Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

With trump talking about payroll tax cuts, I would bet my proposed payroll tax cut that trump couldnt fully explain payroll taxes within a few minutes. He would have to describe the individual taxes involved, who pays it, and include there is a partial upper limit.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Did the HHS Secretary really spend the whole press conference talking about the economy, with no details on the coronavirus plan?  

Lemme guess, today Sec. Rick Perry will be discussing how horizontal fracturing concerns can be addressed by affordable urban housing.

Tomorrow, Doctor Ben Carson will address the national parks system and how it impacts the Department of Justice. 

Gary Coleman could host! 

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Did the HHS Secretary really spend the whole press conference talking about the economy, with no details on the coronavirus plan? 

What plan? You're looking for a fully formulated plan? They can't even figure out how to get people off a boat.

I'm a little shocked that the President, when faced with a crisis that was only partially of his own making, has manufactured a crisis as a distraction. Not that I want him to do that, but during the whole Perfect Call, Impeachment, Tax Fraud, etc he had a go to list and its troubling because the remaining nuclear option is a little extreme.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With trump talking about payroll tax cuts, I would bet my proposed payroll tax cut that trump couldnt fully explain payroll taxes within a few minutes. He would have to describe the individual taxes involved, who pays it, and include there is a partial upper limit.

He doesn't understand tariffs, either. 

yes, he does!  I'm tired of people misunderstanding when he talks about tariffs. 

He clearly knows that a tariff is what you pay a Chinese troll living under a bridge, in order to cross it, and bring your goods and wares into the next village to sell.  

Oh wait, that's a toll from the troll.  There's a Chinese pronunciation joke in here somewhere.  Anyway, he knows global trade economics, damn you! 

14 minutes ago, elfenix said:

president best deals making best deals

Trump probably asked him to do it. He thinks the cheaper the oil the better for American manufacturing. He's a simple-minded creature, not smart enough to think that what might temporarily help Michigan, will destroy TX, OK and ND.  

19 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Trump probably asked him to do it. He thinks the cheaper the oil the better for American manufacturing. He's a simple-minded creature, not smart enough to think that what might temporarily help Michigan, will destroy TX, OK and ND.  

Totally forgot which board I was on... I read this and thought "The hell? Help Texas. Fuck Michigan, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame" 

Edited by NWBuck

"all different numbers"?  Really?  Told you my maths play was a good idea. 

"A lot of people are saying there are many numbers out there, 'digits' they're calling them.  There could be as many as ten.  We don't know yet, we are looking into zero thru nine, this seven character could possibly be an illegal immigrant.  We'll know very soon.  Top people are on it, including Mike Pence.  Our concern is now though, and we'll be on top of how many different numbers there are, is that there could be an infinite combination of these ten different numbers.  We can probably contain it to a few million, but we need to make sure it doesn't grow more than that."  

-Donald "Pre-Law/Pre-Maths" Trump 

Edited by Lobo

I don't see how lowering payroll taxes is really going to help individuals. Sure, its a few more dollars in people's pocket but I can't see how there will be much economic impact.  Besides we're being told that the economy is as strong as ever so why do we need a stimulus package?

guaranteeing people jobs in emergency situations is intriguing but I'm worried its a bad precedent. If we start that, then the federal govt will start to get called in to cover lost wages whenever someone is impacted by macro events.  Hurricane indirectly cost you money, here's a years salary. dangerous road to go down.

• Like 1

I don't see how lowering payroll taxes is really going to help individuals. Sure, its a few more dollars in people's pocket but I can't see how there will be much economic impact.  Besides we're being told that the economy is as strong as ever so why do we need a stimulus package?
guaranteeing people jobs in emergency situations is intriguing but I'm worried its a bad precedent. If we start that, then the federal govt will start to get called in to cover lost wages whenever someone is impacted by macro events.  Hurricane indirectly cost you money, here's a years salary. dangerous road to go down.

It's also just stupid because you're incetivizing people to keep working through a pandemic. Which is dumb on multiple counts. The people at the most financial risk are hourly workers who could see cuts and people whose jobs are people-facing and can't really be done remotely.

The only helpful economic measures are funding for mitigation efforts and for paid leave for impacted workers. Corporate ballots and tax cuts aren't helpful, and can in fact be harmful, and are just a way to pilfer some extra cash to the ultra rich while no one's paying attention.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, RPM said:

Just because they don't take it out of your check doesn't mean you won't owe it on 4/15.

When, after five months sets in, that either we're stuck/blessed with Trump or he's dead/Biden is president.  

It will shock you how much some of this never happened.  

You only need a few tens of thousands of votes to do well in meat chicken while needing to lose hundreds of thousands of votes in texas to do poorly here. And while trumpy might cause the rednecks without paychecks to stay home, they ain't voting D like a factory worker in meat chicken otherwise would.

I'm not saying it's a winning strategy, but it's not horrible, from an electoral standpoint.

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

You only need a few tens of thousands of votes to do well in meat chicken while needing to lose hundreds of thousands of votes in texas to do poorly here. And while trumpy might cause the rednecks without paychecks to stay home, they ain't voting D like a factory worker in meat chicken otherwise would.

I'm not saying it's a winning strategy, but it's not horrible, from an electoral standpoint.

I don't disagree. 

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This tweet is going to age well ...

Of course, who am I kidding?  We all know that he's going to suspend economic reporting until after the election, right?

Edited by Gap03

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are there any fucking regulations regarding campaigning using government resources?

You're just trying to set Brisket off again, right? 

I'm sure there are, but the vacancies on the FEC ensure that there isn't a quorum, so they can't make enforcement decisions.  And we know that Barr and the DOJ aren't going to enforce any laws under its jurisdiction against Trump.  

Short version: Nothing matters, especially when it comes to our elections ...

• Like 1

It's also just stupid because you're incetivizing people to keep working through a pandemic. Which is dumb on multiple counts. The people at the most financial risk are hourly workers who could see cuts and people whose jobs are people-facing and can't really be done remotely.

The only helpful economic measures are funding for mitigation efforts and for paid leave for impacted workers. Corporate ballots and tax cuts aren't helpful, and can in fact be harmful, and are just a way to pilfer some extra cash to the ultra rich while no one's paying attention.
The problem with the economy right now isn't a lack of consumer spending. Anyone who's been in a Costco in the past week could tell you that.

It's the lack of sick leave in this country
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

one car per family?? wtf is he even taking about...

I am pretty sure that is a typo and what he meant to say was:

"Remember also, no more than one CAT per family."

Because those little ladies that have 6 or 7 cats might accidentally vote for a Democrat so he wanted to make sure he got their votes.