Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

We're getting ready for a small gathering next week some time. Us on the screened-in-porch, and the other family at a table outside of it, 10 feet away. We'll provide them their own hand sanitizer, etc., and they bring their own meal. We'll be "together" but never actually come in contact.

The tension is going to result in an impromptu orgy. Or maybe not so impromptu for MP - this is some 4D chess type shit. Well done. 

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

You think the kids will go back to school before summer break? Just making sure im hearing this right, cause ill put down $50 right now

Sure. I’ll even bet it with my school district. Orange County, CA. They see one week of school before the scheduled normal close date. 

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

I really don't appreciate more words being put in my mouth.

I'm not nor have I ever wished death or illness on anyone. But you fuckers sure do enjoy dogpiling on me for expecting the authorities to do the right thing, and calling it out when they fail to do so

I'm not discussing politics. I'm discussing how the people we put in charge to protect us are completely failing to protect the public interest, and have actively worked to the contrary. 

It's fucking pathological to dismiss all of the inaction and sweep it aside, and then act like there was nothing we could have done. Sorry that I'm trying to talk about the entire issue, and how public health may be impacted in two weeks because of today's events, but fuck you, I haven't been bringing politics into this. 

Your reading comprehension is worse than your rhetoric, which is quite an achievement. 

I didn’t reference you as being someone wishing death on others. In fact, I did the opposite. 

Regarding the politics, those of us uninterested in discussing them are not secretly hiding their partisanship, as you and the Lobo dipshit from last night’s rant have started positing. It’s fascinating that you guys think your bullshit is so fucking amazing that there aren’t large groups of people out there who have no interest in the subject matter. It’s like D&D dorks that secretly believe everyone else is fucking up by not being deeply involved with their interests. In your post I just quoted, you again attempt to start bitching about “leadership” which is code now for "President's Name", I guess. In order to respond to your points, one doesn’t need to be a genius to surmise that your next response then furthers the doom loop of the discussion into ... wait for it ... fucking politics. 

In truth, if you’re sitting around and waiting for some figurehead to tell you what to do, you aren’t worth the fucking calories for much of a response anyway. 

It’s clear you’re never going to get it. I don’t understand why this has to be the thread that constantly pulls you out of your safe haven of honking speds in the cloak room, but I guess I’m happy for the fresh chances to neg you, so there’s that. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

We just had our govt come out and say this is gonna go till july or august.... and thats our govt! It could be even longer than that

so if I’m wrong I’m out $50. You do know how a bet works right?  It only makes sense if someone takes the other side. 

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

Snapper is closed in federal waters. You could do a state water snapper trip but the boat has to stay within 9 nm for the duration of the trip. We are still probably a month or so away from being able to target dorado and ling - water temp needs to come up more.

Where should we go (next month) for dorado and ling? Are you a guide? Just need to find ways to keep my 2 boys (high school and college) entertained while school is messed up without encountering a bunch of people.

11 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I think that is sort of normal over there

if it has to happen. Have it happen now. When everyone is on high alert 

Edited by Xian

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

For fuck's sake...I just found out my sister dumped her kid on my mom for spring break. She's 79, what bad could possibly happen? I could fucking strangle her right now. 

that is rough man. And assume sister is going to want to come back and get the kid, hang out with mom, etc. 

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I haven't talked to my dad in a few days and I don't want to.

Because I guaranfuckingtee he went to church yesterday.  He's 88.

Mom died in January, and they had been married 67 year, so I kinda figure he doesn't give a shit any more.

Similar situation here. Dad is 78 and mom has been gone 5 years. He is lonely and doesn't care anymore. And yes he went to church yesterday 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away