Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

14 hours ago, ndawg said:

Este, but also one more thing. When someone zealously believes in utter nonsense, they'll react in a predictable way the closer your dialog threatens to reveal that nonsense. They'll get more violent, specifically -- the subconscious detects when it has to protect some irrational belief. They're not deciding to get angry... their ego is just stepping right in front of their consciousness and making an executive decision to get angry on their behalf. So, if the root cause of their particular worship of Trump is that, for instance, they want to get back to their idea of the "glory days" of America when they can work a union job for $25/hr and a pension... well, the closer you get to showing them how unlikely it is that such a job and retirement will ever return to America, the more angry they'll get. They can't help it. (And actually, the more likely root cause is that they are insecure about their financial future, but anything that touches on the "glory days" motif will be close enough to that root cause to trigger them)

All the stupid arguments they engage in are also defense mechanisms. They're designed to keep the conversation about abstract things that don't impact them, so that the conversation never runs the risk of broaching their underlying brokenness. Notice that they'll never, ever willingly talk about anything that matters to them. They lose the moment they admit to caring about anything, because once that happens, the empathy channel opens, and their stupid ego loses agency.

I'm not a religious man, but it's possible that Jesus (even the imaginary one) didn't just say "before you take the plank out of your friend's eye, take it out of your own" out of an egalitarian sense of fairness. He might have also been providing a clue for how to disentangle someone else's hypocrisy. If other people first see you model a willingness to self-reflect, they might be nudged slightly towards becoming comfortable to do the same. And if everyone around them models similarly, eventually they might realize it's safe to stop pretending to invulnerable. You just have to not come across as weak in the process (because they still respect "strength," after all).

These are people that are extremely afraid of being themselves. That's why they appropriated a shared "tough guy" identity in the first place. They're hurting. It's hard to feel any sympathy for them, given how their reaction to that hurt has led them to be complicit in a whole lot of cruelty, but so long as they're among us in line to vote, our destiny is tied to theirs.

Oh fuck, I did it again. 2020 is like the year of suddenly discovering I'm off-gassing on an internet forum. What a tense, shitty year it's been.

ha ha simpsons GIF

you have a plank in your eye! is what I expect from trying to show a sense of humanity to these idiots.  They're not driving up the gun market to be compassionate to each other.  

I used to have a very high opinion of generals.  Then I worked for a retired 3 star general who was a complete dumbass.  Now I'm quite positive there are at least a few who got promoted because they were good at shuffling papers and looking like they knew what they were doing.

Graduates of the service academies are also an interesting study. Some of them are the best and brightest in the country. Others are completely worthless and dumb as a box of rocks. It’s a fascinating contrast from one common educational source.

I suspect it’s because of the political nature of the appointments. Dumb kids of influential people get accepted, while truly bright folks work their way into an academy through shear determination and talent.

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep, I think this treaty was mostly about European/NATO security and maybe more in a symbolic sense than a real sense.

So, this is Trump lashing out at Europe for laughing at him and supporting Biden.

I'd already pos repped, but also wanted to commend the astuteness. One can imagine him asking his coven of warlocks, "How can I get even with those European faggots who backed Biden?"

"Hee, hee! Sir, we could shit can the intelligence that protects some countries from Russian surprise attacks."

"That's brilliant. Glad I thought of it. Do it. Now I've got to fire another son of bitch on twitter!"

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

That's pretty much how all of corporate America works.

It was Colonel Hackworth, a columnist I liked while he was live, who more than once noted that if you get a second star you've become a politician more than a general. Some can do both, but by no means all.

I lament Petraeus' foolishness which has taken a very able man out of circulation. I hope he can make it back to serving the country.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, gyroprotagonist said:

well, he went golfing a lot during the plandemic and he obviously had that under control as well.  Same for getting Mexico to pay for the wall.  same for winning bigly with all the tariff money coming in.  I could go on

She nailed the “not a care in the world” part 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Now if he had gone golfing the day after he was diagnosed with Covid-19, that would have been the impressive act of a man without a care in the world.  

Instead, he took a private helicopter ride for a few minutes to the best and most secure hospital room in the world to demand the best and most experimental therapeutics.  I don't blame him for that at all, but he is certainly not above being paranoid and worried.  

59 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Aaron is correct. As a former Dane County resident, however, I am sad. The Badgers are the only cult that should reside in Dane County.

Yet he sat on all that proof during the lawsuits he pushed. That seems competent and leaderlike.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Jesus.  They're really going all-in on the "let's be evil as fuck" thing, aren't they?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Trump set the WH on fire. On the bright side, it would disinfect the place.

• Hook 'Em 1

My idiot neighbors finally took down their "I stand for Trump and the truth" sign.
I only regret is that I didn't see them do it, so I couldn't chant LOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEER at them.
Driving home today I noticed several Trump flags still flying on houses in my neighborhood. Imagine flying a President's flag on your house. Now imagine leaving it up after he was voted out and is now making an ass out of himself about it on the world stage. Mind bottling.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Electrocutions seems like an odd way to bring back the Coal Industry, but give Trump credit, he finally did it.  

If you had Department of Justice, not Department of Energy or Department of the Interior, bringing back coal on your 2020 Bingo Card, your today's big winner!

19 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Surprised he's not reintroducing the iron maiden, catherine wheel, or other cool band names.

I'd bet money he kicked puppies and pulled cat tails when he was a kid. 

Dude, everything he knows, he learned from psychotic authoritarian fucksticks.  This is coming soon:

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Aaron is correct. As a former Dane County resident, however, I am sad. The Badgers are the only cult that should reside in Dane County.

It's what Trump does.  All the fucking time.  Win, Lose, Tie, DNP.  Trump plays golf. And cheats.

Edited by TwiceHorn

13 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Driving home today I noticed several Trump flags still flying on houses in my neighborhood. Imagine flying a President's flag on your house. Now imagine leaving it up after he was voted out and is now making an ass out of himself about it on the world stage. Mind bottling.

We only had three houses with trump signs and/or banners anywhere that I noticed here in my neighborhood on the Austin side of the Austin-Pflugerville frontier, and two took their trump stuff down before the election.  The third - notably a Latino - has kept his trump banner up and seems to be digging in for a long winter of humiliation and disappointment.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ndawg said:

Este, but also one more thing. When someone zealously believes in utter nonsense, they'll react in a predictable way the closer your dialog threatens to reveal that nonsense. They'll get more violent, specifically -- the subconscious detects when it has to protect some irrational belief. They're not deciding to get angry... their ego is just stepping right in front of their consciousness and making an executive decision to get angry on their behalf. So, if the root cause of their particular worship of Trump is that, for instance, they want to get back to their idea of the "glory days" of America when they can work a union job for $25/hr and a pension... well, the closer you get to showing them how unlikely it is that such a job and retirement will ever return to America, the more angry they'll get. They can't help it. (And actually, the more likely root cause is that they are insecure about their financial future, but anything that touches on the "glory days" motif will be close enough to that root cause to trigger them)

All the stupid arguments they engage in are also defense mechanisms. They're designed to keep the conversation about abstract things that don't impact them, so that the conversation never runs the risk of broaching their underlying brokenness. Notice that they'll never, ever willingly talk about anything that matters to them. They lose the moment they admit to caring about anything, because once that happens, the empathy channel opens, and their stupid ego loses agency.

I'm not a religious man, but it's possible that Jesus (even the imaginary one) didn't just say "before you take the plank out of your friend's eye, take it out of your own" out of an egalitarian sense of fairness. He might have also been providing a clue for how to disentangle someone else's hypocrisy. If other people first see you model a willingness to self-reflect, they might be nudged slightly towards becoming comfortable to do the same. And if everyone around them models similarly, eventually they might realize it's safe to stop pretending to invulnerable. You just have to not come across as weak in the process (because they still respect "strength," after all).

These are people that are extremely afraid of being themselves. That's why they appropriated a shared "tough guy" identity in the first place. They're hurting. It's hard to feel any sympathy for them, given how their reaction to that hurt has led them to be complicit in a whole lot of cruelty, but so long as they're among us in line to vote, our destiny is tied to theirs.

Oh fuck, I did it again. 2020 is like the year of suddenly discovering I'm off-gassing on an internet forum. What a tense, shitty year it's been.

good stuff here. 

and thats why the chicken ain't unfucking itself anytime soon my Gs