Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yes, people are doing that. Unfortunately it takes an understanding of math and statistics beyond the 5th grade level, so it never occurs to the general public to ask "Hey, why is our death rate going up despite quarantine measures that would result in normal causes of (at least) accidental deaths plummeting?" They think it's smarter to just speculate on how many doctors must be lying about causes of death for some bizzaro-world reasons fed to them by the Alex Joneses of the world.

Agree about Alex Jones, but the idea that the increase in total deaths is partially attributable to causes other than coronavirus is not a fringe perspective. I linked this before, so apologies for redundancy.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional/sick-georgians-avoiding-doctors-offices-due-fear-covid/4wLmeefvZaTyuBD7DXkeyK/

From the article: “A study by Yale researchers and The Washington Post found that the number of U.S. deaths in the first weeks of the pandemic soared well past the number that would have been expected, even with known COVID-19 deaths included.That could be attributed to several factors, including some deaths caused by the coronavirus not being categorized that way. But surveys also show people are putting off all kinds of medical care. A new poll commissioned by the American College of Emergency Physicians found four in five adults reported they are concerned about contracting COVID-19 from another patient or visitor in the emergency room. The poll also found that, because of the virus, nearly a third of Americans are delaying or avoiding some type of medical care, not just the kind that’s provided in emergency rooms. Women are postponing annual mammograms. Families are canceling well-child checkups and vaccinations, and even skipping newborns’ first doctor appointments.”

Edited by Bruno Sardine
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bullzak said:

Northwestern hospital in Chicago is losing 150,000,000 per month. 

At 39,000 per Covid death they need to fake 3800 deaths a month to get back to even. 

People really believe that shit happens? 

I had surgery and an overnight there last year. Total bill was 100,000.

Logic would dictate that if anything they would hide all Covid deaths so they can open up and get that hospital going 100% again. Thats the incentive. 

Hospitals have already been shut down to elective surgeries.  I guess you don’t understand how government shutdowns work.  Horse is already out of the barn on that one.  If only there was some other way for hospitals to recoup some of that lost revenue.  Not saying it is wide spread but it is definitely happening.  

Edited by stork642
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clintonaldo said:

Have ya’ll discussed the hospitals saying every death is Covid related so they can get an extra $39,000? That ain’t right man. 

Imagine taking 30 seconds out of your day to have more than the most basic, superficial knowledge about a subject. Now imagine you did that before posting this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/nyregion/new-jersey-military-veterans-home.html?smid=tw-nytmetro&smtyp=cur

The coronavirus has preyed on residents of nursing homes in New Jersey with lethal force, claiming 4,890 lives. Deaths at long-term care facilities now account for more than half of the state’s Covid-19 fatalities, well over the national rate.

But nowhere has the devastation been starker than at the New Jersey Veterans Home at Paramus, a state-run home for former members of the U.S. military, where on Monday 72 deaths had been linked to virus.

The virus has swept through the facility, which in late March had 314 residents, infecting 60 percent of its patients.

72 out of just over 300 residents seems like a lot.  

• Like 1

https://www.dailywire.com/news/people-in-hong-kong-are-becoming-ill-with-rat-hepatitis-for-first-time-ever-no-one-knows-how-its-happening?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

"A new report this week outlined an increasing virus problem in Hong Kong, which is attached to mainland China, where rat hepatitis E is jumping from rats to humans for the first time in history, and no one seems to know how it’s happening.
The first case was reported in 2018 when infectious disease experts at the University of Hong Kong (HKU) examined a man who had just undergone a liver transplant and was having liver problems."
So covid is just misdirection to distract us from hep from rats. There is a god and its sense of humor is a little twisted.

Just now, gmr548 said:
2 hours ago, workswithseed said:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/people-in-hong-kong-are-becoming-ill-with-rat-hepatitis-for-first-time-ever-no-one-knows-how-its-happening?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

"A new report this week outlined an increasing virus problem in Hong Kong, which is attached to mainland China, where rat hepatitis E is jumping from rats to humans for the first time in history, and no one seems to know how it’s happening.
The first case was reported in 2018 when infectious disease experts at the University of Hong Kong (HKU) examined a man who had just undergone a liver transplant and was having liver problems."

So covid is just misdirection to distract us from hep from rats. There is a god and its sense of humor is a little twisted.

I'm feeling like there should be a China keeps us sick thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Explain again in plain english how exactly deaths are being over reported?  I hadn’t seen the he factual data behind that yet.  Or is there any?

Deaths are underreported.  By a lot.  

Edit:  Look where the most deaths are, nursing homes.  For the longest time there was very little testing.  We saw dozens pass and without any C19 testing they were marked as a viral PNA death, not C19.  I myself saw dozens.  Our group is hundreds of providers...everyone has the same stories.  That's the sad truth.  I see no way in hell deaths are being overreported?  I'd love any physician actually working with these pts to explain what they're seeing to me. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, bullzak said:

Northwestern hospital in Chicago is losing 150,000,000 per month. 

I had surgery and an overnight there last year. Total bill was 100,000.

Jesus Fuck, back when I got a gerbil extracted from my ass it was only like $4K. Thanks Obama...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

A strange, new, viral disease coming out of China !!??  Noooooooo waiiiiiiiii.

Sir please stop pointing out where it came from, that’s racist. Also, we need to close the economy now and lockdown until there is Rat STD contact testing in place. 

13 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I'm tempted to go to the CR version of this thread to check out some of the lunacy that gets thrown around there if these are the talking points on the non political thread.  It must be a fucking free-for-all.

Alas, I shall never give into that temptation.

There’s no way the CR thread is a free for all. It’s only one side of the political persuasion that posts there. It will just be different versions of the same thing posted over and over and over I suspect. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There’s no way the CR thread is a free for all. It’s only one side of the political persuasion that posts there. It will just be different versions of the same thing posted over and over and over I suspect. 

Why don't racist/old people/wypipo not stay home? The people that I want to die.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo
7 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Jesus Fuck, back when I got a gerbil extracted from my ass it was only like $4K. Thanks Obama...

Hey, you know Dr. Maplethorpe?  Me too.  He tell you that story about him on the 14th hole at Medinah CC?  Right on Brutha! 

9 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Deaths are underreported.  By a lot.  

Edit:  Look where the most deaths are, nursing homes.  For the longest time there was very little testing.  We saw dozens pass and without any C19 testing they were marked as a viral PNA death, not C19.  I myself saw dozens.  Our group is hundreds of providers...everyone has the same stories.  That's the sad truth.  I see no way in hell deaths are being overreported?  I'd love any physician actually working with these pts to explain what they're seeing to me. 

You can be coded to both J12 and U07.  Any U07 code will be counted as a COVID death regardless of it is attributed to something else on the death cert.  Simply, they are counting U07, not U07 with J12.8/9 or U07 without J9...etc.

This is how the CDC wants it coded and is reporting.   States may be reporting differently.  NY is reporting this way.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JBJ said:

You can be coded to both J12-J18 and U07.

This is how the CDC wants it coded and they will count this is a COVID death.  NY is coding this way, I dunno if Illinois wants it differently.

My group is in NY.  We are in 28 states.  I’m licensed in 20+.  Cat is out of the bag. I’m not talking about now.  I’m taking about thousands missed in March and April.  In NYC alone.  

What you can and do put on a death certificate are two different things.  Medical directors are paid 2-8k a month by nursing homes.   CMS said a long time ago they’re putting C19 cases and deaths on a public site.  Why would any doc in their building put a questionable death as C19?

• Like 3

Interesting study on deaths of despair secondary to COVID-19:

Report Projects 75,000 “Deaths Of Despair” Stemming From Coronavirus Pandemic

CBS News (5/8, Gordon) reported, “COVID-19 has directly claimed tens of thousands of U.S. lives, but conditions stemming from the novel coronavirus – rampant unemployment, isolation and an uncertain future – could lead to 75,000 deaths from drug or alcohol abuse and suicide,” according to a report published by the Well Being Trust. One expert said that “a lot of patients who don’t have drug use or alcohol problems are drinking more now, sometimes every day from 4 or 5 p.m., and they don’t stop until they sleep.”

Here is the link to the full CBS article:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-deaths-suicides-drugs-alcohol-pandemic-75000/

And the link to the study on the Well Being Trust website:

https://wellbeingtrust.org/areas-of-focus/policy-and-advocacy/reports/projected-deaths-of-despair-during-covid-19/

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

My group is in NY.  We are in 28 states.  I’m licensed in 20+.  Cat is out of the bag. I’m not talking about now.  I’m taking about thousands missed in March and April.  In NYC alone.  

What you can and do put on a death certificate are two different things.  Medical directors are paid 2-8k a month by nursing homes.   CMS said a long time ago they’re putting C19 cases and deaths on a public site.  Why would any doc in their building put a questionable death as C19?

where is the public site?

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This is a good point. 

The death certs are given a broad brush on what counts as a Covid death, but I can see where there is also a broad PR incentive to work in the other direction. 

13 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

It would not surprise me in the least if more people end up dying from Corona lockdown and restrictions than having the actual virus over the next year or two.  Gotta figure that alcohol and drug abuse are worse than ever, combined with depression and other mental illness from isolation is really going to take a toll.  Not to say the restrictions weren't necessary, but that this was always going to be a result attributable to the response.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JBJ said:

You can be coded to both J12 and U07.  Any U07 code will be counted as a COVID death regardless of it is attributed to something else on the death cert.  Simply, they are counting U07, not U07 with J12.8/9 or U07 without J9...etc.

This is how the CDC wants it coded and is reporting.   States may be reporting differently.  NY is reporting this way.

They aren't just counting Covid-19 diagnosis codes anywhere from the medical reporting, but specifically on the death certificate. The fact that more than one contributing factor is listed on the death certificate isn't unusual. And it doesn't seem critically important to me either. The medical professionals involved believed that the Covid-19 was a sufficient enough contributing cause to be listed on the death certificate. 

Guest Lobo

Lots of smart people, including someone from UT's M.D. Anderson, are speaking right now about how to combat this pandemic.  

But you know...fake news and all.  

Report Projects 75,000 “Deaths Of Despair” Stemming From Coronavirus Pandemic CBS News (5/8, Gordon) reported, “COVID-19 has directly claimed tens of thousands of U.S. lives, but conditions stemming from the novel coronavirus – rampant unemployment, isolation and an uncertain future – could lead to 75,000 deaths from drug or alcohol abuse and suicide,” according to a report published by the Well Being Trust. One expert said that “a lot of patients who don’t have drug use or alcohol problems are drinking more now, sometimes every day from 4 or 5 p.m., and they don’t stop until they sleep.”
Here is the link to the full CBS article:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-deaths-suicides-drugs-alcohol-pandemic-75000/
And the link to the study on the Well Being Trust website:
https://wellbeingtrust.org/areas-of-focus/policy-and-advocacy/reports/projected-deaths-of-despair-during-covid-19/

Wait, is that story suggesting that drinking daily from 4 or 5 pm until you go to sleep is bad???
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes I think looking at options to open vs playing politics is important.  Every area is different but we are not seeing enough real analysis.  Also where’s the tracing?  Easier to open with tracing. The feds threw all this to states who are ill equipped to do any of this.  If that’s politics then ban me, bro.  

Our county medical society met yesterday for their monthly social, it was virtual though. Tracing was the biggest topic, second on the list was testing. These are the things they see as necessary to reopening.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo

It's streaming live.  I'm watching it live right now because these are the actual people who will actually save us.  

But as we all know science is just another field of lies perpetrated by the coastal elites.  

If Jesus wanted us to have a vaccine, he'd have given it to us already.

Spain has been able to reduce the number of daily new cases by about 73% from their peak. Italy by 84%. Switzerland by 90+%. USA roughly by 30% (assuming the numbers from the past couple of days hold). Do those other countries have more restrictions in place, or are the people following the restrictions more carefully than in the USA?

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away