:

Well, we have things that I can do. We have very strong emergency powers under the Stafford Act. And we are -- we have it -- I mean, I have it memorized, practically, as to the powers in that act. And if I need to do something, I'll do it. I have the right to do a lot of things that people don't even know about.

Martial law? Cancel elections? Who knows? One would hope that it would be something to assist Americans, but (once again checks notes) that will not happen. It will assist Trump.

I get a sore throat with every cold I've ever had, just the way my body works I guess. Today I woke up with a sore throat and headache. Lovely. Been nice knowing y'all.

last night as I was listening to the news and really taking in just how serious this threat really is, I thought to myself, this may be something that Trump can’t actually deal with like he does everything else - by whining and complaining, lying, blaming others, and childish name calling - this may actually be the thing that leads to the end for him.  

and then a minute or two later I laughed out loud because I realized, of course he can, and will, and 100% of current Republicans will not only completely buy it, but will actively cheer it all on, because they are hacks and that’s what they think great leadership looks like.  And supporting a “leader” whose handling of this would be considered criminally negligent in just about any other context really sticks it to the liberals. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Yeah, but Hillary sold our uranium to Putin. She's a puppet. 

Honestly this was the argument I got the most from "conservatives". They stand by it today and dismiss all of the ties Trump has to Moscow money.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

CDC guidelines permit/require testing only if you have SYMPTOMS and EXPOSURE.

Testing of individuals is really of limited value.  It's testing of groups and gathering data that we really need.

last night as I was listening to the news and really taking in just how serious this threat really is, I thought to myself, this may be something that Trump can’t actually deal with like he does everything else - by whining and complaining, lying, blaming others, and childish name calling - this may actually be the thing that leads to the end for him.  

and then a minute or two later I laughed out loud because I realized, of course he can, and will, and 100% of current Republicans will not only completely buy it, but will actively cheer it all on, because they are hacks and that’s what they think great leadership looks like.  And supporting a “leader” whose handling of this would be considered criminally negligent in just about any other context really sticks it to the liberals. 

He tried to blame Obama for this testing mess just this morning

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

this is a beaten man grasping at straws in front of the entire world.  he is so overmatched by the moment, it's embarrassing.  i would say comical, but it's not funny because we are the ones bearing the brunt of his ineptitude.

Edited by Jive Turkey

3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

I was about to laugh at you after reading the first paragraph. Kudos for understanding the world we live in now.

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

Lol, nobody wants failure, you fucking sheep. The economy will take an obvious hit when things shut down. If Trump took action early, put public health first, and just said an economic downturn is unavoidable at this point, very few would blame him for the downturn. Hell, most of us don't blame him now for the fact that ecnomic activity is going to take a hit. He's taking shit now because he refused to acknowledge a problem, and thereby exacerbated it, all in addition to making ridiculous claims about his genius and his medical "hunches" and whatever. Our country is a laughing stock. People like you support that because lib tears or something. It has to be a form of mental illness at this point.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How do you test a group without testing individuals?

Don't be obtuse.  Widespread testing of the general population and selected segments thereof is of value.

Testing Felito, Justin, and the Dotard does nothing except waste tests.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Just saw the market has given up a significant portion of the early gains.  Is dotard tweeting again?

The markets are just getting out ahead of his next press conference at 3pm.  Thanks, Trump! 

6 minutes ago, alincoln said:

President Pelosi in less than 10 days?

It's not entirely clear the Presidential Succession Act is constitutional.  An "Officer" in the constitution is widely regarded  as a cabinet official, not a Member of Congress. 

Honestly, you don't want to go down that road,  It would be a fucking nightmare scenario with Pelosi and Pompeo each claiming the office.

Edited by Bateshorn

24 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I did not know I could hate this man anymore than I already did but his Obama tirade today on twitter has taken it to another level. I'll chunk the deuce to this country if this idiot wins re-election. 

I'll seriously consider moving to Canada. If he can withstand this, there's no fucking hope for this country.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

It's not entirely clear the Presidential Succession Act is constitutional.  An "Officer" in the constitution is widely regarded  as a cabinet official, not a Member of Congress. 

Honestly, you don't want to go down that road,  It would be a fucking nightmare scenario with Pelosi and Pompeo each claiming the office.

i thought it was vp, speaker, president pro temp, before any cabinet members.

3 U.S. Code § 19.Vacancy in offices of both President and Vice President; officers eligible to act

(d)

(1)
If, by reason of death, resignation, removal from office, inability, or failure to qualify, there is no President pro tempore to act as President under subsection (b) of this section, then the officer of the United States who is highest on the following list, and who is not under disability to discharge the powers and duties of the office of President shall act as President: Secretary of State, Secretary of the Treasury, Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, Secretary of the Interior, Secretary of Agriculture, Secretary of Commerce, Secretary of Labor, Secretary of Health and Human Services, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Secretary of Transportation, Secretary of Energy, Secretary of Education, Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Secretary of Homeland Security.

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i thought it was vp, speaker, president pro temp, before any cabinet members.

It is, and that's the problem.  The Constitution says:

Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

The problem is "officer" is widely understood to mean a cabinet official.  Members of Congress are not understood to be "officers"

But the statute still is in effect so the Speaker would take office and someone would have to sue. Of course trumps judges would do his bidding immediately so she’d likely be president for a few minutes at most. The trump cult is likely to be around long after he dies. He’s likely be granted sainthood immediately.

Edited by 'stache