Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

6 hours ago, Post Oak said:

It's because he's a 54 year old man who doesn't know who he is at a core level.  He doesn't know what he believes in  He talks like he does but he doesn't. So his kettlebelled brain is able to be easily influenced and to an extent be intellectually bullied.  His insecurities allow him to be manipulated.  

It's happened to millions of Americans and he's maybe the most famous one.

It's not only that he and millions like him don't know how they are, it's that he basically wants to be friends with every one of his guests.  He also wants to play the stupid "just asking questions" game because he's too chickenshit to admit his beliefs openly, thereby running the risk of offending his followers, and he wants as many people to like him as possible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

neil young has long been vocal, like you say. caused quite a stir in the south back in the day, with southern man, alabama, etc. 

I wasn’t paying attention to the timeline back then. I assume Robert Hunter and Jerry had some things to say, too.

”Alabama Getaway”

Spoiler
Thirty two teeth in a jawbone
Alabama cryin' for none
Before I have to hit him
I hope he's got the sense to run
Reason those poor girls love him
Promise them anything
Reason they believe him
He wears a big diamond ring
Alabama getaway
Alabama getaway
Only way to please me
Turn around and leave
And walk away 
Majordomo Billy Bojangles
Sit down and have a drink with me
What's this about Alabama
Keeps comin' back to me?
Heard your plea in the courthouse
Jury box began to rock and rise
Forty-nine sister states all had
Alabama in their eyes
Alabama getaway
Alabama getaway
Only way to please me
Turn around and leave
And walk away
Why don't we just give Alabama
Rope enough to hang himself?
Ain't no call to worry the jury
His kind takes care of itself
Twenty-third Psalm Majordomo
Reserve me a table for three
In the Valley of the Shadow
Just you, Alabama and me
Alabama getaway
Alabama getaway
Only way to please me
Turn around and leave
And walk away

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2022-01-28/joni-mitchell-music-removed-spotify-neil-young-joe-rogan?fbclid=IwAR2XYkOtwrkuT3YRm-5fSjzJ84VP8TKNd-K9FTDJgil9LEz-rU90cUElO4Q

Fucking Gen X always fucked. We have irrelevant, washed up Boomers trying to get attention and Gen Z grievance studies majors that believe men can have babies censoring what is "science." I would put on my Docs and go slap olds and instahoes but I am too apathetic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/29/2022 at 2:57 PM, Anastasis said:

Speaking of dumbasses and HCQ, whatever happened to @triplehorn.  Did that dude stroke out or something?  Anyone know him in real life and doing a well check?

On 1/29/2022 at 3:25 PM, F250 said:

Shit, I forgot about that guy. I hope he didn't find out the hard way.

For some reason this reminds me of a passage from Steve Martin's Cruel Shoes:

THE UNDERTAKERS

Spoiler

Old Pops bad been stone cold dead for two days.  He  was  rigid,  gruesome  and  had turned slightly green and now he lay on a slab at the undertakers, about to be  embalmed by two lovable old morticians.

"At  least  he  lived  to  a  ripe  age,"  said one.

"Yep," said the other. "Well, let's get to ‘er."

Suddenly, Old Pops bolted upright and without  opening  his  eyes,  began  to  utter this story:

"In  1743,  Captain  Rice  set  sail  from England  with  an  unreliable  and  mutinous crew. After three days at sea, the mast of the mainsail  splintered,  and  then  broke  completely  in  half.  The  ship  tossed  about  at  sea for  two  days;  the  men  mutinied,  and  the ship tossed about for another two days. At the end of the third day, a ship appeared on the  horizon  and rescued them and good Captain Rice failed to mention to the admiral  the  incident  of  mutiny, and  his  crew became  faithful  and  hard-working  and  devoted themselves to their captain."

Old  Pops  laid  back  down  on  the  marble.

"Well,"  said one  mortician, "there  goes the old saying, 'dead men tell no tales'!"

• Hook 'Em 1

It takes a special brand of stupid to characterize an artist being affronted by people with a large audience spreading vaccine misinformation for a vaccine promoted by virtually all health care professionals as “agree with the gubment or else.”  And walking the walk at that. Truly. 

But at least he’s taking a break from calling rep. omar an incestual terrorist or race baiting virtually every football thread he touches.  I suppose that is a kind of progress. 

• Hook 'Em 6

21 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Can't we all agree that it's bizarro world when 60s "counterculture" artists in 2022 are like "agree with the gubment or else!"

Do you really see it this way?

The scientific and medical community isn't the government.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Damn, I just looked, Trump was born 4 years earlier than John Candy.  If Candy were still around, he'd be a good stand-in for Trump on SNL, etc.

I don’t remember ever seeing Candy play an unlikable character or someone who is inherently bad. I’m sure I’ve missed some of his stuff but… man he was good at obnoxious but lovable.

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

All decisions regarding the Covid Vaccine have been made by the government.

So since the USDA exists we can say that the meat and dairy industry is the equivalent of the government and vegans are really just anarchists?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Some people don’t trust the government.

50 or so years ago the counter-culture was at least partially based on don’t trust the government.

Because of unjust wars and the refusal to grant civil/reproductive rights. 

Stupidity is a GOP prereq.

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Here in 2021, Republicans don't trust the government because a Republican President and Republican Congress critters tell them not to trust the government, all the while said President and his lackeys did things to make sure people don't trust the government from January 2017 to January 2021.

It's like a mechanic telling you not to trust the wheels on your car after he just punctured them.

"That mechanic, he shore do no a lot about tires, hay my tire is flat, he was right!"

republicans and especially trumpers don't trust the government and especially the vaccine that trump, the runaway leader for the 2024 gop nomination, constantly brags about creating.

only in america. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

There has never been anything close to a full shutdown in two years by the government yet the response has been mischaracterized as "tyranny!!!' by Fox News and right-wing seditionist traitors who think it's akin to the holocaust to ask our citizens to wear masks, get vaccinated, and not be a complete fucking dumbass by buying tickets to that Sunday brunch bus tour with fifty other strangers.

Those right-wing traitor types all thought they were Billy Badass who could survive the Russians, Chinamen, or Norks or whoever parachuting in and attacking Amerka, all the while it turns out that telling them not to eat at Applebees or Chilis' or get a haircut at Supercuts for a few months would give them crippling hysteria and put them on the ground in the fetal position, as swiftly as a kick to the balls.

• Hook 'Em 1