Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

49 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

Markets are closing and I have to say I'm in a bit of shock looking at that 21,200 beside the DJI.  For the most part I have been more worried about the actual coronavirus and wanting everyone to be safe.  Definitely hoping my mom or in-laws don't end up with it.  Though this market drop is staring to make me more depressed than anything else.  I hope we find the bottom soon.  Though with how the orange turd is handling all of this, that may be wishful thinking.  

Well, Dotard's  fine and insulating his wealth further.   I think the House should impeach again right about now just to see if Trump is combustible. 

Edited by Mdhorn

Basically, if we re-elect him this fall, we are admitting we have a collective death wish.
I won't say it's impossible, but at this point I think his retardery is now well established on all but the most retarded 30% of deplorables.

so here's a stupid question, sorry if it's been asked already - but how is "trump not getting tested" not a bigger story right now?

the american president is an institution.  and even though most of us downright loathe the orange buffoon in the oval office, we all just kinda assume that the protocol is and should stay the same from president to president.  so this is an elected position, where just the threat of a nuclear attack will crash the oval office, sending several men to literally drag the president to a non-disclosed bunker where he's safe.  this is for the country and for the world.

security around him is like nothing else, at least nothing else in america.  there are secret service agents who have never met him but who have sworn an oath to get between him and a bullet that might wound or kill him.  there's apparently a full er-style operating room somewhere in the white house.  every time he speaks or goes in for a physical, it has the potential to be a world-market event.

and here we have a rapidly and easily spread virus that has already killed thousands around the world, and adversely affects people who match our president's exact situation - he's over 70, he's overweight, he's out of shape.  who knows if he has diabetes, heart issues, other organ issues, because we never get his physicals.  he's a spot-on swipe-right match for coronavirus.

if the president was a beloved figure, a hero, a role model, people all over the country would be demanding he stop all public appearances and get tested twice a day just to keep him safe.  but he isn't, so we don't.  he's still shaking hands and posing for twitter pictures with foreign leaders like it's nothing.  attending conferences, meetings, scheduling rallies.  yeah yeah, i know he's downplaying it for obvious reasons.  but it shouldn't be up to him.

this fucking timeline, i swear to god.

colin jost trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1

I was thinking along similar lines this morning.  Were this any previous President, at least during my lifetime, he would be getting tested almost daily, even over his protestations.

But Trump has created a culture of intimidation and I don't think anyone wants to cross him.  I don't actually BELIEVE he hasn't been tested, but know for sure he wants to control the message.  We'll never know, unless someone leaks.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was thinking along similar lines this morning.  Were this any previous President, at least during my lifetime, he would be getting tested almost daily, even over his protestations.

But Trump has created a culture of intimidation and I don't think anyone wants to cross him.  I don't actually BELIEVE he hasn't been tested, but know for sure he wants to control the message.  We'll never know, unless someone leaks.

yeah, this is kinda where i am on it.  although you would think the more powerful move (for a guy who lies all the time anyway) would be to say, "i have the finest doctors in the world and they've tested me several times, i don't have it, i'm perfectly healthy.  it'll take a lot more than a virus to take me down, don't you worry, america."  shit, that's what i'd say.  that's what i would write in a script for a character like this to say even if he hadn't been tested at all and refused to in private.

• Like 1

Fuck trump. He’s the biggest idiot who ever lived and he’s our fucking president in charge of one of the greatest tests we’ve ever faced. 

He is a complete dipshit and will get a lot of people killed. And trumpkins will cheer. If he gets the virus that will only be poetic justice. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so here's a stupid question, sorry if it's been asked already - but how is "trump not getting tested" not a bigger story right now?

the american president is an institution.  and even though most of us downright loathe the orange buffoon in the oval office, we all just kinda assume that the protocol is and should stay the same from president to president.  so this is an elected position, where just the threat of a nuclear attack will crash the oval office, sending several men to literally drag the president to a non-disclosed bunker where he's safe.  this is for the country and for the world.

security around him is like nothing else, at least nothing else in america.  there are secret service agents who have never met him but who have sworn an oath to get between him and a bullet that might wound or kill him.  there's apparently a full er-style operating room somewhere in the white house.  every time he speaks or goes in for a physical, it has the potential to be a world-market event.

and here we have a rapidly and easily spread virus that has already killed thousands around the world, and adversely affects people who match our president's exact situation - he's over 70, he's overweight, he's out of shape.  who knows if he has diabetes, heart issues, other organ issues, because we never get his physicals.  he's a spot-on swipe-right match for coronavirus.

if the president was a beloved figure, a hero, a role model, people all over the country would be demanding he stop all public appearances and get tested twice a day just to keep him safe.  but he isn't, so we don't.  he's still shaking hands and posing for twitter pictures with foreign leaders like it's nothing.  attending conferences, meetings, scheduling rallies.  yeah yeah, i know he's downplaying it for obvious reasons.  but it shouldn't be up to him.

this fucking timeline, i swear to god.

colin jost trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

he's a known germaphobe, so there an almost 0% chance he hasn't been tested. My guess is he tested positive and doesn't want to admit it (and to be real, if he did, we would see markets crash even more and we'd probably get attacked). As someone else pointed out, we'll know soon enough whether he has it and whether he can survive it.

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I hope all you idiotic fucking morons who voted for Trump because "he's a businessman so he'll be good for the stock market" are happy.  Stupid shits.

While at Christmas with my redneck South Arky in laws, they proudly declared their Trump loyalty solely because of their 401k's.  (They're people aren't exactly high end.)

Wonder what their 401k looks like now.

jennifer-aniston-curly-hair-smirk-gif.gi

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How are Trump’s approval numbers holding up?

If they aren't, it's the Democrats' fault for not supporting the president in a time of crisis. It's sad that things have be come so partisan that even in the face of a truly global emergency, the left hates Trump so much they won't help him keep the American people safe.

6 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

If DOTARD come down with covid19, and especially if he ends up in an ICU, I will have to extensively reevaluate my agnostic beliefs.  

Come on, now - you gotta dream bigger.  As I've said before, there are so many miserable old fucks in the R party, if there is a god, he's gonna have to knock off a handful of them (including AT LEAST Trump and McConnell) to prove himself to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ndawg said:

Also, the same goes for people that wanted to throw a grenade into the system to blow it up.

Yep, all those people clamoring for an OUTSIDER, that’s what would fix everything.  Or the pussies who wont pick a side and vote for morons like Gary Johnson.   Everyone in those groups are grade a dumbasses.  Fuck them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

yeah, but this was somehow done in America's best interest.  Republicans have already stated this when treason was in the best interest of Americans.  The only thing he could do for the best interest of Americans would be to stroke out.  

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I have always disliked Salon.  That story has some amusing/depressing anecdotes from the idiocracy, but offers a solitary quote from an unnamed Bush aide to support it's premise/title.

It may be true, but that article comes nowhere close to supporting it.  Salon is like fox news for the left.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 hours ago, ndawg said:

If they aren't, it's the Democrats' fault for not supporting the president in a time of crisis. It's sad that things have be come so partisan that even in the face of a truly global emergency, the left hates Trump so much they won't help him keep the American people safe.

You've never understood why people start laughing after you speak, have you? 

Hey [mention=1619]markstanco[/mention] you’re getting a big tax cut!
This may wreck your evening, but we hired 2 new people 3 weeks ago and another Monday for the factory and warehouse. I understand you and your friends want failure so bad in america that you can taste it, but we are fairly diversified in our markets.