CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Look at these Michigan fucks.

(I’m glad Ohio and Michigan took the PR hit on this one because this shit is usually SO Alabama.)

They gonna shoot the virus?

7d8696ed803d282861b8a28b67415d4c.jpg

How are these idiots not just the white equivalent of Islamic extremists?

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I had the same surprise overnight, and it didn't occur to me until seeing your post what happened.  2018 was when Congress passed the "tax cut," which wasn't a tax cut for me because it eliminated my deduction for my Longhorn Foundation contribution and capped my SALT deduction.  So before year-end, we bought two cars and prepaid the Longhorn Foundation for five years.

So my 2018 AGI was for shit.  And as a result, I bizarrely got money in my account overnight.  Good thing I procrastinated in filing my 2019 return.

Sooooo, . . . to what Democratic candidates am I contributing my unexpected windfall?

You should give it to Biden. A 24 hour in home caregiver is expensive.  

• Fuck You 1

"So like, where are you from?"

"Sweetie, I'm from the part of Lansing, Michigan that still hoists the Confederate Flag."

I don't think that's quite the panty-dropper you think it is...

In a follow up to my aunt’s passing, I’ve been given a job to complete.  If anyone in the greater Dallas area would like to give an old cat a new home, please pm me.  I’ll deliver.   If anyone has some contact info for a no-kill animal shelter in the Frisco area that would be appreciated as well.

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

In a follow up to my aunt’s passing, I’ve been given a job to complete.  If anyone in the greater Dallas area would like to give an old cat a new home, please pm me.  I’ll deliver.   If anyone has some contact info for a no-kill animal shelter in the Frisco area that would be appreciated as well.

Watch out. If it curls up in your lap you might be hooked. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If it was In Austin I might take it. Our 18yo cat died in September and I really didn’t miss her until this shit hit. 

Just now, conVINCEd said:

I’m not a cat person, and if I brought it home, I’m pretty sure my lab would murder it within the first hour.

Don't be so sure about that. Seen too many Not a Cat Person get weak. All of mine are rescues in one from or another. One dog and one cat were both inherited from people I never met. Fat Sausage and Chububba. They both lost some weight, but those names stuck. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If I don’t find a taker in the next few days, I’d consider meeting you in Waco.

my wife was studying In grad school at UT Southwestern while I was at UT Austin. Been quite a while since I’ve thought about a Pussy handoff in Waco. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

my wife was studying In grad school at UT Southwestern while I was at UT Austin. Been quite a while since I’ve thought about a Pussy handoff in Waco. 

This is why I never put you on ignore when you go into your both sides shit. 😏

Edited by 4th&Five

30 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

What day will Ted Nugent join in the festivities.

He ain't lived up there in years. He might retreat from around Waco in the summer but he's got a place down here.

The only reason I know this is because Bourdain went to see him. He got a lot of flak for it too. 

10 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

That may be GOP SOP, but Trump is the absolute master of gaslighting.  Every failure is someone else’s fault.  Every success is his own.  And oh, how they persecute him!  All those meanies jealous of his genius and his munificence. They just want to see him fail.  If his followers suffer, it is only because Trump’s detractors want them to suffer and not because he’s robbing them blind and fucking them over to satisfy his own narcissistic lust for power, adulation, and money.  No, no.  It is the critics’ fault! The heretics! The unbelievers!

We elected Jim Jones to the presidency.  It’s a sad fact of human nature that so many of us are so fucking stupid and gullible that we routinely fall prey to obvious con artists.  

I wouldn't say he's a master, he's just so unbelievably relentless and uncompromising about it. In situations where most people would possess some level of shame at the epic amount of intellectual dishonesty being spewed, he trudges forward without the least bit of guilt or fear that it will damage his credibility. 

It needs to be repeated, apparently over and over again:  the CR is not "liberal".  The majority of participants are actually conservative by nature, but smart enough to see the malfeasance that is being foisted on this country by what started as the "Tea Party".
I have zero doubt that, were the political state of this country to revert to where it was a while back, many of the CR regulars would also align themselves with that movement.  They're not hippies (well not, all of them).

It does not need to be repeated.

42 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I wouldn't say he's a master, he's just so unbelievably relentless and uncompromising about it. In situations where most people would possess some level of shame at the epic amount of intellectual dishonesty being spewed, he trudges forward without the least bit of guilt or fear that it will damage his credibility. 

I actually believe he has no idea he's lying.  I think the "truth" for him is whatever pops into his head at any given point in time.  When he contradicts himself, he either doesn't recall any contradictory statements he might have made, or he just doesn't recognize the contradiction at all.  When he tells a lie, to him it's true.

I don't think he harbors a shred of the ability to discern right from wrong.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I actually believe he has no idea he's lying.  I think the "truth" for him is whatever pops into his head at any given point in time.  When he contradicts himself, he either doesn't recall any contradictory statements he might have made, or he just doesn't recognize the contradiction at all.  When he tells a lie, to him it's true.

I don't think he harbors a shred of the ability to discern right from wrong.

Yeah, this is how NPD works.