Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

2 minutes ago, jinx said:

Yeah.   Last night it had 800,000 or so deaths in Vatican City.  Actually outpaced the cases in VC by about 300k

"Take me down to the Vatican City where the priests are mean and the boys are pretty..."

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I've seen that shed. He was out buying guns and ammo when the grocery stores were being plundered for TP and high fructose corn syrup items.

This does not end well for Deej.

Oh I remember the shed.  Wish I could find my post about it that got quite a few chuckles, but ain’t nobody got time to look for that shit.  

Lake Travis Youth Association apparently has a soccer coach with symptoms consistent with COVID.  They did not meet criteria for testing, so he is under self-quarantine. Buncha of kids potentially exposed during practice last week if he ends up with the COVID. 

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

Brought back some fun memories.  I was pretty lit up on Gin & Topo that night and was cracking myself up.  A few of those posts took me 5 minutes to write as I was laughing so hard at myself.  Isn’t as funny as I remembered it that night, but still garnered a good chuckle 

• Like 1

Just now, Trey3216 said:

Brought back some fun memories.  I was pretty lit up on Gin & Topo that night and was cracking myself up.  A few of those posts took me 5 minutes to write as I was laughing so hard at myself.  Isn’t as funny as I remembered it that night, but still garnered a good chuckle 

Like most of Surly, a bit of a buzz goes a long way.

• Like 1

102+ degree fever the last two days, cough, chills, super achy, etc. Negative flu and strep test yesterday.

Whelp. Not Covid or any of the dozen or so other respiratory viruses they tested for either. Fever broke today, but all the other symptoms remain. The aches, fatigue, brain fog, and cough are all a bit worse, and now I’m dealing with excessive diarrhea. What the fuck is wrong with my body?!?!?
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Whelp. Not Covid or any of the dozen or so other respiratory viruses they tested for either. Fever broke today, but all the other symptoms remain. The aches, fatigue, brain fog, and cough are all a bit worse, and now I’m dealing with excessive diarrhea. What the fuck is wrong with my body?!?!?

You should jump into a volcano with Meg Ryan.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

did you get run over on the sidelines by Tony Brakens, possibly?

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

If they ran a rapid flu first then that test has a notorious 20-30% false negative rate. If they ran it also in a respiratory viral panel then that is more accurate.  Sometimes sample collection is not the best based on who swabbed you.

Maybe it's AIDS or gonorrhea. ...... I keed I keed.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

The fabric of society is thin and tears easily. 

i'd say its thin and doesn't tear easily at all. but when it does its not pretty

very glad i now live in Oz. i would for sure be more concerned in the US due to its raging individualism and generally semi-fractured society. Brazil? LOL. put that at the bottom of the wishlist. Thats goddamn MadMax waiting to happen. Prob Japan and SK at the top of the wishlist. Maybe Singapore with its semi light touch communism, shit they are already on the down and down there. and I fucking hate Singapore man, and the fucking Eagles

Social cohesion for sure getting a good test run. Good luck to everyone. For sure some interesting times. Hey, its better than being nuked

Edited by staboner
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Get well soon, bud

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Even with shut downs a complete shut down of social life happening everywhere starting with the NBA on the 12th at 1600 cases...now close to everything is closed or shut down on 3/16 at 4600 cases. Italy had 7375 on 3/8..the day they went into shutdown mode. 

we're also much, much more spread out than italy is. I have no idea if we'll see a ratio as bad as italys at 7.7% mortality. but if we're using italys day by day stuff considering our land mass/population size, we're not even in italys atmosphere....so far.

Huh? Neither of your posts on the comparison to Italy make any sense whatsoever. If our population is higher but more spread out (both true), how does that make tracking the same exponential growth in confirmed cases better?

8 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

good luck man. keep hydrating as much as you can. 

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Lake Travis Youth Association apparently has a soccer coach with symptoms consistent with COVID.  They did not meet criteria for testing, so he is under self-quarantine. Buncha of kids potentially exposed during practice last week if he ends up with the COVID. 

Kids in school last week in LT?

Dear friends and family of Franklin BBQ,

In light of recent news surrounding Covid19 and the CDCs recommendation to limit social gatherings to under 50 people, we have decided to suspend our dining room service for the time being.

The good news is we are excited to offer curbside pickup service. Ordering Franklin BBQ has never been easier—you can now order online for same day pickup in our parking lot. We will bring it out to you, while you remain in your car, in our parking lot.

21 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Amazing.  Those were the exact symptoms my 2 year old and I had last Tuesday (I didn't run a fever).  Its been close to a week and I'm mostly better but still have a little sinus and chest congestion.  Getting the runs randomly for 1 day in the midst of it was kinda weird and then it just clear up the following day.  Daughter had the same issue about 12 hours behind me lol.

Just now, Bevo Num1 said:
2 minutes ago, Okie State said:
So I actually had to work today. What did I miss?

More people got sick. More people died. Economy is headed towards the shitter.

Except it is really close to fewer died and futures are at limit up. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Newt Gingrich is in Italy, and thinking we should act as well

https://www.newsweek.com/newt-gingrich-i-am-italy-amid-coronavirus-crisis-america-must-act-now-act-big-opinion-1492270

Thesd people pulling the “it’s just the flu” will be changing their tune soon enough.   

goddamn give me some more newt.  that was spot the fuck on.  dated 13th.

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

goddamn give me some more newt.  that was spot the fuck on.  dated 13th.

the Fauci quote about 70% of new cases coming from europe now is interesting.  I don't believe China went to zero over the entire last week.  I hope to hell he is right but that is based on China numbers(along with SK) mainly and Russia with only 70 cases.

8 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Unfortunately that’s 50 so far today and the day is early in Spain.  

I'm pretty sure by today he means the 16th. I doubt they've already reported 50 deaths between 12 and 4 in the morning.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away