Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Yuk said:

It's a dog whistle targeted at "white flight" people.  Biden supports affordable housing initiatives and in response Trump starts talking about canceling the suburbs.

It's more than that - it's a dog whistle for scared baby boomers in inner-ring suburbs who hate condos and new construction and bike lanes. Think Allendale and Crestview in Austin. 

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yep, they've been brewing this one. Basically they are going to take Nextdoor style NIMBYism national. They've detected that the resentment of older residents in established neighborhoods towards things like rezoning for more housing is a potential wedge issue, so they are going to reframe it an abolition of single family homes to force everyone into Soviet Style apartment blocks. 
You know the failed attempts at a modest code revision here in Austin? Here's how they spin it:

billy madison idiot GIF

• Fuck You 1

Jesus Christ.

Jesus H. Christ.

Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ 

Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ Jesus H. Christ 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus Christ.

Jesus H. Christ.

Yeeeesssss, my child?

But, seriously, Jesus H. Christ.

I'm visualizing trump in a pick-up truck full of books written about him that he doesn't like, barreling down the highway, while the Press is in hot pursuit trying to catch him.  Ivanka and Jerod are in the back of the truck, throwing books down on the highway to try and divert their pursuit.  

This idiot is throwing any and everything at the wall...well, because that's all he can do, looking for a fix that, well, just isn't there.

• Like 1

It's funny but this morning I was thinking how fucked up this country is and everything else in the world and then I realized what I really need is a good old fashioned incandescent light bulb not those LED light bulbs that are destroying my life.  LED light bulbs are new and scary.  I sure am glad Trump brought those old light bulbs back since it has changed my life for the better and now I will be voting for him.  Is that what this fucking retard really believes people are thinking?  Oh, and don't get me started on the Great Shower Head Conspiracy of 2020.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

If they really wanted to prove the point, they should take the catalytic converter off the red truck.  Put one set of people in an enclosed room with the blue truck for 20 minutes.  Another set in an enclosed room with the red truck for 20 minutes.  Then see who likes emissions regulations better.

Cheesy.

9 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Just imagining some mouth breathing Trump idiot visiting a home, looking at the LED lights, and under their breath muttering "fuckin liberals".

My husband rewired our kitchen lights to be all LED. Those things are great. I can see so much better now when I cook and clean.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

You inadvertently bring up a good point.  Which agency/entity/center does Trump use after November to claim that Biden got foreign interference which he used to defeat Trump?  He's going to claim mail-in fraud, ID fraud, manipulation with voting machines, errors in reporting mechanism, etc.  Nobody's going to believe a list of 100 "dirty" octogenerian polling place volunteers engaged in a covert, nationwide conspiracy to undermine Trump.  I mean, his people would believe it but they don't have the patient diligence to uncover all of it.  

He's going to need an established and trusted institution in his government arsenal that will say, "Yes, we have evidence of fraud on the part of both U.S. citizens/political parties and also on the part of foreign nationals who would like to disrupt our proud heritage of Democracy."  He's undermined the intelligence community so much, it'd he hard to make that stick.  This would typically fall under the purview of the FBI, but he's thrown them under the bus so many times, his supporters may not bite on it.  The governors of some of these swing states don't really like him very much after he's thrown them under the bus so many times.  So who do you get to verify your audacious claims in AZ, MI, WI, FL, NC, PA?  Do you stay federal or go with their Attorneys General?  You have to have one other entity go along with you for the ruse to work.  Anyway Trumpers, this is your assignment for the long weekend.  Chose which agency or legal official(s) you use to justify your claims of election fraud.  

The postal service, oh yeah he wants to shut them down.  He loves UPS.

trump-ups-1200.jpg?itok=UWv5FSFV

39 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It's funny but this morning I was thinking how fucked up this country is and everything else in the world and then I realized what I really need is a good old fashioned incandescent light bulb not those LED light bulbs that are destroying my life.  LED light bulbs are new and scary.  I sure am glad Trump brought those old light bulbs back since it has changed my life for the better and now I will be voting for him.  Is that what this fucking retard really believes people are thinking?  Oh, and don't get me started on the Great Shower Head Conspiracy of 2020.

EasySoftKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Science is against God. Science says we descended from monkeys. Science says the Earth isn't at the center of the universe. Science is uppity smart guys.

Dr. Fauci is a scientist and he's always wrong. Scientists don't even realize that wearing a mask makes you breathe in all of your own exhaust. 

Science is stupid.

bc2e1ae2ebcd897be050e27dae890cae.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm late to the party, folks.  This is two hours old; what did our esteemed President pontificate about today?

Well he talked about shower heads and dishwashers. Those are two things no one contemplates or thinks about. So 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by SubliminalHorn
Clarity
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm late to the party, folks.  This is two hours old; what did our esteemed President pontificate about today?

Well I hadn’t thought about how I could take a free shower outside in the rain thanks to the Trump administration, but now that I know that I’m going to shut off my water services to own the suburbs I live in. Check mate libs!

31 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Traveling snake oil salesman. "Ladies and gentlemen, in the back of this here wagon, I have the answer to all your prayers..."

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This happens to me about once every couple of weeks. It’s a very surreal few minutes, then I fade back into the simulation. 

Same here, I occasionally experience it. It's an overwhelming sense of surrealism. Shit is so absurd with Trump it occasionally blows my mind as if I was tripping.

It's like I am living in a Zen Riddle.

37 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Previewing the summer sweeps season.

Next week on FOX/OAN. Two Part Season Premiere:

Part I: Destroying the Suburbs

Part II: The Derelict Mayor of Chicago 

Trump is All Eyez on Me.

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

Same here, I occasionally experience it. It's an overwhelming sense of surrealism. Shit is so absurd with Trump it occasionally blows my mind as if I was tripping.

It's like I am living in a Zen Riddle.

Hey!  Watch out or the space force will swoop down and take you away!

If I'm a writer of some renown, and I want to make a point about the consequences of Donald Trump's abject failure in handling the coronavirus pandemic, I'm pretty sure I don't go with the "Donald Trump cost us college football" angle.  

For fuck's sake, Forde.  Just shut up for once.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If I'm a writer of some renown, and I want to make a point about the consequences of Donald Trump's abject failure in handling the coronavirus pandemic, I'm pretty sure I don't go with the "Donald Trump cost us college football" angle.  

No way, fuck that. Half of the Clemson board needs to see that Forde tweet so it starts sinking in that it's their orange god's fault that they won't see Lawrence win his second. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is a good point if the populace is intelligent on the whole. Not sure what about this year supports that assumption, though. 

So while I agree about Forde needing to pipe down a lot of the time, helping dumbasses who vote understand that Donald Trump is as much to blame as anyone for why they don't get to watch college football this year is unfortunately a potentially important thing to do for November. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

No way, fuck that. Half of the Clemson board needs to see that Forde tweet so it starts sinking in that it's their orange god's fault that they won't see Lawrence win his second. 

True. Think of the least important consequences of this shitshow and throw them out there. It's more likely that these people care more about that shit than the important stuff.

Edited by Bevo14

Everything trump touches dies.

He now thinks if he just hides the reality of the virus from the public it will help his chances re-election. He is of course wrong about this, which is just par for the course. Everything he does hurts his chance of re-election and now those chances or done and buried.

In the meantime, we all will get to suffer for the remaining months he remains the president. 

Smoke up Jonny! 

Surly is full of educated, opinionated readers and posters. Many have expressed varying levels of concern about Trump getting re-elected.  Today's news report of Russia trying to penetrate the vaccine manufacturers demonstrates that Trump's lack of leadership on checking Russian aggression has emboldened Putin even further to try and disrupt the United States with acts of digital and psychological warfare.
This is an extremely serious issue and raises a very big question for every Surly poster and American who is concerned about Trump getting re-elected, concern that is rooted in the further damage he could do to this country over four more years. The fundamental question for all of us is whether we all should be doing much more to ensure he doesn't get re-elected.
Right now, the Lincoln Project is making a dent into the psyche of voters, but the Democratic party simply isn't doing enough. I don't see much evidence of them taking advantage of the gifts Trump gives us all every day. There are literally hundreds of opportunities to point out the horifically bad leadership Trump has provided as President across almost every policy area.  Plus, he has divided Americans more than just about any President in history, except Lincoln. Are we all going to just sit around for 5 months and hope that he is defeated? While it appears right now that Biden has the upper hand, sentiment could change quickly, just like in 2016.
And more importantly, how hard is Russia working to penetrate our state voting systems to fraudulently swing this election to Trump? We know Trump in office is great for Putin.  So, does anyone else feel the same burning responsibility to do something, anything, to keep this Moron-in-Chief from getting re-elected? I feel a resonsibility to get much more involved, and honestly I think it's time for everyone to get more involved. We've all sat around and watched idiots on Facebook quote Brietbart and Infowars, spew ridiculous viewpoints, and demonstrate how uninformed they are about Trump and the situations. The current blow up over masks and rejected science across the world is ridiculous and never would have happened if we had a President who led. 
To date, most people don't even bother to engage others because it's a fruitless exercise that likely won't change anyone's mind (myself included).  But is that a good reason to do nothing and just live with the potential scenario of 4 more years of Trump? I'm starting to believe that it's time to take on the uninformed in some way, any way, to try and get through to them.
The problem is a good 40% of the country isn't just okay with this, they are in a frenzy to buy Maga Gear and host boat and golf cart parades waving Chinese made flags. They gleefully do so and don't wear mask and keep doubling down despite evidence.

Wtf do you want dems to do in this environment?
  • Like 1