Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Donald Trump and everyone else should face the consequences, sure. Which of his crimes normally land people in his position actually end up in jail over them?

- Fine him.
- Take his assets.
- Put cronies in jail.
- Use cultural pressure to ruin everyone around him.
- Never allow rehabilitation.

on and on and on

If y'all are ready for The Cleanse of Ultimate Purity then let's go, but that's not what y'all are calling for. You're calling for a historically alarming level of punishment for the guy then you're going to be A-OK with Dubya and Clinton walking around free.

I appreciate the response, but I think you're presuming to interpret something that needs no interpretation. No person should be above the law. Nobody says convict him of jaywallking then give him the gurney.

I believe he has broken important laws dealing with foreign agencies, selling influence, tampering with a national election, and countless items of malfeasance.

If he's working with the Soviets along with his GOP toadies, he's a goddamn traitor. Seizing his dubious assets is not the punishment for that crime.

If there is evidence of any crimes, he should be pursued under the letter of the law. I won't be intimidated by the threat of the deplorables into backing away from that principle.

Let go of your imagined belief about what you think liberals crave, who the liberals are, and what is meant by merely saying the law should be enforced. 

I vote Dem. I'm not likely a liberal. I'm not calling for mobs to drag dickheads out of their houses and hang them from the lamposts...yet. Threaten me with that, and I'll help haul the rope that gets thrown over the lamp arm.

Don't overthink this, my friend.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are you fucking nuts?  Do you not think Trump is culpable for myriad jailable offenses, perhaps including (but not limited to) assault/battery, murder, and treason?

I don't know, which is why I asked. If it's so obvious, someone should be able to list them. Shouldn't be so triggering.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Nobody says convict him of jaywallking then give him the gurney.

People are saying he should go to jail. Those are their words. Not sure why I'm supposed to assume their meaning is something other than what they say.

I won't be intimidated by the threat of the deplorables into backing away from that principle.

The world isn't just Good Guys & Deplorables.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Somebody please paste jr’s head onto the guy on Crocodile Dundee at the party when Mick puts his head over the boiling water under the towel.  It’ll cure what ails him

Not that was obscure and I remember it.  Bravo.  

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't know, which is why I asked. If it's so obvious, someone should be able to list them. Shouldn't be so triggering.

well, he's broken actual law, unlike the type of shit presidents are basically immune from.  you can't charge obama with murder (or manslaughter) for drone strikes.  maybe there are some war crimes scenarios you could play out on w or obama or whatever you're getting at.  i think there's a laundry list of abuse-of-power type shit that trump has done while president, many of which came up during the impeachment inquiry phase (and a lot of people were angry they only went with the ukraine withheld aid/extortion situation)

but his tax fraud and insurance fraud alone, both of which i'm quite certain stretch back well before his presidency, are enough to actually charge, convict, and sentence regular people for in the real world.  trump does not live in the real world, and like i said yesterday, i would like to see a long and drawn out televised trial and see his life (and family's life) wrecked and ruined beyond repair.  but i don't need actual jail, nor do i think it's realistic.

if anything happens, i think it's a quiet plea deal that he gets house arrest for and lies about it.  "i can leave whenever i choose, i just choose not to."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

well, he's broken actual law, unlike the type of shit presidents are basically immune from.  you can't charge obama with murder (or manslaughter) for drone strikes.  maybe there are some war crimes scenarios you could play out on w or obama or whatever you're getting at.  i think there's a laundry list of abuse-of-power type shit that trump has done while president, many of which came up during the impeachment inquiry phase (and a lot of people were angry they only went with the ukraine withheld aid/extortion situation)

but his tax fraud and insurance fraud alone, both of which i'm quite certain stretch back well before his presidency, are enough to actually charge, convict, and sentence regular people for in the real world.  trump does not live in the real world, and like i said yesterday, i would like to see a long and drawn out televised trial and see his life (and family's life) wrecked and ruined beyond repair.  but i don't need actual jail, nor do i think it's realistic.

if anything happens, i think it's a quiet plea deal that he gets house arrest for and lies about it.  "i can leave whenever i choose, i just choose not to."

Ken Paxton disagrees.

you just deny everything. Claim it’s partisan. Delay trial for ten years with motions and lawyer changes. Seen it a thousand times.

18 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Ken Paxton disagrees.

you just deny everything. Claim it’s partisan. Delay trial for ten years with motions and lawyer changes. Seen it a thousand times.

the fact that several sources near trump say he's super paranoid about being arrested after his presidency is almost enough for me.

he's also facing a ton of lawsuits.  start fucking with his funds and let the rest play out.  he'll probably be begging for (white-collar) prison, like the warm blanket of bankruptcy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

The world isn't just Good Guys & Deplorables.

You're not qualified to condescend. It's naive to think that there are no deplorables. The person who coined the term was no fool.

Versus deplorables? Yes, there actually are good guys. Again, don't overthink this. Somethings are actually simple.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Chooky said:

The moment I heard Donald Light got Covid I involuntarily visualized the Jerry Seinfeld gif.  This is why I'm cutting back a little on internetting.  

The internet needs you now more than ever. I'm not a gratuituous damner. These are bad fucking people who come from a line of bad fucking people. I don't make that judgment lightly. I resisted it. I rarely hate, but I hate these malefactors working to undo the delicate network that holds us together and civil.

If I'm proved wrong, I'll eat my words. I cannot turn away from truth out of a timidity to face a hard, unexpected, horrifying truth.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh man I forgot about that guy. 

I assume you mean Rip Taylor throwing confetti. That shit was out there back in the 70s. He cracked me up. I'm laughing now thinking of him on the Tonight Show With Johnny Carson. Wild, weird stuff. I think I googled "confetti" ages ago and got the gif. Made me smile. Flaming queen and nobody gave a shit.

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The internet needs you now more than ever. I'm not a gratuituous damner. These are bad fucking people who come from a line of bad fucking people. I don't make that judgment lightly. I resisted it. I rarely hate, but I hate these malefactors working to undo the delicate network that holds us together and civil.

If I'm proved wrong, I'll eat my words. I cannot turn away from truth out of a timidity to face a hard, unexpected, horrifying truth.

I've never hated anything or anyone more than Trump/ism/ers. Hopefully I'll never hate anyone else more than this, too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

I've never hated anything or anyone more than Trump/ism/ers. Hopefully I'll never hate anyone else more than this, too. 

We are down in South Padre this week and there must have been some sort of Trump rally because there were people down from other states, all with Trump shirts and flags.

As we ate dinner on the patio of a restaurant, a family of six came strolling thru the restaurant, not wearing masks, acting like they were in some way superior to the other diners. It was one of most most sickening things I’ve ever seen. I have to keep reminding myself that these are just really dumb rubes and to not let it get to me.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

We are down in South Padre this week and there must have been some sort of Trump rally because there were people down from other states, all with Trump shirts and flags.

As we ate dinner on the patio of a restaurant, a family of six came strolling thru the restaurant, not wearing masks, acting like they were in some way superior to the other diners. It was one of most most sickening things I’ve ever seen. I have to keep reminding myself that these are just really dumb rubes and to not let it get to me.

Yeah but there’s like 60 million of them. It’s a critical mass of lethal stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bookman said:

So this morning I was reminded of the Russian bounties that Trump ignored. That was way, way back in late June of this year.

There's just been too much to process over the last four years.

I don't believe the poisoning of Navalny ever elicited anything other than a quiet statement by an NSC spokesman a month or so after the event. When a Russian asset is in the WH, the last four years begin to make sense.

So this morning I was reminded of the Russian bounties that Trump ignored. That was way, way back in late June of this year.
There's just been too much to process over the last four years.

I’m too lazy and probably not patriotic enough to do this but I wanted a highlight list of all the crap over 4 years to post as my stock respond to people. Just facts. I bet it’s several hundred bullet points long.

I’m too lazy and probably not patriotic enough to do this but I wanted a highlight list of all the crap over 4 years to post as my stock respond to people. Just facts. I bet it’s several hundred bullet points long.

Shared something similar back in April with some “but the market!” GOP friends and was told that I was having fever dreams. Most of those things never happened, or even if they did who cares cause owning libs and cashing checks.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't believe the poisoning of Navalny ever elicited anything other than a quiet statement by an NSC spokesman a month or so after the event. When a Russian asset is in the WH, the last four years begin to make sense.

It's quite chilling when you realize Russia having an asset sitting behind the Resolute Desk is several orders of magnitude more likely than any of the QAnon shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Somebody should tell Donald that if the throws Ivanka under the bus to protect his own ass, that she probably won't sit on his lap in short skirts anymore.  

What a weird thing to do, but I have zero doubt he will fuck his kids over to save his own ass.  Plus, there's now way the powers that be in this country let a former President get hauled off to jail.  They'll let him sit in court maybe, under indictment...but he won't do any jail time.  We already have half his 74mm voters doubting the validity of our election system, you can't also have that many people doubting our legal system.  It's too much for the nation/world to bear in just a couple of years.  But the man's financial rouse is at an end and a bunch of people are gonna have to go down for what he did, of that I have no doubt.  But you can't just flip a switch and tens and tens of millions of Americans start thinking elections and courts are frauds.  That kinda leads to some crazy shit, they won't allow that to happen.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Somebody should tell Donald that if the throws Ivanka under the bus to protect his own ass, that she probably won't sit on his lap in short skirts anymore.  

What a weird thing to do, but I have zero doubt he will fuck his kids over to save his own ass.  Plus, there's now way the powers that be in this country let a former President get hauled off to jail.  They'll let him sit in court maybe, under indictment...but he won't do any jail time.  We already have half his 74mm voters doubting the validity of our election system, you can't also have that many people doubting our legal system.  It's too much for the nation/world to bear in just a couple of years.  But the man's financial rouse is at an end and a bunch of people are gonna have to go down for what he did, of that I have no doubt.  But you can't just flip a switch and tens and tens of millions of Americans start thinking elections and courts are frauds.  That kinda leads to some crazy shit, they won't allow that to happen.  

You may be right, but this pisses me the fuck off. There have to be consequences. There have to be. 

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I spent maybe the first 15 minutes of the lockdown thinking I could influence those who didn't want to take precautions. Think how many decades went by with assholes blowing second-hand smoke. Hell, they're still driving down the road, updating their FB status to "Y'all I am SO drunk lol." It's a freakin miracle anybody's got on a mask.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I spent maybe the first 15 minutes of the lockdown thinking I could influence those who didn't want to take precautions. Think how many decades went by with assholes blowing second-hand smoke. Hell, they're still driving down the road, updating their FB status to "Y'all I am SO drunk lol." It's a freakin miracle anybody's got on a mask.

This right here.

Nothing puts things in perspective better than trying to explain why that doctor is outside taking a smoke break to your 12 year old child. That's when you realize that any explanation to that little face will only seem nonsensical, and that would and should be the correct response.

Edited by Thatguy

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Last night we are out for dinner and a couple Trump types are in the bar area clearly being over served. Conversational is being had at "drunk guy thinking he is talking at a low level". In the middle of his Trumpstification guy with his back to us dropped a couple pretty comfortable N words. I wanted to go get my Gritty suit from the car but the fam was with me so I took the high road.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Pos rep.  I'll leave it to the twitter-sphere to paste Don, Jr.'s face on that guy's head and call it, "Don Jr's Covid-19 recovery as prescribed by  Dr. Atlas."  

Edited by Lobo