Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

6 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

If he wasn't our god dammed president, he'd be fucking hilarious 

Many numbers. Some numbers so beautiful you wouldn't believe it. Numbers that the guy from Two Corinthians wouldn't believe. What was his name? Paul or Saul or something.

That reminds me have you seen Better Call Saul? We need that guy on this Chinavirus thing. Which reminds did you know that China is building a statue in my honor? Going to be the biggest statue ever built. The most beautiful statue. I had a guy come up to me, a big burly Chinaman. We can still say that right? Oh we can't? Okay a big fat Chinaman, the fattest one I have ever seen, ran up to me and said he saw the prototype. He was crying while telling me how big and beautiful it is going to be! The best statue builders in the world are on it right now working around the clock to honor YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT! 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

Is this asshole not being briefed every half hour on our progress and options related to a rapidly spreading virus? Is he really just sitting there at midnight calling a primary candidate who isn't even running anymore silly names? 

Wouldn't tireless work resemble something like providing nothing but nonstop information as he receives it? He has already been a detriment to how seriously people are taking optimal preventative measures. He needs to be politely shelved for at least a week. Half the country thinks this is a political hoax in spite of global evidence. This is not a drill. 

We might be two weeks away from half of the Republican Senate having no choice but to deem him unfit and dangerously negligent. It's beginning to appear very likely that we're possibly the worst prepared country for what is clearly coming. I didn't believe this yesterday. I believe it now.

At least one news network should seize advertising and air nothing but substantial updates. President Giggles might pick up on the gravity and attempt to be useful. 

• Like 2

If he wasn’t so damn stupid his ass would be puckering up right now in anticipation of what is about to happen to him in the general election. The last couple of weeks have not been kind to his re-election chances. Plenty of time to turn that around, but I’m not sure his minuscule brain can comprehend that he is in trouble right now. I know his supporters don’t see what is happening right now.

8 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Is this asshole not being briefed every half hour on our progress and options related to a rapidly spreading virus? Is he really just sitting there at midnight calling a primary candidate who isn't even running anymore silly names? 

Wouldn't tireless work resemble something like providing nothing but nonstop information as he receives it? He has already been a detriment to how seriously people are taking optimal preventative measures. He needs to be politely shelved for at least a week. Half the country thinks this is a political hoax in spite of global evidence. This is not a drill. 

We might be two weeks away from half of the Republican Senate having no choice but to deem him unfit and dangerously negligent. It's beginning to appear very likely that we're possibly the worst prepared country for what is clearly coming. I didn't believe this yesterday. I believe it now.

At least one news network should seize advertising and air nothing but substantial updates. President Giggles might pick up on the gravity and attempt to be useful. 

This was in the corona virus thread as well. He knows exactly what he's doing. Prevent testing so numbers stay low, and then he can tell everyone that he saved us from the numbers we see in other countries. I have no doubt that the actual number of cases is at least 5 times higher in the U.S.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thrawn said:

If he wasn’t so damn stupid his ass would be puckering up right now in anticipation of what is about to happen to him in the general election. The last couple of weeks have not been kind to his re-election chances. Plenty of time to turn that around, but I’m not sure his minuscule brain can comprehend that he is in trouble right now. I know his supporters don’t see what is happening right now.

I believe that is why you are seeing certain 'smarter' folks like Ted Cruz bunkering down and self quarantining. Ted isn't up for re-election, but he is employing PR for his supporters. "Look I'm doing something!" when he is probably at home crunching numbers and looking at his financials (among other things). The GOP may figure that bunkering down and roaring back in four years (after the economy and morale is cratered among the populace) is the best they can do right now if the numbers aren't supporting them for November. It's up to the populace to keep the next fascist from assuming power because after the last three years you have to believe the next one will be a whole lot worse (smarter and more capable) than Trump.

With respect to Trump. Today he will be meeting with Mike Pompeo at lunch time. I'm speculating that Mike will be bringing Biden dirt or something to cheer up the President. Mike knows how to play.

Afterwards, the President will meet with bankers to discuss the COVID-19 response. Later today will be another COVID briefing and then the President and First Lady will travel to the Naval Observatory to have dinner with VP and Mrs. Pence. Perhaps they will discuss the VP's chances of remaining on the ballot? The results of the nonexistent physical?

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:
This was in the corona virus thread as well. He knows exactly what he's doing. Prevent testing so numbers stay low, and then he can tell everyone that he saved us from the numbers we see in other countries. I have no doubt that the actual number of cases is at least 5 times higher in the U.S.. 

There is a flaw in his approach.  Trump cannot control the media.  Sure, the media has in general been far too passive in its dealings with POTUS, but ultimately, news will be reported.

Over the next few weeks, this pandemic will become "local news" almost everywhere.  People will start connecting the dots.  Maybe Trump's base will hold out longer, but eventually, the numbers are not going to add up for the vast majority of people in the US.  Most will come to see that this administration has traded public health for re-election chances, and that's gonna leave a mark.

• Like 3

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

There is a flaw in his approach.  Trump cannot control the media.  Sure, the media has in general been far too passive in its dealings with POTUS, but ultimately, news will be reported.

Over the next few weeks, this pandemic will become "local news" almost everywhere.  People will start connecting the dots.  Maybe Trump's base will hold out longer, but eventually, the numbers are not going to add up for the vast majority of people in the US.  Most will come to see that this administration has traded public health for re-election chances, and that's gonna leave a mark.

It needs to be repeated over and over:   Trump sacrificed you and your family's health because he thought it would get him re-elected.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Somebody must be feeling insecure this morning and his lil helpers are trying to tweet encouragement for him to retweet. The Obama references are a must.

Missouri last voted Democratic in 1996.

Joe Biden has 830,000+ votes in Michigan.

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hahahahah yea right, look at below and just think for a Sec if these idiots will change 

THe Rs will blame the Ds and the stupid people will buy it 

6 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Missouri last voted Democratic in 1996.

Yup . . . 2nd term for Governor Mel Carnahan, a family friend.  His wife Jean took over Mel's Senate campaign in 2000 after Mel died in a plane crash.  Jean was my mom's best friend.

By then, Missouri was turning red and increasingly stupid.  It has not recovered.  I'll never go back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Hahahahah yea right, look at below and just think for a Sec if these idiots will change 

THe Rs will blame the Ds and the stupid people will buy it 

We all get it, the ledge, whatever.

Votes may not change by any significant amount. but if you think a Trumpkin in Alabama won't realize that 100 deaths in Birmingham doesn't correlate to a quoted 1,000 deaths nationwide, you're fooling yourself.  But by all means, continue to go with the Brisket angle.  Things are changing.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yup . . . 2nd term for Governor Mel Carnahan, a family friend.  His wife Jean took over Mel's Senate campaign in 2000 after Mel died in a plane crash.  Jean was my mom's best friend.

By then, Missouri was turning red and increasingly stupid.  It has not recovered.  I'll never go back.

Well, duh, they SEC now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

We all get it, the ledge, whatever.

Votes may not change by any significant amount. but if you think a Trumpkin in Alabama won't realize that 100 deaths in Birmingham doesn't correlate to a quoted 1,000 deaths nationwide, you're fooling yourself.  But by all means, continue to go with the Brisket angle.  Things are changing.  

I mean, if we're gonna be optimistic, the thing to be optimistic about is that Trump's incompetence may result in getting him, a bunch of elected GOP officials, and a bunch of their elderly voters killed. Ted Cruz and Paul Gosar aren't going to come out of quarantine in two weeks with a new appreciation for the role of government, and the elderly voters who keep congregating out of spite for the damn libs who are making up this whole coronavirus hoax aren't going to suddenly have a moment of dawning comprehension. If we're very lucky their spite will kill enough of them that the rest of us can keep them from destroying the whole planet before they go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I mean, if we're gonna be optimistic, the thing to be optimistic about is that Trump's incompetence may result in getting him, a bunch of elected GOP officials, and a bunch of their elderly voters killed. Ted Cruz and Paul Gosar aren't going to come out of quarantine in two weeks with a new appreciation for the role of government, and the elderly voters who keep congregating out of spite for the damn libs who are making up this whole coronavirus hoax aren't going to suddenly have a moment of dawning comprehension. If we're very lucky their spite will kill enough of them that the rest of us can keep them from destroying the whole planet before they go.

Well, I'm not optimistic, but I don't disagree with your point.

6 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

Poor dumb bastard.  Has no idea that in 2012 the Democrats used a caucus.  So he is comparing a Saturday caucus for an unchallenged incumbent to a Tuesday primary.

I can see the two cast members on SNL doing this conversation on Weekend Update.

Don, Jr.-"Colin, look at the turnout for my dad in Michigan...it was way higher than for Obama in 2012!"  

Colin-"To be fair though, that 2012 election was a caucus.  Eric, your thoughts?" 

Eric-"Um, is 'Caucus' that place in Russia where I didn't meet with those real estate developers?"

Don, Jr.-"Not now buddy!  Play with your slinky."  

26 minutes ago, bolverk said:

One mildly comforting thought is the hit this virus will have on all of Trump's hotel properties, which makes me wonder if that was part of his decision-making in downplaying the threat in the first place.

he's already considering a bailout for hotels

After today’s sell off which will likely be the 2nd largest or drop ever, Donald trump will have been president for 15 of the 20 largest single day point losses in Dow Jones history. (To be fair, 11 of the top 20 pt gains have also been under him).

The top 12 largest pt drops all occurred under President Trump

6 of those will be > 1000 pts and 1 of those actually being 2000.

Much like measuring offenses in units of Watsons, I say that we can start measuring Dow drops in units of Trumps.

1 Trump = 2,000 pt drop in the Dow.

In that vein, today actually isn’t so bad. We didn’t even reach a full Trump.

• Like 3

He has a chance tonight to undo a lot of the damage he’s done by just being honest about what we’re dealing with and what we’re facing. So of course he’ll play the victim while also patting himself on the back then spend most of the time on tax breaks. 

He is pushing the payroll tax thing hard. Between that essentially defunding SS (correct?) and the elder fatality rate, his dream of gutting SS/Medicaid may come true. Folks need to speak up on that one. GOP is all nyet on the Democratic bill in the Senate that offers some COVID relief for regular folks.