Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

It’s “The Bell” playbook from the last days of the Third Reich.  Continue to fight for me until the end and i shall deliver to you a secret super weapon that will save us at the last moment.  Stephen Miller’s idea actually and I’n starting to think he’s setting a stage for an even bleaker Autumn so that Trump’s promises of saving us at the last minute from all of this if we re/elect him will look even more appealing.  

im really starting to worry that this is gonna work. 

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I've seen that on message boards along with the "Democrats are the slavery Party." Do people that post that kind of thought truly believe it in earnest? I assumed (perhaps mistakenly) that they were being deliberately contrarian/trollish.

Heck I've seen them claim the civil rights act of 1964 was a republican initiative.

18 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

If he were that cool, he and Laura Petrie wouldn't have had separate beds.

To quote a girl I once knew explaining to her friend why there were two doubles in a hotel room, “of course we’re sleeping together. The other one is the sticky bed.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It’s “The Bell” playbook from the last days of the Third Reich.  Continue to fight for me until the end and i shall deliver to you a secret super weapon that will save us at the last moment.  Stephen Miller’s idea actually and I’n starting to think he’s setting a stage for an even bleaker Autumn so that Trump’s promises of saving us at the last minute from all of this if we re/elect him will look even more appealing.  

Can you expound upon this? I'm not familiar with it and would appreciate learning more as well as what you might speculate towards Miller's strategy.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Look on the bright side, either:

1) it works, and we're all doomed because there's no way the Republic survives four more years of this (fuck, I have my doubts that we survive the next 6 months), or

2) it doesn't work, but they make things so awful and bleak that in the end, we're just arguing about the best way to preserve the biggest chunks of rubble.

tenor.gif?itemid=7397921

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Can you expound upon this? I'm not familiar with it and would appreciate learning more as well as what you might speculate towards Miller's strategy.

Die Gloche, German for “the Bell”.   Lots of theories as to whether or not it was ever even being developed (unlike the jet propulsion aircraft the Reich was very close to begin delivering during the Allied assault on the Reich.  Die Gloche was more of a Movie McGuffin.  It was purposely vague so that some Germans thought it to be a massive bomb, space based weaponry, or even an anti-matter device capable of sucking entire Soviet divisions out of our dimension.  

The point was to inspire the German people who were suffering on multiple fronts from multiple enemies.  to take up arms for their Fuhrer and support and  fight for him until the bitter end.  And if they did that, he would deliver this special secret weapon that would save them in their final hour.  This included sacrificing citizens over 60 and children as young as 10.  That strategy to serve the leader may sound eerily familiar to the open schools back conversation.  

miller’s new idea is to replicate the Bell.  In September, Trump will begin touting a new comprehensive plan that involves eradicating COVID-19  by scientific means, saving our economy, saving our cities/suburbs, increasing our world presence, etc.   but for it to work, he’ll need your vote and for you to fight with him until Winter 2021.  Then, and only then, can the full plan and victory be revealed.  

I had a longer explanation on another thread a couple weeks ago; with more about Miller’s architecting of the Bell plan.  Ill find it.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Even at the time, it was clear to me that while this show was setting Archie Bunker up for ridicule with one segment of the people, a very large segment was also embracing him. So many dads in my upper middle class neighborhood had posters of Archie Bunker over their wetbars. They'd deny the racism (unconvincingly) and embrace Bunker's disposition towards just about anything else.

I never liked the show. I didn't like the other Norman Lear stuff either, but this show bothered me. I never liked the format either.

just because people mistake the intent of the art is not a great reason to not admire it.

people quote colonel nathan r jessup all the time. he was the fucking villain in the movie!

people quote billy batts to shut people down. he ended up beaten half to death, then stabbed in the trunk of a car before being buried in a shallow grave, then exhumed and buried elsewhere!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Die Gloche, German for “the Bell”.   Lots of theories as to whether or not it was ever even being developed (unlike the jet propulsion aircraft the Reich was very close to begin delivering during the Allied assault on the Reich.  Die Gloche was more of a Movie McGuffin.  It was purposely vague so that some Germans thought it to be a massive bomb, space based weaponry, or even an anti-matter device capable of sucking entire Soviet divisions out of our dimension.  

The point was to inspire the German people who were suffering on multiple fronts from multiple enemies.  to take up arms for their Fuhrer and support and  fight for him until the bitter end.  And if they did that, he would deliver this special secret weapon that would save them in their final hour.  This included sacrificing citizens over 60 and children as young as 10.  That strategy to serve the leader may sound eerily familiar to the open schools back conversation.  

miller’s new idea is to replicate the Bell.  In September, Trump will begin touting a new comprehensive plan that involves eradicating COVID-19  by scientific means, saving our economy, saving our cities/suburbs, increasing our world presence, etc.   but for it to work, he’ll need your vote and for you to fight with him until Winter 2021.  Then, and only then, can the full plan and victory be revealed.  

I had a longer explanation on another thread a couple weeks ago; with more about Miller’s architecting of the Bell plan.  Ill find it.  

Isn’t that essentially what Bill Clements did with his “secret economic plan” in the 80’s?

Maybe, but I don't think Gov. Clements dog whistled for people to actually, physically defend the nation/heritage/the president/etc.  

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not sure how this would even work, considering there was no citizenship question on the census.

it's not about it actually working, it's just another racist dog whistle. he makes the statement, and the base gets that dopamine rush, and that's all that matters. it really is an addiction of self-satisfaction at this point.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

saving our cities/suburbs

Given some of what was reported out of Portland, this gives me pause. ICE is continuing with its proposal to have Citizens Academies in Chicago this fall. It's getting some pushback from local leaders, but I believe two trains are heading toward each other at a great speed.

Letter:

Spoiler

Enforcement and Removal OperationsChicago Field OfficeU.S. Department of Homeland Security101 W Ida B. Wells Drive, Suite 4000 Chicago, IL 60605www.ice.gov

To whom it may concern:

You have been identified as a valued member of the community who may have interest in participating in the inaugural class of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Chicago Citizens Academy. The ERO Citizens Academy (ECA) is an interactive 6-day program, occurring one day a week over 6 weeks. This first of its kind, the Chicago ECA will serve as a pilot for nationwide implementation. During the ECA, participants will gain insight into the many facets and responsibilities of ICE/ERO operations, and hopefully an awareness and appreciation of the issues our officers face every day in the performance of their duties. We also want to learn from you, our key stakeholders, so I look forward to your participation. Your valued participation will build a strong foundation of knowledge for those intrigued by the ERO mission. The curriculum includes an introduction to ERO Chicago staff, mapping the lifecycle of a subject through ERO, including the role of the Office of Principal Legal Advisor (OPLA). Attendees will participate in scenario-based training and exercises conducted in a safe and positive environment, including, but not limited to defensive tactics, firearms familiarization, and targeted arrests. The ECA will be held every Tuesday from 2 – 6 p.m.; it will commence on Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020, and conclude on Tuesday, October 20, 2020. The ECA will be held at the Chicago Field Office; 101 W Ida B. Wells Parkway, Suite 4000, Chicago, IL., as well as other locations in the area based on the learning objectives. After completion of the ECA, a graduation ceremony will be held on Friday, Oct. 23, 2020; graduates will be awarded a certificate and a commemorative coin. Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) may be available upon request.

Your personal health and safety are our priority. Participants will be issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and we will adhere to social distancing guidelines. ERO is working closely with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and other federal, state, and local agencies to facilitate a speedy, whole-of-government response in confronting Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), keeping everyone safe, and helping detect and slow the spread of the virus.

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, a worthy thread diversion.....Laura Petrie....

Mary%252520Tyler%252520Moore16_thumb.jpg

kUv3DJVrdsaPK.gif

Sign.  Me.  Up.

Her first regular television role was as a mysterious and glamorous telephone receptionist in Richard Diamond, Private Detective. In the show her voice was heard but only her legs appeared on camera, adding to the character's mystique.

sexy-leggy-mary-tyler-moore-picture_1_b9

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Isn’t that essentially what Bill Clements did with his “secret economic plan” in the 80’s?

I was in high school.  While I leaned Republican at that time, it was my first experience with seeing utterly stupid voters, and I was blown away.  I remember hearing that, and seeing people buy it, and saying out loud "wait....you people know that when a politician says he has a "secret plan" to do something, he doesn't have a plan, right?"  And it fell on deaf ears.  And so I worked on my first political campaign ever, Mark White's campaign that year.*

* I may or may not have been influenced by the fact that a certain curvaceous soccer player who I was trying to close the deal with was also working for his campaign, and it gave me a chance to hang out with her at the campaign offices.**

** It worked.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

4D chess, folks. 

I'm gonna need to see some kind of flowchart on when America is great and when it isn't. Although I guess the only important part is the Vice President saying it's not great right now after 3.5 years of Trump. 

Just now, Red Five said:

I'm gonna need to see some kind of flowchart on when America is great and when it isn't. Although I guess the only important part is the Vice President saying it's not great right now after 3.5 years of Trump. 

It's pretty easy.  Are you in the presence of or in uncomfortably close proximity to a dirty minority?  At that moment, America is not great, and we need to take it back, and put America FIRST!  Alternatively, are you in an all-white area or situation, where everyone around you supports the regime without hesitation or embarrassment?  Congratulations, America is great!

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's pretty easy.  Are you in the presence of or in uncomfortably close proximity to a dirty minority?  At that moment, America is not great, and we need to take it back, and put America FIRST!  Alternatively, are you in an all-white area or situation, where everyone around you supports the regime without hesitation or embarrassment?  Congratulations, America is great!

Pretty much this. It really does feel like this is all a giant social experiment sometimes. A cartoon or a simulation. 

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Ahoy, polloi!

Wait....is "number of boat parades" the metric for how popular a president is?  I was made unaware of this metric.  This is troubling.

I mean, Biden is also utterly failing in the metrics of "racist old people in golf carts waving his flags," and "torch-carrying white supremacist rallies chanting his name."  Fuck, man, game over.....GAME OVER!

tenor.gif?itemid=7882639

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

1. he can’t do that 

2. He’s dumb 

3. on a serious note, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ANY generation Americans who ain't lily white better get out and vote because they’re very high on miller’s to do list 

FIF the evil truth.

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Team MTM:

828 Best Female Figurative Sculpture images in 2020 | Figurative ...

Well, there's one statue in Minneapolis that survived the riots.  Maybe Trump can take credit for saving that one.  

42 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

just because people mistake the intent of the art is not a great reason to not admire it.

people quote colonel nathan r jessup all the time. he was the fucking villain in the movie!

people quote billy batts to shut people down. he ended up beaten half to death, then stabbed in the trunk of a car before being buried in a shallow grave, then exhumed and buried elsewhere!

I agree. I didn't mean to suggest that.

I didn't like the show because I didn't like the look of those three camera comedies. They looked like soap operas. I didn't hate Archie Bunker; the spiel became repetitious pretty quickly. I didn't think it was funny but not because I was offended. I wasn't. I knew the intent of the creators. 

It's like not liking a movie everyone else does. I don't say it's necessarily a bad movie. It's just not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Given some of what was reported out of Portland, this gives me pause. ICE is continuing with its proposal to have Citizens Academies in Chicago this fall. It's getting some pushback from local leaders, but I believe two trains are heading toward each other at a great speed.

Letter:

Reveal hidden contents

Enforcement and Removal OperationsChicago Field OfficeU.S. Department of Homeland Security101 W Ida B. Wells Drive, Suite 4000 Chicago, IL 60605www.ice.gov

To whom it may concern:

You have been identified as a valued member of the community who may have interest in participating in the inaugural class of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Chicago Citizens Academy. The ERO Citizens Academy (ECA) is an interactive 6-day program, occurring one day a week over 6 weeks. This first of its kind, the Chicago ECA will serve as a pilot for nationwide implementation. During the ECA, participants will gain insight into the many facets and responsibilities of ICE/ERO operations, and hopefully an awareness and appreciation of the issues our officers face every day in the performance of their duties. We also want to learn from you, our key stakeholders, so I look forward to your participation. Your valued participation will build a strong foundation of knowledge for those intrigued by the ERO mission. The curriculum includes an introduction to ERO Chicago staff, mapping the lifecycle of a subject through ERO, including the role of the Office of Principal Legal Advisor (OPLA). Attendees will participate in scenario-based training and exercises conducted in a safe and positive environment, including, but not limited to defensive tactics, firearms familiarization, and targeted arrests. The ECA will be held every Tuesday from 2 – 6 p.m.; it will commence on Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020, and conclude on Tuesday, October 20, 2020. The ECA will be held at the Chicago Field Office; 101 W Ida B. Wells Parkway, Suite 4000, Chicago, IL., as well as other locations in the area based on the learning objectives. After completion of the ECA, a graduation ceremony will be held on Friday, Oct. 23, 2020; graduates will be awarded a certificate and a commemorative coin. Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) may be available upon request.

Your personal health and safety are our priority. Participants will be issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and we will adhere to social distancing guidelines. ERO is working closely with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and other federal, state, and local agencies to facilitate a speedy, whole-of-government response in confronting Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), keeping everyone safe, and helping detect and slow the spread of the virus.

This has such a fucking "brown shirts" vibe to it and makes me feel like they're actually trying build some organized movement for the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

This has such a fucking "brown shirts" vibe to it and makes me feel like they're actually trying build some organized movement for the future.

"Makes you feel like?"  Dude.  It's EXACTLY what they are doing - creating an ARMED (read the listing) deputized group of "immigration enforcers."  They're brownshirts.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"Makes you feel like?"  Dude.  It's EXACTLY what they are doing - creating an ARMED (read the listing) deputized group of "immigration enforcers."  They're brownshirts.

Yeah, that came out real wishy-washy like.

24 minutes ago, bolverk said:

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

FWIW, Snopes says not so fast.

What's True

ICE is setting up a Citizens Academy they say will allow the agency to engage with civilians and "debunk" misconceptions about ICE. The academy will conduct scenario-based training on "defensive tactics, firearms familiarization, and targeted arrests" in Chicago so residents can see how ICE agents do their work.

What's False

However, the agency's descriptions of the program do not say ICE will train members of the public to carry out arrests themselves, and ICE has explicitly denied activists' claims to that effect.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

FWIW, Snopes says not so fast.

tenor.gif

Come on, man.  The chances of these "trainees" doing EXACTLY what we see - going out to perform citizen's interrogations and arrests?  Is there a percentage higher than 100%?  Fuck, they area ALREADY DOING IT -- see the numerous videos of Trumpkins demanding us evil beaner types "show me your papers."  It's ALREADY happening.  Now, the regime is going to create "Citizen ICE Liaisons" or whatever the fuck they'll call them, and they are going to be let loose with a goddamned green light to be brownshirts.  Again, IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING.  This just formalizes it.

• Like 3