Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Somebody should tell Donald that if the throws Ivanka under the bus to protect his own ass, that she probably won't sit on his lap in short skirts anymore.  

What a weird thing to do, but I have zero doubt he will fuck his kids over to save his own ass.  Plus, there's now way the powers that be in this country let a former President get hauled off to jail.  They'll let him sit in court maybe, under indictment...but he won't do any jail time.  We already have half his 74mm voters doubting the validity of our election system, you can't also have that many people doubting our legal system.  It's too much for the nation/world to bear in just a couple of years.  But the man's financial rouse is at an end and a bunch of people are gonna have to go down for what he did, of that I have no doubt.  But you can't just flip a switch and tens and tens of millions of Americans start thinking elections and courts are frauds.  That kinda leads to some crazy shit, they won't allow that to happen.  

He’s not going to jail because he will flee the country, which you’re right the powers that be will allow him to do.

As for his supporters and voters, they can all go fuck themselves. Bunch of ignorant racist white trash and irredeemable rich selfish assholes like Johnny sack. I care not one whit about what they think or want because at the end of the day they ain’t gonna do jack shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Last night we are out for dinner and a couple Trump types are in the bar area clearly being over served. Conversational is being had at "drunk guy thinking he is talking at a low level". In the middle of his Trumpstification guy with his back to us dropped a couple pretty comfortable N words. I wanted to go get my Gritty suit from the car but the fam was with me so I took the high road.

I’ve told this story once before but I was in a bar near my house a couple months ago and only 2 people are allowed in the bar area at a time.

This gregarious talkative old trumpkin  dude had way too much wine and asked me if I watched the NFL yesterday. When I said sure why not he replied, “I didn’t because of all those damn niggers kneeling for the flag.” Said it loud enough for most of the restaurant to hear. I actually was anticipating something like that and quickly changed the subject. 

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't believe the poisoning of Navalny ever elicited anything other than a quiet statement by an NSC spokesman a month or so after the event. When a Russian asset is in the WH, the last four years begin to make sense.

This is a nasty aspect of having QAnon buy up all the conspiracy theory real estate while we slept. As in so many other ways, this makes them proof against competing, more legitimate claims of conspiracy. 

It's a shame that "conspiracy theory" has acquired a connotation with insanity. What better place to launch a conspiracy than a society polarized between those who think all such theories are crazy and those already adhering to master conspiracy theory that excludes the importance of all other conspiracies?

Now, we have some evidence of a very, very dark and dangerous conspiracy that too many people will dismiss. It's dangerous for a politician (of a thinking party) to push for investigation of something so wild sounding. It's tough for an intellectual to risk his/her reputation by speaking of such thing. Same for the reputable press, unfortunately.

It's paradise for someone organizing sinister actions with other actors. 

Trump is basically parading his treason on a daily basis. Is it connected to Russia or just his own insanity? We should look into that again. The Russian asset explanation certainly fits his malice towards so many positive things about the America he wants to restore to real horosho greatness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is a nasty aspect of having QAnon buy up all the conspiracy theory real estate while we slept. As in so many other ways, this makes them proof against competing, more legitimate claims of conspiracy. 

It's a shame that "conspiracy theory" has acquired a connotation with insanity. What better place to launch a conspiracy than a society polarized between those who think all such theories are crazy and those already adhering to master conspiracy theory that excludes the importance of all other conspiracies?

Now, we have some evidence of a very, very dark and dangerous conspiracy that too many people will dismiss. It's dangerous for a politician (of a thinking party) to push for investigation of something so wild sounding. It's tough for an intellectual to risk his/her reputation by speaking of such thing. Same for the reputable press, unfortunately.

It's paradise for someone organizing sinister actions with other actors. 

Trump is basically parading his treason on a daily basis. Is it connected to Russia or just his own insanity? We should look into that again. The Russian asset explanation certainly fits his malice towards so many positive things about the America he wants to restore to real horosho greatness.

Another problem is that every time voices urged to push for more Articles, the pushback of "no, let's stick to one or two" was what kept winning the day. In order to reach the end goal (removal) I maintain that they should've thrown all of it at him, a veritable wave of corruption, perfidy, and influence. Pushing against the subpoena avoidance and ignoring the voices saying it would confuse people, and to keep it simple. No! It allowed for the GOP to focus their concentrated efforts on the talking points that led to them crying, 'let the voters decide.' Well, we decided and look where we are right now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

well, he's broken actual law, unlike the type of shit presidents are basically immune from.  you can't charge obama with murder (or manslaughter) for drone strikes.  maybe there are some war crimes scenarios you could play out on w or obama or whatever you're getting at.  i think there's a laundry list of abuse-of-power type shit that trump has done while president, many of which came up during the impeachment inquiry phase (and a lot of people were angry they only went with the ukraine withheld aid/extortion situation)

but his tax fraud and insurance fraud alone, both of which i'm quite certain stretch back well before his presidency, are enough to actually charge, convict, and sentence regular people for in the real world.  trump does not live in the real world, and like i said yesterday, i would like to see a long and drawn out televised trial and see his life (and family's life) wrecked and ruined beyond repair.  but i don't need actual jail, nor do i think it's realistic.

if anything happens, i think it's a quiet plea deal that he gets house arrest for and lies about it.  "i can leave whenever i choose, i just choose not to."

Strong take and pretty in line with what I'm expecting. He's not going to jail, despite all of the fan fiction being written. Literally a zero percent chance. But some long, drawn out trials that sap his money and reputation and expose him as being a fraudster and a terrible businessperson could be productive to wake up some parts of America that have been drawn into the cult of personality. What happens to Trump as an individual is less important, I think, than a protracted series of events that help snap some people out of their four-year binge of selfishness and hate. Donald Trump is not how well-adjusted, mature, and successful people behave. The more people we can drag to that conclusion the better. 

The primary goal of any trials should be to expose and embarrass rather than actually putting him in jail, because that's not going to happen. There will always be at least one on the jury that will be the king or queen of the trailer park for saving Trump from the deep state. But the justice system can still accomplish some noble goals for the greater good here.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The primary goal of any trials should be to expose and embarrass rather than actually putting him in jail, because that's not going to happen. There will always be at least one on the jury that will be the king or queen of the trailer park for saving Trump from the deep state. But the justice system can still accomplish some noble goals for the greater good here.

well the primary goal should be to keep this type of crap from ever happening again.  of course a dozen people from his 2016 campaign got thrown in jail or otherwise indicted and who knows what type of shady shit he tried this time around.  

i remember in frost/nixon, sam rockwell's character was all about "giving the american people the trial of richard nixon that they wanted to badly but were robbed of when he resigned".  i think there will be that need many have, although in trump's case, i think most of his worst crimes were committed before he became president.  in fact, if he hadn't won, he probably would've gotten away with them.  that's why he never showed his financials - because he never thought he would have to.  but he won, and opened himself up to all sorts of scrutiny.

it would be nice if a lot of these "accepted norms" that we just assumed as law were turned into actual law.  a president should have to divest his businesses.  he/she should have to release 10 years of financials.  the emoluments clause should be actually enforceable, even if not punishable.  i'm sure there are a bunch more you could throw on the pile.  i would like to see a better system in place to prevent high ranking people to be "acting" for so long. 

i would like to see a structure that disallowed someone in the president's position to basically fire people who are investigating him, and trying to intimidate whistleblowers.  and don't even get me started on the obstruction of congress nonsense.  we should live in a world where subpoenas mean something.

oh well.

• Hook 'Em 6

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

We are down in South Padre this week and there must have been some sort of Trump rally because there were people down from other states, all with Trump shirts and flags.

As we ate dinner on the patio of a restaurant, a family of six came strolling thru the restaurant, not wearing masks, acting like they were in some way superior to the other diners. It was one of most most sickening things I’ve ever seen. I have to keep reminding myself that these are just really dumb rubes and to not let it get to me.

I have to go down to Port Lavaca and deal with the gf's family next week. I'm sure I'll have to put up with a lot of similar shit down there. 

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

well the primary goal should be to keep this type of crap from ever happening again.  of course a dozen people from his 2016 campaign got thrown in jail or otherwise indicted and who knows what type of shady shit he tried this time around.  

i remember in frost/nixon, sam rockwell's character was all about "giving the american people the trial of richard nixon that they wanted to badly but were robbed of when he resigned".  i think there will be that need many have, although in trump's case, i think most of his worst crimes were committed before he became president.  in fact, if he hadn't won, he probably would've gotten away with them.  that's why he never showed his financials - because he never thought he would have to.  but he won, and opened himself up to all sorts of scrutiny.

it would be nice if a lot of these "accepted norms" that we just assumed as law were turned into actual law.  a president should have to divest his businesses.  he/she should have to release 10 years of financials.  the emoluments clause should be actually enforceable, even if not punishable.  i'm sure there are a bunch more you could throw on the pile.  i would like to see a better system in place to prevent high ranking people to be "acting" for so long. 

i would like to see a structure that disallowed someone in the president's position to basically fire people who are investigating him, and trying to intimidate whistleblowers.  and don't even get me started on the obstruction of congress nonsense.  we should live in a world where subpoenas mean something.

oh well.

For other reforms, the CIA/FBI/AG should not be appointed by any president. They should be career officials that are promoted based on competency. 

And will someone put some fucking teeth into the Hatch Act. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

For other reforms, the CIA/FBI/AG should not be appointed by any president. They should be career officials that are promoted based on competency. 

And will someone put some fucking teeth into the Hatch Act. 

yep.  seems the nonsense we learned in 4th grade social studies just assumed that the president would be an honorable man who actually put effort into avoiding even a whiff of impropriety.

you would think at some point, in the past 250 years, someone would've sat with these laws and other important people and presupposed, "what if the president was a real shitbag?"  faith in the american people has become a problem.

50 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The primary goal of any trials should be to expose and embarrass rather than actually putting him in jail, because that's not going to happen.

Good post, BradinATX. I'll just wonder about a "jury of his peers" in a Manhattan or Washington DC courtroom will include what you describe. You don't find many yokels/yeomen farmers/clay of the new west in those places.

I'd love to see Trump tried before a jury unprejudiced black people. His disdain for them would be delicious to watch.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Tapasuxdde3cd76360233c0abb3975b5b890015.jpg

The longer that he stays holed up in the WH and doesn't go down to Mar-a-lago for Thanksgiving or to get in some rounds of golf in FL, it makes me think that part of his plan is to be a squatter in the WH. If that's the case, I want it on live TV with multiple cameras, Live PD style, when he's removed from the WH on inauguration day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

The longer that he stays holed up in the WH and doesn't go down to Mar-a-lago for Thanksgiving or to get in some rounds of golf in FL, it makes me think that part of his plan is to be a squatter in the WH. If that's the case, I want it on live TV with multiple cameras, Live PD style, when he's removed from the WH on inauguration day.

He’ll leave, but the White House will look like a foreclosure. Copper ripped out of the walls and everything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tchookem said:
2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:
I have to go down to Port Lavaca and deal with the gf's family next week. I'm sure I'll have to put up with a lot of similar shit down there. 

Girlfriend? Sounds like you don't have to put up with any shit you don't feel like putting up with.

tchhookem has a very good point. Free your mind and the rest will follow (perhaps even the gf). How about a romantic thanksgiving for two - starting with mimosas for breakfast.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

"what if the president was a real shitbag?" 

We thought we had that covered with the 25th Amendment. 

oh well.

Agreed. I'm pre-emptively irritated with Biden for not bully pulpiting the shit out of election and ethics reform for four years.

Prove me wrong Joe.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Agreed. I'm pre-emptively irritated with Biden for not bully pulpiting the shit out of election and ethics reform for four years.

Prove me wrong Joe.

i think biden is sticking with his same strategy from the last 8 months.  give him enough rope (and his twitter account)...

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

tchhookem has a very good point. Free your mind and the rest will follow (perhaps even the gf). How about a romantic thanksgiving for two - starting with mimosas for breakfast.

We thought we had that covered with the 25th Amendment. 

I wish man. She's super pumped about seeing all her fam. I'm not happy about being around all these people during a massive covid outbreak. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Pussy remains undefeated.

Trump is super.  I am editing my post because of threats I get from losers on this site.  

Edited by Lobo

The speech was so good, it was immediately lifted and moved to the Smithsonian where interested media or citizens can gather to hear it by placing their ears against the floor.  

also curious that no other G20 attendee has made reference to the speech in their own press remarks.  He knows that just because it’s called a virtual summit, that electronic records of the event exist and can be reviewed?  Or does he think like that just happens the one time on the screen and is gone forever like TV before DVR/TiVo???

Speech:

This Jynah virus is a HOAX, Fake News, but I got it, It was a Nothing Burder, I felt the best I ever felt after treatment.  In spite of it being a HOAX I created the vaccine that will be available in 2 weeks. If the demoncrats had created the vaccine it would have come with a tracking chip when they injected the disenfectant into your body and used the ultraviolet light.

Even Fox News now admitting he virtually attended a portion of the Summit but gave no official speech other than perfunctory/salutatory remarks.  

You'd think after four years as the Head of State for the United States of America, he would understand that "speaking" out loud to say hello to people is not the same as "giving a speech."  Speaking and Giving a Speech are to different things when you are the President.  I mean, some middle manager asked to give a toast at the company Christmas party might say, "Yeah, I have a speech and I nailed it" when he in fact just clanked his glass and make two wisecracks and a thank-you.  But that's not a speech, he just "spoke" at the party. 

I think Trump thinks each time he opens up his mouth, that counts as a speech.  

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I think on the issue of Paris Accord, (being from a oil-energy backed state) I kinda see Trump's point on this... [At least it 'feels" that way]...

Yeah.  Kind of like some of you all felt when our country was a slave-holding country and all that emancipation bullshit was starting to gain strength.