CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

8 minutes ago, lmao said:

Interesting to see how the goal posts will get moved after the 'It's not FDA approved' argument can no longer be used. I think it will be simply attacking the FDA as not being trustworthy, what do you think?

I think you are a dumbass, to be polite.

But to your point; if Jesus came back to Earth tomorrow and mandated vaccines or you will spend your eternity in Hell the folks who are anti-vaxx would embrace the inevitable underworld.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

The only critics asking if this was rushed are Cletus, Jurlene, their friend Daryl and his other brother Daryl who sell Ivermectin down at Tractor Supply plus their Uncle Dad who took a Hydrochloroqine Beach colonic back in the summer of 2020.

Edited by Macanudo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Do y’all remember the AIDS panic urban legend about gays or junkies or gay junkies hiding AIDS needles in gas pump handles and movie theater seat cushions? 

I bring it up because I have an idea to get more shots in people.

Did not see you as being a needle-hiding junkie, but I am a Big Tent type of guy, c'mon in,

51 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

What an absolute piece of shit. 

900,000 comedians out of work, and she wanted to be funny.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Don't forget the "mark of the beast" reason.  Fucking evangelicals dragging around their tracking device cell phones, their driver's licenses, and their credit cards. OO OO OOH and their Sam's Club cards.

fixed it so we could concentrate on speaking in tongues.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

We actually figured out that it says in our university policies that "face-to-face" means that you meet in person "for at least 50% of the class sessions." So a bunch of the faculty not scheduled to teach online are choosing to teach online for the first 3 weeks.

I am trying to exude from my pores that there will be "no questions asked" if people stay home for any reason, and just do the work that I mail out to everyone. You'd think they'd all pick up on that, but there are always a couple of literal-minded students that you have to spell it out for, which, if I do so, will be said in a low voice in person and not written on the eternal internet where some Montgomery education bureaucrat with the self-awareness of a stick of butter can see it.

Everything I do this semester, I feel like the Young Indiana Jones deliberately losing the attack orders at Verdun so 10,000 men can live one more day. Plus, these kids (almost all are freshmen) are like trusting puppies, willing to jump through hoops. After years of cynical world-weary students, they send me trusting puppies, now, of all times.

My one old dude is a granddad who was an M-1 tanker. How did I live long enough to meet a granddad who drove an M-1? They just designed the M-1 last week, right before the Tiffany Mall Tour, right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:
Her followers gonna go from 1,300 to 1,300,000 by tonight

I’ve already added her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COJZ2a8A4Lk/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

And there’s not a guy in a single pic. She has a Pride pic too so maybe she’s …

/RandyMarshEctoplasmGIF

Edited by C-Man

50 years ago they knew they were not the smartest, best educated people.

This was meant to apply to all science-y stuff, world affairs, climatology, medicine, etc.

But being good at stuff does not make you a critical thinker. My mechanic is way talented at his craft, but not, not a critical thinker.

5 hours ago, Eastwood said:

For a lot of them, it's a John Locke social contract level of survival. I had a heart to heart with my mom a couple of days ago about how I realize that she moved out of state and lives in a small town and her church group are the only friends that she has. Of course she feels she has to parrot all of the talking points and question the vaccine. Her friendships and social survival depend on it. It's all she hears about every day. She has probably seen others ostracized and banished over opposing opinions. So, no matter how long she has been in the medical field, no matter how many infectious disease continuing education sessions she's been in, and even when her own eyes tell her the real story when she works in a local care facility, her social well-being depends on toeing the line.

My rural roots will always give me an avenue of sympathy for these people. I've been there. I lived it. I know the community pressure they are under. And in a lot of those towns, the youth that would be a benefit to those towns go off to college and never come back because Muleshoe or Iraan or El Campo or Trinity have nothing to offer an educated individual trying to earn the best living possible. On top of that, the internet has become a window into the urban settings that rural youth didn't have in the 90s and early 00s. So, indoctrination of the idea that big city living is a horror show doesn't work anymore, either. Rural America, deep down, knows that it is dying. Not just from COVID, but from lack of progress. The communities that do remain are tight-knit because they feel like they are fighting for survival. Of course they are going to act like this. In a very fascist way, the rural people better hit that like button on Facebook and stay on message, or they lose the only friends and connections they have.

Unfortunately for them, progress always drags people forward, eventually, no matter how much they kick and scream over it.

Excellent post. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

If, and that's a big if, I had an anti-vax, ivermectin and HCQ fan co-worker who came down with the 'Rona, would it be frowned upon to sign the get well card, "Congratulations on fucking around.  Hope you don't die from finding out.  SM."?  Cause I don't want to get talked about, or shunned.

I’m waiting for my first opportunity.  Everyone I know who had it bad was pre delta and vaccine.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That about covers it.

These are people who would deny that the law of gravity exists as they are simultaneously plummeting towards the earth.  Not only do facts and evidence not convince them - they cause them to double-down on their idiocy.

I think it boils down to this: A whole lot of people would rather die under the delusion that they are right and good than live and face a reality where they are equal parts idiot, asshole and instrument of evil.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

These people should be pelted with shit every time they step out in public.

Role-play scenario: You can get hit in the head with a baseball bat, or you can wear one of these helmets (with no promise of getting hit.)

Ooh I dunno that's a hard scenario...

• Hook 'Em 2