CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I was just in a GQP state ER on Saturday. Got right into a room at 11PM. Not one part when I was there did I see anything about patients being denied care due to full hospitals.

Extremely anecdotal but guess what…so is yours as much as you hate to read it

Shut the fuck up Rocko.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You respond to everything I post. You’re the same fucking loser in other forums on this board with the same old “take it to CR you pansy”. And when it does, it’s met with lame, unimaginative shit like this.

You live in CR 8 hours day because your life has no purpose. I don’t come to CR to hold dicks. I come to express my beliefs. People obviously because who’s in the middle of the bee swarm? It ain’t you.

Fuck you

Hope that post made you feel better.

Your beliefs espoused here, if sincerely held, show that you are an idiot. But maybe you’re just a troll though, hard to tell. 

I was just in a GQP state ER on Saturday. Got right into a room at 11PM. Not one part when I was there did I see anything about patients being denied care due to full hospitals.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You weren’t at a level 1 ER in Dallas. And it’s not anecdotal. Not many of the community hospitals are full. But if you need higher level of care you are fucked. 

I get weekly emails re the ICU and general bed availability for 2 of the level 1 hospitals in Dallas. Both remain at capacity with no elective surgery availability. Ability to accept transfers for higher level of care changes daily 

Dude stop responding. He’s off his fucking meds. Don’t add his bullshit on top of the real world shit you have to deal with. 

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dude stop responding. He’s off his fucking meds. Don’t add his bullshit on top of the real world shit you have to deal with. 

Gives him a chance to holler. It would be great if he managed to convince him, but that's not why I respond.

I get to holler at idiots. That's the sum total of my motivation.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve been in practice for 20+ years. Add training and it’s almost 30. I have never seen a level 1 trauma center go on divert    prior to covid. Never. It’s now a regular occurrence in a service area with 6. And it’s not because of a staffing shortage due to workers refusing the vaccine. It’s because a shitload of unvaccinated people are getting really sick and dying

You are fake news. What do you know about medical care and hospitals and shit? Nothing compared to a second shift assistant manager at a Hardee’s near The Cities (I presume that’s his gig. I could be wrong. It might be a Burger King.)

This shit is going to be no fun. Being an employer with over 100 employees (who happen to all have easily marketable skill sets) in a state that is full of people that lean a certain way politically is going to make whatever the DOL rolls out a whole bunch of fun for us. We already have employees getting stirred up tonight with zero idea what the DOL is actually going to roll out. They just know what their Facebook friends are telling them and they are already off in left field. Being a large employer in the current environment is about to the point of just plain sucking. The answer is so simple, yet people continue to ignore it.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

27 minutes ago, Brew said:

This shit is going to be no fun. Being an employer with over 100 employees (who happen to all have easily marketable skill sets) in a state that is full of people that lean a certain way politically is going to make whatever the DOL rolls out a whole bunch of fun for us. We already have employees getting stirred up tonight with zero idea what the DOL is actually going to roll out. They just know what their Facebook friends are telling them and they are already off in left field. Being a large employer in the current environment is about to the point of just plain sucking. The answer is so simple, yet people continue to ignore it.

Yeah I’m eager to hear more about the details. It’s easy enough to say it, but a lot of companies will be scrambling trying to figure this out over the next few days and weeks.

I think there will be enough people requiring it that your concerns about losing talent will ease up. There will be some small companies that will get their pick of the unvaccinated though

40 minutes ago, Brew said:

Whatever, “employment at will” is an American mantra. No vaccine? Get the fuck out of the job then.

Its hilarious that republicans are all workers rights all of a sudden now. GTFO with your bullshit crocodile tears.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

It’s amazing that it has gotten this far.  The president has to order us to save ourselves because we are too dumb to do it anyway.  Nobody likes to be told what to do, but we have basically devolved as a species that it is now required for basic stuff. 

merica-this-is-america.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

It’s amazing that it has gotten this far.  The president has to order us to save ourselves because we are too dumb to do it anyway.  Nobody likes to be told what to do, but we have basically devolved as a species that it is now required for basic stuff. 

You can't fix stupid.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

Here's an anecdote. FIL needs open heart surgery and it is delayed for a week-plus due to dipshit unvaxed taking up hospital beds. And if I found out one of the healthcare workers who will take care of him was unvaxed, I would lose my fucking mind.
  • Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Whatever, “employment at will” is an American mantra. No vaccine? Get the fuck out of the job then.

Its hilarious that republicans are all workers rights all of a sudden now. GTFO with your bullshit crocodile tears.

You remain a fucking idiot with no clue and absolutely zero reading comprehension. It’s not the workers rights that I have a problem with, it’s how to effectively administer this with multiple locations in multiple states full of people that think the government is the boogey man. I’m also one of the only ones in our locations that exceeds 100 people with very marketable skill sets, so those employees that don’t want to get vaccinated or tested can easily move on which creates a significant problem for us. The 100 employee cutoff creates a real divide line that puts my company at risk in the locations we operate in. I’ve already received several emails regarding employees threatening to quit if we follow the policy (which doesn’t even exist at this point) and again they can have a job tomorrow at a company that falls under the cutoff.

So just to make it clear for your dumbass, these situations of selective enforcement create significant real world problems that some people on this board have to deal with. I have no problem with a vaccine mandate, required testing, whatever to get this shit under control, but when my company has to address it differently than the firm across the street it is going to cause me real world problems that suck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brew said:

You remain a fucking idiot with no clue and absolutely zero reading comprehension. It’s not the workers rights that I have a problem with, it’s how to effectively administer this with multiple locations in multiple states full of people that think the government is the boogey man. I’m also one of the only ones in our locations that exceeds 100 people with very marketable skill sets, so those employees that don’t want to get vaccinated or tested can easily move on which creates a significant problem for us. The 100 employee cutoff creates a real divide line that puts my company at risk in the locations we operate in. I’ve already received several emails regarding employees threatening to quit if we follow the policy (which doesn’t even exist at this point) and again they can have a job tomorrow at a company that falls under the cutoff.

So just to make it clear for your dumbass, these situations of selective enforcement create significant real world problems that some people on this board have to deal with. I have no problem with a vaccine mandate, required testing, whatever to get this shit under control, but when my company has to address it differently than the firm across the street it is going to cause me real world problems that suck.

Why would you want anti science, selfish pricks working for your business and representing your interests? Seems like a win/win to me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Brew said:

Two questions, the first of which I could probably google, but maybe you know:

1.  does the proposal apply only to specific corporate offices with greater than 100 employees on site, or does it apply to the sum total of all employees, regardless of location?

2.  what are some of the real world problems it's going to cause you?  Is your concern just employee retention as you expect some to get poached by smaller firms?

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What is the rationale for the 100 employee criteria?  Is there something that magic number that gives BOL certain rule making authority that they do not have on smaller businesses?

Genuinely not sure if there's a real reason for it, but I'm presuming it's a preemptive parry against right wing "killing small business with regulations" rhetoric. I don't agree with it, but it adds up

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Two questions, the first of which I could probably google, but maybe you know:

1.  does the proposal apply only to specific corporate offices with greater than 100 employees on site, or does it apply to the sum total of all employees, regardless of location?

2.  what are some of the real world problems it's going to cause you?  Is your concern just employee retention as you expect some to get poached by smaller firms?

1. It will be up to the DOL. My preliminary understanding is that it will be 100 total due to the regulations they are rolling it out under. Our HR attorney is just giving us general thoughts as of now

2. We operate in southern states where this is way too political. Several large employees have gone to mandatory vaccinations/testing and it has created a lot of turnover already. There are still 1000 questions that need to be answered, but we’re already seeing kick back from some employees. A lot will depend on whether work from home is excluded as we can go remote with at least a portion of our workforce. I’m not in an industry where I can train someone to flip burgers tomorrow and be back up and going which makes this challenging.

Again, I have zero issue with the concept, I have an issue with the hard cutoff on employee numbers. I understand why it’s been done this way and the regulations they are trying to get it under, but it creates a problem for those it applies to while others get to use it as a selling point. There are 45k or so accounting firms in the country, there are less than roughly 300 that employee 100+ people. This whole thing is out of control at this point and something needs to be done to reel in infection rates especially in the states we operate in, but I would prefer a wholesale across the board approach.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Genuinely not sure if there's a real reason for it, but I'm presuming it's a preemptive parry against right wing "killing small business with regulations" rhetoric. I don't agree with it, but it adds up

I don’t have the hard guidance yet, but my understanding is that there are OSHA regulations that have already been through court that this will roll out under. Those regs have applied to employers with more than 100 employees. That is also why there is a testing alternative rather than a vaccine mandate.

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What is the rationale for the 100 employee criteria?  Is there something that magic number that gives BOL certain rule making authority that they do not have on smaller businesses?

I had the same question but figured the answer was obvious and I was just oblivious.  I mean, I guess there is some generic level of increased risk with more people on site, but that's going to vary a lot.  I tend to think @Captainant is probably right -- the Biden administration doesn't want to appear to be killing off small businesses.  Or, as @Brew said, it's easier to administrate under existing OSHA guidelines.  (I always thought those applied to companies of 50 or more, but maybe something has changed.)

A simple thought experiment tells us that if 100% of workers in the 50 states were mandated to get the vaccine, there would be zero employee turnover because of the mandate.  Maybe exclude work from home employees.  It's not practical, but neither is losing almost 2,000 Americans each day, yet here we are.

Edited by jimmyjazz

Interesting hypothetical I’m going over in my mind- say you are a company that has 103 employees. Most of them happily got vaccinated. Your most valuable employee, by whatever metric, refuses vaccination and refuses testing because freedom. If you don’t want to lose that employee, do you look at terminating multiple employees that are less valuable to get under 100?  Look to take some to contractor (assuming that makes a difference in the edict)?  Those actions would presumably punish the employees that are doing the right thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand the reporter's decision and that of her doctors as I assume they are advising her against getting the vaccine. It doesn't affect her fertility and the doctor from Baylor in a different video advised women in her situation to take the vaccine so that she can share the antibodies with the newborn when she becomes a mother. 
Since she doesn't want to take the vaccine, she is better off staying home so she doesn't get sick when traveling and being in very large crowds. 
Wait until her husband eats horse paste and starts firing blanks.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Interesting hypothetical I’m going over in my mind- say you are a company that has 103 employees. Most of them happily got vaccinated. Your most valuable employee, by whatever metric, refuses vaccination and refuses testing because freedom. If you don’t want to lose that employee, do you look at terminating multiple employees that are less valuable to get under 100?  Look to take some to contractor (assuming that makes a difference in the edict)?  Those actions would presumably punish the employees that are doing the right thing. 

If you can afford to lose 3 employees to keep one, you weren't doing something right in the first place, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1