Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

On 7/13/2020 at 12:56 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Until Bob Barker chimes in on what the country should do about the Corona Virus I am not sure I can trust anybody.  Maybe Bob would suggest we spade or neuter all Trumpkins.  I could get behind that plan.

Spade All Trumpkins is both kinda racist and needs a Brazzers logo

The problem is a good 40% of the country isn't just okay with this, they are in a frenzy to buy Maga Gear and host boat and golf cart parades waving Chinese made flags. They gleefully do so and don't wear mask and keep doubling down despite evidence.

Wtf do you want dems to do in this environment?

Nothing will change the 35%, but the 15% that would get him over 50% needs to get hammered all the time with factual information about his lack of success on policies (healthcare, North Korea, nafta, China trade, deep deficit spending during a growing vibrant economy, Iran, corruption, putting unqualified people at the heads of agencies like education, etc).

Do this with the style of the Lincoln Project. Launch an all-out assault on everything because he’s been a complete failure, but for some reason a big chunk of the public only saw “good economy” and “tough talk” with China and Iran and assumed he was actually accomplishing something.

Right now, the Democrats have completely disappeared. The faces of the party don’t need to be out there saying and doing all this, just video and social media, with the periodic Biden zinger thrown in.

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

True. Think of the least important consequences of this shitshow and throw them out there. It's more likely that these people care more about that shit than the important stuff.

They sure care a lot about haircuts and bars.

29 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So what do you suppose the President and Mr. Miller have planned for the suburbs?

A wall?

A moat with alligators?

Weapons ?

Cosplay soldiers?

Buzbee Tanks?

Golf Carts with White Power Banners and Old Men Shaking Fists?

guns.jpg

• Like 1

It. Won't. Matter.
He could say all of those things out loud, tomorrow, standing beside Sammy Davis Jr.'s grave, and not a single vote will switch.
From my experience, "undecided voters" are folks who are only undecided about what excuse they're going to use to vote for Dotard again. If you've not made your mind up by now, some robust debate on fiscal responsibility or meaningful ads about energy policy ain't going to matter
Yeah, my favorites are the ones that were on the fence, but the critics are overbearing and unfair, so that convinced them.
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

It. Won't. Matter.

He could say all of those things out loud, tomorrow, standing beside Sammy Davis Jr.'s grave, and not a single vote will switch.

From my experience, "undecided voters" are folks who are only undecided about what excuse they're going to use to vote for Dotard again. If you've not made your mind up by now, some robust debate on fiscal responsibility or meaningful ads about energy policy ain't going to matter a hill of beans.

If you truly believe that then you might as well concede the election to Trump again. There is a legitimate group of people who voted for Trump last time that can be convinced to vote against him this time. My in-laws are a good example. At first they may be like "well maybe he's a little racist but heck so is my mom and it's ok cuz we're all old"... but when they get wave after wave of seeing how awful of a human being Trump truly is they do change. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

If you truly believe that then you might as well concede the election to Trump again. There is a legitimate group of people who voted for Trump last time that can be convinced to vote against him this time. My in-laws are a good example. At first they may be like "well maybe he's a little racist but heck so is my mom and it's ok cuz we're all old"... but when they get wave after wave of seeing how awful of a human being Trump truly is they do change. 

That's great.  Those people aren't the target audience.  We don't know who they are.  The overwhelming majority of fence-sitters are going to toddle into the voting booth and vote for Trump.

The people who need to be convinced are the ones who actually might vote Biden, given enough impetus.  Young voters.  New voters.  Apathetic voters.  Spending half the energy at a large block of people who probably aren't going to vote anything but Trump (but who won't admit it when they do) is a waste of resources.

That's great.  Those people aren't the target audience.  We don't know who they are.  The overwhelming majority of fence-sitters are going to toddle into the voting booth and vote for Trump.
The people who need to be convinced are the ones who actually might vote Biden, given enough impetus.  Young voters.  New voters.  Apathetic voters.  Spending half the energy at a large block of people who probably aren't going to vote anything but Trump (but who won't admit it when they do) is a waste of resources.

I know a lot of people that are not bad people and not dumb either: plumbers, ex-law enforcement, auto mechanic, farmer, etc. The problem is that the propaganda campaigns over many years by the Republican Party worked on them.

When you combine that with a less than stellar Democratic Party leadership and messaging, it produced a situation where they haven’t realized Trump is a complete fraud. Should they have by now? Yes and it’s very frustrating they haven’t.

However, I continue to believe there is a way to get to these people before Election Day because I’ve already seen a long list of people flip, including ex-administration officials, the Lincoln Project people, and many personal friends.
  • Like 1

Good article.  Not going to repost the entire thing here, since it's free.  Plus, part of me wishes he had actually been able to buy the Bills, for we all know just how disastrous that would have been for the franchise, and the NFL as well:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/07/17/donald-trump-long-losing-war-with-the-nfl-366000

“In a lot of ways,” Mark Geragos, Kaepernick’s attorney, told me on June 1, even as marches, protests and post-Floyd clamor for racial justice intensified coast to coast, “Trump has more dominion and control over the NFL than Roger Goodell does.”

Last week, after the players’ video, after Goodell’s video, after six weeks of societal sea change, I called back to ask whether he still felt that way.

He didn’t have to think long. “No,” he said. “Look, they can read the writing on the wall,” Geragos said of the NFL. “This guy’s gonna lose, and he’s gonna lose big.”

“Trump spent whatever it was, 20 years”—more than 30, actually—“trying to show the world that he could be part of this club, that he was a real American businessman, and all the things he was trying to do, and it failed across the board, because he wasn’t who he said he was,” Lockhart told me. “And all of a sudden he gets elected and he has leverage. And it takes him a little while to figure it out, and he realizes, ‘Well, I can bring these guys to their knees.’ Now, I don’t think he brought them to their knees, but he certainly had an influence, and I think he felt pretty good about that. And I think he looked at the current situation and said, ‘OK, we’re going to try to do this again.’ And I think he has misread the situation, just like I think right now he’s misreading the country.

“What Trump doesn’t realize,” he said, “is that the world has moved on. I guarantee you that the players will kneel—and that the NFL will say it’s OK. And it doesn’t matter this time what Donald Trump says.”

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Yea, my mom is a hardcore catholic, so abortion is the anchor that drags her to the republican vote.  Despite that, she said she will be voting for Biden because Trump is a complete idiot.  Her being German is a big help, there is no spin or bullshit about COVID that works on her.  She traveled to Germany a few days before the travel lockdown and was there for 90 days.  She saw firsthand their response versus ours.  She is floored daily by our case and death numbers.  

6 hours ago, NWBuck said:

It. Won't. Matter.

From my experience, "undecided voters" are folks who are only undecided about what excuse they're going to use to vote for Dotard again. If you've not made your mind up by now, some robust debate on fiscal responsibility or meaningful ads about energy policy ain't going to matter a hill of beans.

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Yea, my mom is a hardcore catholic, so abortion is the anchor that drags her to the republican vote.  Despite that, she said she will be voting for Biden because Trump is a complete idiot.  Her being German is a big help, there is no spin or bullshit about COVID that works on her.  She traveled to Germany a few days before the travel lockdown and was there for 90 days.  She saw firsthand their response versus ours.  She is floored daily by our case and death numbers.  

Yea, I was in Germany and spent some time with her. She was very surprised but also grateful for the time we spent together. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

Had this same discussion on the football board a few weeks ago. Johnny Sack and crew do not believe right wing terrorism exists.

Technically the Taliban is right wing terrorism to the extreme. Most all terrorism is right wing extremists of different ilks. 

• Like 5

Former Game Show Host Who Ranted About Virus 'Lies' Deletes Twitter After His Son Tests Positive

Chuck Woolery, the former host of popular game shows like Love Connection and Wheel of Fortune, made headlines earlier this week for a series of tweets.

On July 12, Woolery, a Republican, tweeted out a conspiracy theory that scientists, doctors, Democrats and the media around the world were all collaborating in a massive lie about the global pandemic just to hurt the United States economy—the only positive of Trump's presidency—to hurt Trump's reelection chances. Woolery was not specific on whether the estimated 590,000 people who died worldwide were in on the conspiracy.

The tweet gained widespread attention when it was retweeted by President Donald Trump.

https://www.comicsands.com/chuck-woolery-pandemic-lie-son-2646422137.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Chuck Woolery used to host Wheel of Fortune?

Looked it up: 1973 to 1981. Left over a salary dispute.

Funny tidbit: back in the day, he was fond of hugging female contestants after they won. He received letters from viewers who objected to this and once brought it up on the show, commenting ""I like to hug folks. I'm a hugger. A lot of people are handshakers; I'm a hugger. And one more thing: if you were here, I'd hug ya too!" Hope he wasn't retweeting Biden hugging memes on his now deleted Twitter account.

17 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

holy shit, that WAPO piece from Hogan...shit. 

McConnell asking the brain dead idiots to wear masks, Hogan calling out Trump for failing to lead, Tate Reeves popping the herd immunity balloon.  There are some cracks appearing in the previously impenetrable wall of reckless GOP stupidity.  I guess we should be thankful it only took 138,000 dead US citizens for the cracks to start.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I miss the trivial scandals. Pruitt with the tactical pants and hotel lotion. Leaked transcripts of Trump begging the President of Mexico to pay for the wall.  

We transitioned to secret police, mass death, Russian bounties, and state sponsored child abuse too quickly.

But on the bright side we got our incandescent light bulbs back.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Infrastructure week!

2Z7AS6IONY4KFNK4M3NJP4XUDI.gif

Lol.  Anyone debating whether or not this stupid fuck’s brain operated at a 5 yo’s level just needs to watch this on loop until they gouge their eyeballs out.   

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

If they really wanted to prove the point, they should take the catalytic converter off the red truck.  Put one set of people in an enclosed room with the blue truck for 20 minutes.  Another set in an enclosed room with the red truck for 20 minutes.  Then see who likes emissions regulations better.

Well, both sets of people would very likely be dead. 

Cats reduce CO, they don't eliminate it and they take O2 out of engine exhaust.  The people in the red truck room might die painlessly from CO poisoning, but the blue truck people would just suffocate and suffer more.

/end pedantry

Did he just riff for 90 seconds on water pressure?  

That does remind me though, I need to check and clean our PRV this weekend.  Thanks Donald, pos rep  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Look on the bright side, at least it appears one Trump adviser seems to know how to read.  Although the cursory glance at her shelves indicate, at around a 4th grade level.  

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

The last bastion is that the virus is going away after the election.  I have heard that one a lot lately.

Well, since these people bought into the CARAVANS that were coming for them right before the 2018 elections that then magically vanished, I'm not surprised they would have this mindset.  They think everyone is like them.