Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

how anyone, with half a brain, can support this idiot is beyond me. he's fucked up everything he's touched. anything out of his mouth is a lie. he has the mental capacity of a 12 yo. he has no economic policy, fucked up a great run. he's made the US the laughing stock of the world. 

white supremacist and closet white supremacist still love him. lock up those little brown invaders !!!!

• Like 7

How convenient.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/12/trump-coronavirus-travel-europe-resorts-126808

President Donald Trump’s new European travel restrictions have a convenient side effect: They exempt nations where three Trump-owned golf resorts are located.

Trump is already under fire for visiting his properties in both countries as president, leading to U.S. taxpayer money being spent at his own firms. The president has been saddled with lawsuits and investigations throughout his term alleging that he’s violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause by accepting taxpayer money other than his salary.

The U.S. government proclamation initiating the ban targets 26 European countries that comprise a visa-free travel zone known as the Schengen Area. 

The United Kingdom, which is home to Trump Turnberry and Trump International Golf Links, and Ireland, which is home to another Trump-branded hotel and golf course at Doonbeg, do not participate in the Schengen Area. Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania are also not part of the Schengen Area. All three of the resorts are struggling financially.

Spoiler

The administration’s European travel proclamation notes that “the Schengen Area has exported 201 COVID-19 cases to 53 countries. Moreover, the free flow of people between the Schengen Area countries makes the task of managing the spread of the virus difficult.”

Trump’s European travel ban comes with several other loopholes. 

There are now 460 confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.K., including Nadine Dorries, the British government’s own health minister in charge of patient safety. Wednesday saw the biggest rise in U.K. cases in a single day, and the country’s highest-level crisis committee — known as Cobra — will meet Thursday to consider additional moves to reduce the impact of the virus.

Though they are subject to border checks on arrival, residents of the 26 Schengen Area countries are also free to live and work in the United Kingdom, meaning they could fly to the United States from a British airport as long as they hadn't spent time within the Schengen countries in the last 14 days. 

EU leaders condemned Trump's move on Thursday, and disputed the president's criticism of Europe's handling of the crisis.

“The Coronavirus is a global crisis, not limited to any continent and it requires cooperation rather than unilateral action,” European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and European Council President Charles Michel said in a joint statement.

“The European Union disapproves of the fact that the U.S. decision to impose a travel ban was taken unilaterally and without consultation,” they said, adding that the bloc was “taking strong action to limit the spread of the virus.”

Last night Trump again demonstrated that he can not grasp any complex issues much less read from a teleprompter. It’s been assumed by some that he needs glasses but won’t wear them for vanity reasons.

i imagine trump cannot comprehend all of the issues involved or how they intersect. But I imagine he can’t just rely on the experts and he doesn’t have a competent chief of staff, so he interjects. Potentially he saw UK and Ireland on the restrictions, and crossed them out because trump golf courses.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Last night Trump again demonstrated that he can not grasp any complex issues much less read from a teleprompter. It’s been assumed by some that he needs glasses but won’t wear them for vanity reasons.

i imagine trump cannot comprehend all of the issues involved or how they intersect. But I imagine he can’t just rely on the experts and he doesn’t have a competent chief of staff, so he interjects. Potentially he saw UK and Ireland on the restrictions, and crossed them out because trump golf courses.

He is also meeting with the PM of Ireland today and it would have been hella awkward.

I didn’t realize until now that trump wants to take payroll taxes to zero for the remainder of the year.

i dont see the rationale on why this is needed. We shouldn’t create employment tax policy in an attempt to raise stock prices. The 2 are separate. The real employment crisis facing Americans is potential loss of jobs due to COVID.  Payroll tax reductions won’t help those families. I don’t know the solution because I’m uncertain if the govt can fully replicate lost salaries without massive printing of money.

a President has to worry about the stock market but it can’t be the driving force of all policy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Just to be ultra-realistic, any form of health care rationing in a potentially life-threatening situation constitutes a "death panel."  Insurance companies, doctors, and hospitals have been doing it for decades, really since the beginning of medicine.

We actually don't do it enough with respect to end-of-life care.

The notion of "death panels" is one of the most hysterical bits of nonsense that has come down the pike in a long time.

If the healthcare system gets overrun, there are going to be some brutal decisions made, most likely, and I'm not sure having insurance or a shitpile of money is going to immunize you from them.

Skip this is you are not in the mood for really dark speculation. 

I think Americans are going to get reacquainted with death on a more personal level.  This is not going to be people passing away quietly in private rooms or old folks home.  A lot of Americans will die in their homes with little medical assistance.  For those who are admitted to hospitals, they are going to be treated in large, combined rooms, and the survivors will have watched several people die around them, until they are deemed well enough to go home for self-treatment. When Trump was elected, I felt like we were rolling back the clock decades on several things like treatment of immigrants.  The medical experience we go through is going to be something like the 1930s.  

Has it been pointed out how amazing it is that Trump is going to be campaigning for re-election with the slogan “Keep America Great” while the stock market crashes, GDP grinds to a halt, unemployment skyrockets, and our healthcare system implodes while people die from a deadly virus Trump warned was less dangerous than the flu?

we are in a simulation.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Has it been pointed out how amazing it is that Trump is going to be campaigning for re-election with the slogan “Keep America Great” while the stock market crashes, GDP grinds to a halt, unemployment skyrockets, and our healthcare system implodes while people die from a deadly virus Trump warned was less dangerous than the flu?

we are in a simulation.

Sir, it sounds like you’re tired of winning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thrawn said:

As I type this, DJIA -2,080.00

Trumpie, you're doing a heck of a job!

We all need to start calling it exactly what this is: the Trump Crash.  

He didn’t start the coronavirus outbreak, but his moronic, scatterbrained “response” has amplified its impact 10-fold.  Market futures tanked during his uninspiring, transparently dishonest, and uninformed speech last night.  The market is reacting not so much to coronavirus itself; it’s freaking out because our president is an incompetent boob.  Everything he touches turns to shit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I didn’t realize until now that trump wants to take payroll taxes to zero for the remainder of the year.

i dont see the rationale on why this is needed. We shouldn’t create employment tax policy in an attempt to raise stock prices. The 2 are separate. The real employment crisis facing Americans is potential loss of jobs due to COVID.  Payroll tax reductions won’t help those families. I don’t know the solution because I’m uncertain if the govt can fully replicate lost salaries without massive printing of money.

a President has to worry about the stock market but it can’t be the driving force of all policy.

what have you been doing the last 3 years?

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so is it adderall that makes these motherfuckers hiss? Stone was doing the same thing. Smacking his gums. Sticking his tongue in the air like a lizard. Seriously, what are these cretins on that make them twitch like that?

They are lizard people.  I don't mean in the take-over-the-world sense.  In the sense that their brains are reptilian.

Edited by Biff Tannen
plurals

more patting himself on the back about closing borders early, currently from the oval. also just lied about tests and total deaths. 

said he opposed dem bill because “it’s not the way for them to get a bunch of goodies they’ve been unable to get over the past 25 years.”

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

more patting himself on the back about closing borders early, currently from the oval. also just lied about tests and total deaths. 

said he opposed dem bill because “it’s not the way for them to get a bunch of goodies they’ve been unable to get over the past 25 years.”

Santa got me a respirator!

23 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Damn, Trump trying to speed up Texas turning blue.

Where the fuck are people going to be driving to, dumbass? (Trump, not Chuckie.) Everything is gonna be shut down. I ain’t driving to work starting Monday. Gonna work from home. I ain’t driving to visit relatives in Austin or Houston. I’m not driving to the AAC for sports or concerts. I’m staying home. So yeah, great. Cheap gas for a car I don’t plan on driving much except within a 2 mile radius for supplies.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thrawn said:

As I type this, DJIA -2,080.00

Trumpie, you're doing a heck of a job!

That’s a full trump! (1 Trump = 2000 pt drop in Dow)
Damn.

Those only come around like 1 once or twice in a generat..... week.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dear Midland, Texas

"What I can tell you is that oil prices are at a point now that I would've dreamed about because the gasoline prices are gonna be coming way down.  Way down.  That's like a big tax cut not a little tax cut a big tax cut so there's something about that that I like.  Thank you very much everybody, thank you.  Thank you." -- Donald J. Trump 03-12-20

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Don’t hurt your arm patting yourself on the back, Donnie. 

ARGHRGRHGRHRHRRGRRHRHRGRGRRHGRGRGRGRHRGRGRGRGRRG - WE HAVEN"T FUCKING TESTED ANYONE!!!!!!!!

Shit is going to get very very bad.  It has already spread to every corner of this country and our leadership has no clue what to do other than lie.

4 hours ago, Tuco said:

Skip this is you are not in the mood for really dark speculation. 

I think Americans are going to get reacquainted with death on a more personal level.  This is not going to be people passing away quietly in private rooms or old folks home.  A lot of Americans will die in their homes with little medical assistance.  For those who are admitted to hospitals, they are going to be treated in large, combined rooms, and the survivors will have watched several people die around them, until they are deemed well enough to go home for self-treatment. When Trump was elected, I felt like we were rolling back the clock decades on several things like treatment of immigrants.  The medical experience we go through is going to be something like the 1930s.  

Agreed. Americans have lived in a bubble for a long long time regarding anything like this at scale. It's what has hurt our response to this whole fiasco and why a lot of people thought we could shoulder a person like Trump to shake up the system. Then reality hits and we are so ill prepared at an infrastructure and psychological level to comprehend what is about to hit us. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

After last night's speech, the Cabinet should really think about handing the Presidency to Pence. 

Does Pence have the votes of cabinet members Bret Michaels, Jose Canseco, and Meat Loaf?

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

we are in a simulation.

I prefer to think parallel universe and at any second, I'll snap out of this one into the sane one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

ARGHRGRHGRHRHRRGRRHRHRGRGRRHGRGRGRGRHRGRGRGRGRRG - WE HAVEN"T FUCKING TESTED ANYONE!!!!!!!!

Shit is going to get very very bad.  It has already spread to every corner of this country and our leadership has no clue what to do other than lie.

If you don't test anyone the number of confirmed cases stays low. 

[Man pointing at head.gif]

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

we are in a simulation.

What will be amazing will be the number of votes he receives.

• Like 2

Markets are closing and I have to say I'm in a bit of shock looking at that 21,200 beside the DJI.  For the most part I have been more worried about the actual coronavirus and wanting everyone to be safe.  Definitely hoping my mom or in-laws don't end up with it.  Though this market drop is staring to make me more depressed than anything else.  I hope we find the bottom soon.  Though with how the orange turd is handling all of this, that may be wishful thinking.