Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Public trials and prison will make martyrs of them. It would be very stupid to do either.

Fines and whatever levers can be pulled to disqualify is as far as it should go legally. Beyond that, intense and endless public shaming is what will actually kill Trumpism. We don't have the levers of power, but we do have the levers of culture. Anyone who tries to rehabilitate them should be targeted.

The Democrats should be focused on important things, and getting vengeance on Trump isn't one of them. He showed us flaws in the system, fix the flaws.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The Democrats should be focused on important things, and getting vengeance on Trump isn't one of them. He showed us flaws in the system, fix the flaws.

Rooting out and punishing corruption from the most powerful office in the world is, in my opinion, very important.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Root it out and punish it, sure. Fines and eternal disqualification for him and his cronies. I don't oppose that.

What I oppose is the melodramatic urge liberals are indulging that will immediately explode in their faces and make everything worse. This isn't television.

A former President is not going to jail. Jesus Christ

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I mean I'm not really joking. Their marriage is a total sham business arrangement and I'm pretty sure he's gay.

She has basically stated her ideal man is Christian Bale in American Psycho.  So Jared does his best to look that part, minus the sit-ups and Phil Collins/Huey Lewis.   

We have about 30 million of his 70 million voters having all manner of doubts in our election process.  One of the few things the United States has always done well, respectably, and affirmed all over the world.  

We are not going to compound that by having tens of millions of Americans doubt out other globally respected institution, our Rule of Law/Judicial System.  We can't have tens of millions of Americans within a 2 year span erode all confidence in both elections and the legal system.  Who knows to what that could lead?  The powers that be cannot let that occur.  There's only one choice left...he gonna get gone'd.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

We have about 30 million of his 70 million voters having all manner of doubts in our election process.  One of the few things the United States has always done well, respectably, and affirmed all over the world.  

We are not going to compound that by having tens of millions of Americans doubt out other globally respected institution, our Rule of Law/Judicial System.  We can't have tens of millions of Americans within a 2 year span erode all confidence in both elections and the legal system.  Who knows to what that could lead?  The powers that be cannot let that occur.  There's only one choice left...he gonna get gone'd.  

They won’t believe it if Biden wins.

they will only believe the integrity of election if trump stays in power, period.

They are beyond help....

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

unpopular opinion alert...

i'm totally ok with trump not spending any time in jail.

as long as there's a trial.

that lasts at least a month.

where every minute is televised.

and rudy is his primary counsel.

who eventually bails and trump represents himself.

and only gets off because he agrees to some sort of plea deal orchestrated by biden/kamala/their ag.

and it includes house arrest.

and no twitter usage.

but i'm ok with him not going to jail.

And a forfeiture of assets

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

unpopular opinion alert...

i'm totally ok with trump not spending any time in jail.

as long as there's a trial.

that lasts at least a month.

where every minute is televised.

and rudy is his primary counsel.

who eventually bails and trump represents himself.

and only gets off because he agrees to some sort of plea deal orchestrated by biden/kamala/their ag.

and it includes house arrest.

and no twitter usage.

but i'm ok with him not going to jail.

another favorite gif

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Public trials and prison will make martyrs of them. It would be very stupid to do either.

Fines and whatever levers can be pulled to disqualify is as far as it should go legally. Beyond that, intense and endless public shaming is what will actually kill Trumpism. We don't have the levers of power, but we do have the levers of culture. Anyone who tries to rehabilitate them should be targeted.

Oof.

Nobody is going to consider Trump a martyr who doesn't already consider him a demigod.  Public opinion is not going to shift from outrage to pity.  Beyond that, "the Democrats" have little to do with the pursuit of Trump and his inner circle for criminal activity once the trigger is pulled.  Adults can do two or more things at once.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

WhiteHouse_Clemson_011619.jpg

You know, that's an embarrassing spread to have in the White House, and all that, but.....I confess....I'd smash the HELL outta some Filets o Fish.  I still like that sammich.

44 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

But, I mean, you'd have to a be a loon or a kook to be disturbed by the sitting fucking president amplifying calls for a violent civil war.  Right?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Criminal trials are public. There is no such thing as a quiet plea involving the President. It would be headline news on every channel for months. 

Trump aint going to trial in a criminal matter.  He doesn't have the balls for it.  And while a species of flooding the channel with bullshit is a time-honored defense tactic, it doesn't work in a criminal case to the extent Trump would need/want to do it.

The prosecution could decline to offer a plea, but he can still plead guilty at the 11th hour to avoid a trial.

And I mean quiet in a relative sense.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, bad_teammate said:

I think the two centuries we've gone so far has already set that precedent pretty firmly.

We set all kinds of precedents the past two centuries that this admin flushed down the toilet multiple times a day.

Unprecedented behavior merits an unprecedented response.  And the fundamental principle of prosecuting people for over-the-top and shameless criminal activity needs to survive.  I don't think the Biden admin should make a specific effort -- they should let the process work.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Cant we put him in stocks and have members of the public throw rotten fruit and veggies at him?  Maybe charge $5 a turn and erase our deficit while we’re at it. 

Id be willing to drop a G to piss on his face. This is America, we should have options for a price. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I tend to agree but if there was ever a need for an exception... 

Plenty of former Governors and Senators have done time, and I’m just talking about Louisiana.  Don’t see why a POTUS is so far fetched. 

Not sure if there is more than one LA governor that did time but I had a family member doing time with a LA governor and he had Popeye's flown in every Sunday for himself and a bunch of people.   Minimum Security Prison by the way.

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Not sure if there is more than one LA governor that did time but I had a family member doing time with a LA governor and he had Popeye's flown in every Sunday for himself and a bunch of people.   Minimum Security Prison by the way.

Stories like this are why LA is simultaneously the worst, and greatest, state in the union.

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

image.jpeg.941158a2c8db253c66b8396899142d1f.jpeg
we should be so lucky. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Cant we put him in stocks and have members of the public throw rotten fruit and veggies at him?  Maybe charge $5 a turn and erase our deficit while we’re at it. 

Make it $10 a person and we would have a surplus within a month.  We could then take that money and have free hookers and blow for everyone in the US and we would again be the happiest country in the world.  

46 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Root it out and punish it, sure. Fines and eternal disqualification for him and his cronies. I don't oppose that.

What I oppose is the melodramatic urge liberals are indulging that will immediately explode in their faces and make everything worse. This isn't television.

Jail, however satisfying that might be, won’t happen as you mentioned. Causing him and his family eternal financial ruin, even worse than the likely 10 figures of debt he owes to various sources, is okay with me. That will be a state level decision though. There are consequences to a lifetime of treating people in a disrespectful and dishonest way. 

Taking away his twitter machine, well, okay that would make me laugh because of the meltdown that would ensue. 

47 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I agree with this.  He and his family need to be publicly destroyed as a future deterrent.

Absolutely this.

One of the talking points that has come out of this is, "elections have consequences."

Well, there also have to be consequences for running a corrupt, profiteering administration, cozying up to dictators while destroying our real alliances, locking brown women and children in cages, then trying to literally steal the next election.

It's heads on spikes time.

Edited by TexArcher

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Maybe that is why Trump is such a crook, he thinks he can't go to jail.  He has done enough crooked crap to be sentenced to life, and that is exactly what he needs.