Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

18 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

One of our biggest responsibilities as nurses, whether in the ICU setting, a sexual health practice, or any patient-facing nursing role, is to translate medical jargon into plain English so our patients can be fully educated on their health. One of the best parts of the job, too, at least when it comes to sexual health, because, ya know, people love to fuck and generally want to fuck safely.

No, I love to fuck dangerously.  But I like before and after parts to be safe and healthy.  

If you're not doing something in the sack that makes you worry, "God, I hope she doesn't look at me weird at breakfast tomorrow"  You're not living your best life.

But yes, safety first.  Shame washes away easier than a UTI, it turns out.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I am going to quibble, strongly, with the first bolded statement.  Much of the leadership on pandemic measures has come from local governments -- cities, counties, public health departments.  I know a lot of people in that line of work.  And, while it's like any other line of work -- some heroes, some duds, lots of folks in-between -- the biggest motivator for almost all of those folks is to actually be of service to their community.  Most of those jobs don't pay a whole bunch, or come with a lot of perks and glory.  They truly and genuinely want to do the right thing to make their community better.  I have been on the phone with such people in crisis at all hours of the night over any number of issues -- and they aren't interested in covering their own asses, they are interested in addressing the problem.

image.gif.eb2e787382e25823d8151e6520b71602.gif

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

No, I love to fuck dangerously.  But I like before and after parts to be safe and healthy.  

If you're not doing something in the sack that makes you worry, "God, I hope she doesn't look at me weird at breakfast tomorrow"  You're not living your best life.

But yes, safety first.  Shame washes away easier than a UTI, it turns out.

Have a hard time imagining you experiencing sexual shame tbh. I wish that I hadn't even imagined it, but here we are. 

And I mean as long as everyone is consenting and in a position to actually consent, I tell my patients that sexual safety is pretty much taking every necessary and appropriate-to-your-context measure to protect yourself and your partners from STIs and permanent/traumatic bodily harm. So let's talk about what that looks like for you [the patient].

I'd recommend getting tested every three months at a minimum. Won't cost ya a dime.

• Fuck You 1

Only woman I've been with in the last 21+ years is my wife, no swinging, no groups, no drugs, no key parties.  Sorry to put that image to you.  

I was just riffing on your quote, that's all.  

14 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

And of course, they said no such thing. They did say it had an “antiviral effect,” but that does not mean “effective against Omicron.”

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/japans-kowa-says-ivermectin-effective-against-omicron-phase-iii-trial-2022-01-31/

The original Reuters story misstated that ivermectin was "effective" against Omicron in Phase III clinical trials, which are conducted in humans.

I doubt Rogan will acknowledge the correction, though.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Only woman I've been with in the last 21+ years is my wife, no swinging, no groups, no drugs, no key parties.  Sorry to put that image to you.  

I was just riffing on your quote, that's all.  

I figured! I just wanted to give my spiel so maybe some of the true degenerates here would be a little inspired to be proactive with their sexual health and ethics.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

But why?

Why get tested every three months? 

1 minute ago, trauma babe said:

I figured! I just wanted to give my spiel so maybe some of the true degenerates here would be a little inspired to be proactive with their sexual health and ethics.

Seems like a pretty blanket recommendation. Although Lobo is probably pretty suspect. 

3 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Yeah, if I was single and sexually active.  Or having affairs on the side, I would be getting tested manically in this day and age.  I mean, I'm sure it's the same battery of STD's that there was 20-30 years ago.  But it seems like, at least right before Covid, single people were having way more partners.  Not necessarily more sex, but more partners.  And from the HIV film strip, and they give it to 2, and then all of them give it to 4, and then all of them give it 8.  The few single female friends/relatives we have...their "boyfriend" or sidepiece or married guy they're having affair with all think this woman is totally devoted and just waiting for him to call.  Meanwhile, She can't text him back 'cause she's got two dicks in her hands.  I'm all for the sexual liberation of all people's in our puritan society.  But holy shit, I'd have rapid tests in the nightstand drawer were I back on the scene again.  

On 1/30/2022 at 6:57 PM, Incredulity said:

Some people don’t trust the government.

50 or so years ago the counter-culture was at least partially based on don’t trust the government.

I hope all those geniuses who “don’t trust the government” refuse all pharmaceuticals for any condition they may acquire. You know, because all decisions made regarding every single drug has been made by the government 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

And of course, they said no such thing. They did say it had an “antiviral effect,” but that does not mean “effective against Omicron.”

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/japans-kowa-says-ivermectin-effective-against-omicron-phase-iii-trial-2022-01-31/

The original Reuters story misstated that ivermectin was "effective" against Omicron in Phase III clinical trials, which are conducted in humans.

I doubt Rogan will acknowledge the correction, though.

In addition to the change from “effective” to “shows antiviral effect” it changed from stage 3 trials to “non-clinical research”  and no details were provided by the “researchers” so they could have added enough ivermectin to a petri dish to change the ph enough to kill anything alive. 

similarly I could poor bleach into a dish and show an antiviral effect but what would that have to do with human dosing?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Seems like a pretty blanket recommendation. Although Lobo is probably pretty suspect. 

Eh, if you're monogamous and within a healthy, trustworthy relationship, getting tested every six months is plenty. Shit happens, even in monogamy (more often for the person with a vagina, but getting trichomonas in your dong can't be fun). Once a year is a good minimum, if for no other reason than having a syphilis test on record every year can mean the difference between getting two injections in your ass or six. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, if I was single and sexually active.  Or having affairs on the side, I would be getting tested manically in this day and age.  I mean, I'm sure it's the same battery of STD's that there was 20-30 years ago.  But it seems like, at least right before Covid, single people were having way more partners.  Not necessarily more sex, but more partners.  And from the HIV film strip, and they give it to 2, and then all of them give it to 4, and then all of them give it 8.  The few single female friends/relatives we have...their "boyfriend" or sidepiece or married guy they're having affair with all think this woman is totally devoted and just waiting for him to call.  Meanwhile, She can't text him back 'cause she's got two dicks in her hands.  I'm all for the sexual liberation of all people's in our puritan society.  But holy shit, I'd have rapid tests in the nightstand drawer were I back on the scene again.  

Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV rates in Texas are skyrocketing over the last few years, including congenital cases. Very sad, and completely preventable

If you will allow me one more speech:

We can prevent a person from contracting HIV as long as they can take a pill once a day consistently (and minimal side effects!). We can prevent an HIV-positive person from transmitting the virus to another person, even with unprotected sex, as long as that person can take a pill once every day consistently.

A positive diagnosis is no longer a death sentence (I know many of you know this). It's now just a change in perspective. A true sexual revolution.

HIV will be cured in my lifetime.

Edited by trauma babe
Words
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Eh, if you're monogamous and within a healthy, trustworthy relationship, getting tested every six months is plenty. Shit happens, even in monogamy (more often for the person with a vagina, but my dudes, getting trichomonas in your dong can't be fun). Once a year is a good minimum, if for no other reason than having a syphilis test on record every year can mean the difference between getting two injections in your ass or six. 

Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV rates in Texas are skyrocketing over the last few years, including congenital cases. Very sad, and completely preventable

If you will allow me one more speech:

We can prevent a person from contracting HIV as long as they can take a pill once a day consistently (and minimal side effects!). We can prevent an HIV-positive person from transmitting the virus to another person, even with unprotected sex, as long as that person can take a pill once every day consistently.

A positive diagnosis is no longer a death sentence (I know many of you know this). It's now just a change in perspective. A true sexual revolution.

HIV will be cured in my lifetime.

debbie-downer-womp-womp.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Tweet was deleted. What did I miss?

Well, although she violated a number of HIPAA laws...we found out that Joe Rogan is not testing often enough and probably has syphilis.  

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

similarly I could poor bleach into a dish and show an antiviral effect but what would that have to do with human dosing?

“So I was right all along. I have a great mind, the greatest mind, many say. Just injecting a bit of bleach and getting some sun could have prevented this whole thing. But Fauci. He and the other lying traitors on the other aisle wanted to wreck the economy, and the media wouldn’t let you know the truth. Possibly the greatest truth of all time”. - TFG 

16 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I'm not a Joni Mitchell fan

You should do something about that. Ladies of the Canyon, Blue, and Court and Spark are all recommended listening (and, imo, should be part of your record collection). And I’ll never tire of this performance from one of the all time great rock concerts:

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, smuggs said:

Or "Y.M.C.A."

donald-trump-dancing.gif

In all the different ways that I can’t understand how anyone thinks highly of this guy in any way, shape, or form, this one might be the most baffling example. Look at this goddamn fool. Wtf is wrong with people? How anyone can look at that and cheer, thinking, “Yep, that’s my guy,” will be forever beyond my full comprehension. I mean, sure, I get all the little ways like ignorance, fear, intolerance, and hate. But look at him. LOOK AT HIM!!

This will give that a run for its money, though:

1d544288056e94baeef478c8debe61a0.jpg

Fucking buffoon. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Yeah, I know these guys like to whine about how we aren’t willing to debate them, but the simple fact is we can’t because they’re too uninformed to have anything meaningful to contribute. The DT crowd seriously thinks “government policy = fascism.” There’s no room to debate with them because they’re just too fucking dumb to engage with grown up facts and ideas.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, I know these guys like to whine about how we aren’t willing to debate them, but the simple fact is we can’t because they’re too uninformed to have anything meaningful to contribute. The DT crowd seriously thinks “government policy = fascism.” There’s no room to debate with them because they’re just too fucking dumb to engage with grown up facts and ideas.

These are the same people who are earnestly saying "the antifa fascists" and arguing to take horse dewormer to fight a respiratory viral infection. They're people of the land, the common clay of the new west.

Ya know, morons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

These are the same people who are earnestly saying "the antifa fascists" and arguing to take horse dewormer to fight a respiratory viral infection. They're people of the land, the common clay of the new west.

Ya know, morons.

It's effects are actually vascular. I learned that on JRE. But whatevs.

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2022 at 1:22 AM, hpslugga said:

So why are they asserting that hydroxychloroquine, which is made by Sanofi, and Ivermectin, which is made by Merck, are valid treatments for COVID? I mean you couldn’t have picked two medications that are more Big Pharma than those. Mere skepticism doesn’t drive that kind of idiocy. That’s driven by an overconfidence in an ability they do not actually possess. “Everyone in the CDC is wrong, but I’m not!”

Again, it’s not so much the skepticism, it’s their idiotic alternative suggestions. It’s not enough to cast doubt on what mainstream medical communities are recommending. To actually prove they’re wrong, you also have to suggest valid alternatives, and they fail rather spectacularly at that. The whole entire premise behind what they’re saying is the ugly cousin of the God of the gaps fallacy: “I don’t believe science provided by Big Pharma, therefore magic (which again is also attributed to Big Pharma)”

[Snip]

Science basically works like a game of king of the hill. Something assumes the role of king, and everyone else has the absolute right to, within certain guidelines, knock it off and if they succeed, they’re the new “king” unless and until someone else knocks them off. Much as the Joe Bros want to believe it, Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine haven’t even come close to knocking off monoclonal. Vaccination has never come close to being knocked of by non-vaccination. You don’t win king of the hill by declaring yourself king from the bottom of the fucking hill.

Several things (logic fallacies) going on.  One of the contributors to this is that these people have such simple thinking that in their game of King of the Hill their mind cannot deal with changing landscape.  So when a new variant comes out that acts differently they claim that it proves the measures not working now did not work against a previous method.

Two, everything is all or nothing and there are not multiple levels of defense.  If a mask is not 100% effective it is a waste (Absolutism). 

Three, anything that is a simple and not a one-shot plan is too complicated; the concept of having a mask to reduce exposure, plus a vaccine to deal with anything that gets through, plus diet and exercise to improve your general health is BS.  They say that the best plan is to just get it and take a treatment someone made up as working that way they only worry about having horse paste on hand to treat themselves because prevention is too complicated. 

Four, to them winning (getting to the top of the hill) is all about the sound bite or verbal cheap shot and in the best of cases all they have are exceptions where something in the line of defenses fails (mask, vaccine, etc.). Ignoring that the people that were vaccinated had better outcomes than those without. They are all about the exceptions and not the trends so they can "win".

On 1/29/2022 at 6:08 AM, Bravo said:

FYI those 2 drugs you mentioned are generic and can be produced by any company. They're not super profitable branded drugs anymore. 

And Five, there has been thought for a while now, with justification, that new expensive drugs are pushed where acceptable options are already in the generic pipeline to feed the R&D budgets.  So they will ascribe this to stuff that does not work because they feel it has happened before so it must be happening now.

• Hook 'Em 3

I don't know why I'm even wasting the time to type this, because these idiot contrarians are clearly not rational, but it's still...funny I guess, to me that their irrationality plays out how it does. Like with ivermectin, ok, I can sort of understand early on hearing some of the good news about ivermectin and having hopes for its efficacy. I can understand that your hopes for it might be even higher than other peoples' if you're suspicious about "big pharma" pushing the "experimental vaccine" because they have a profit incentive. There's already some issues there with your understanding of how the profit motive can corrupt decision-making, but you're not wrong to be a suspicious of it.

But we've known for months now that multiple studies that were believed to be the best indication of ivermectin's efficacy were absolutely riddled with fraud. Not just mistaken analysis, actual fraud in their datasets. So if you're suspicious of how the profit motive can corrupt science, this should be a pretty big fucking alarm bell, because why would anyone fraudulently invent data to prove a treatment worked? It seems like it'd be easy enough to move on to some new alternative treatment. But no, they keep clinging to ivermectin.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't know why I'm even wasting the time to type this, because these idiot contrarians are clearly not rational, but it's still...funny I guess, to me that their irrationality plays out how it does. Like with ivermectin, ok, I can sort of understand early on hearing some of the good news about ivermectin and having hopes for its efficacy. I can understand that your hopes for it might be even higher than other peoples' if you're suspicious about "big pharma" pushing the "experimental vaccine" because they have a profit incentive. There's already some issues there with your understanding of how the profit motive can corrupt decision-making, but you're not wrong to be a suspicious of it.

But we've known for months now that multiple studies that were believed to be the best indication of ivermectin's efficacy were absolutely riddled with fraud. Not just mistaken analysis, actual fraud in their datasets. So if you're suspicious of how the profit motive can corrupt science, this should be a pretty big fucking alarm bell, because why would anyone fraudulently invent data to prove a treatment worked? It seems like it'd be easy enough to move on to some new alternative treatment. But no, they keep clinging to ivermectin.

Big pharma makes a profit off ivermectin too.

For those interested in understanding Spotify's point of view and why they act (or don't act, or minimally act) the way they do, I read something about the business that helped me to understand why they as a business behave:

• Spotify as a music streaming platform, which was its legacy use case and business model, was wildly succesful and cool.
  • But as it grew, due to having to pay out performers/royalties, it's gross margins plateaud at 25% (again, artist royalties are variable costs that scale every time more people use the product (listen to music).
  • Branching out into podcasts helps the business grow because Spotify is building a dynamic audio ad marketplace. By doing this, Spotify’s gross margins can get up 40%

So you can see then why Spotify in 2022 cares more about JRE and Call Me Daddy and The Ringer and all these other properties more than a Neil Young catalog or other D-list streaming artists, when push comes to shove.

However, one thing that Spotify is going to have to thread the needle on is moderation, which when you are just streaming artists (25% gross margin), you don't have that headache. You have to take on this headache of moderation and how to do it, for the extra 15 points.

But then again, that's Showbiz Big Business baby!

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn 22 women accusing him of sexual assault, it's over 

https://channel22news.com/group-of-21-women-speak-out-accuse-joe-rogan-of-sexual-assault/

On the bright side, corporate media shilling for big pharma was wrong, and scientists and doctors looking at data and results were right.

https://www.kowa.co.jp/news/2022/press220131.pdf

A Japanese conglomerate has found that the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin is effective and safe for the treatment of the COVID-19 Omicron variant, according to a phase III clinical trial.

Kowa Co. Ltd., a conglomerate with interests in trading, hospitality, electronics, along with health and medical applications, issued a press release (pdf) on Jan. 31 stating that ivermectin has been found to be effective against Omicron.

The company, working with Kitasato University based in Tokyo, said that ivermectin has the “same antiviral effect” on all “mutant strains” including alpha, delta, and Omicron. Kowa added that ivermectin suppresses invasion of the virus and inhibits its replication.

“[Ivermectin] is expected to be applied as a therapeutic drug (tablet) for all new coronavirus infectious diseases,” said the report.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, TexasEd said:

One of the contributors to this is that these people have such simple thinking that in their game of King of the Hill their mind cannot deal with changing landscape.  So when a new variant comes out that acts differently they claim that it proves the measures not working now did not work against a previous method.

I think that’s a more narrow pinning down of a larger problem, which is the confirmation bias. To them, everything proves them correct no matter what the report is. 

Numbers going down? We don’t need masks, don’t need vaccinations.

Numbers going up? Masks and vaccinations aren’t working.

Old variants going away? Had to have been the ivermectin 

New variants coming in? Masks and vaccinations aren’t working, bring in the ivermectin.

No new variants? See, I told you we didn’t need all these masks and vaccines. They don’t work and they didn’t do anything.

Two, everything is all or nothing and there are not multiple levels of defense.  If a mask is not 100% effective it is a waste (Absolutism). 

Among the other isms, yes.

Four, to them winning (getting to the top of the hill) is all about the sound bite or verbal cheap shot and in the best of cases all they have are exceptions where something in the line of defenses fails (mask, vaccine, etc.). Ignoring that the people that were vaccinated had better outcomes than those without. They are all about the exceptions and not the trends so they can "win".

Well yeah that’s kinda what I meant by shouting “I win!!! I’m king!!!” from the bottom of the hill.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1