Michael Cohen Investigation

DanTheHorn

21 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Under the agreement, the partner, Evgeny A. Freidman, a Russian immigrant 

cohens partner was a Russian? Shocking. 

It really is amazing how Russians keep popping up at every turn no matter who in Trump's orbit is being investigated. (Whom?)

46 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Unless he feels like talking.

But that would mean crossing Russians.

So maybe club fed isn't so bad.

So I assume that said Russian-American business partner has told the Feds what he knows and and it is good enough to get his tax liability reduced by $4,950,000.00 and his possible prison sentence reduced from up to 100 years down to 5 years probation? Must not know too much. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It really is amazing how Russians keep popping up at every turn no matter who in Trump's orbit is being investigated. (Whom?)

I'm trying to recall if I've ever met a Russian.  I seriously don't think I have.  I had a Romanian prof in grad school, that's about all I can recall.

Trump must just run in better, more interesting circles.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm trying to recall if I've ever met a Russian.  I seriously don't think I have.  I had a Romanian prof in grad school, that's about all I can recall.

There are a fair number of Russians in NY, but your point is still valid. EVERY time some random dude emerges in this story, it's a fucking Russian.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know tons of Russians here in Chicago.  All good people - or so I thought.  Need to watch my six...

Now there is $400,000 more coming from Ukraine to fix talks with the President.  

I cant figure out how much trouble he’s in. Seems like these are all the types of crimes that people don’t do too much time for.  With Bernie Madoff, he ripped off people and they lost money so he got a millionty years.  With this guy, he’s like Clay Davis selling rain dances.  Everyone voluntarily gives him money hoping something good comes out. I’m thinking he doesn’t get much time.  

30 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I know tons of Russians here in Chicago.  All good people - or so I thought.  Need to watch my six...

I had an uber driver from Russia in Chicago last year. Dude really hated him some black people.

Edited by SimonBolivar

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

We've run into plenty of Russians in Austin in the past few years. Mostly moms at the parks, so there’s a chance they are mail-order brides. 

2 hours ago, shnsajax said:

I think it’s time for Cohen to start playing some Cypress Hill. 

From the linked BBC article above:

“The report states that Poroshenko returned from Washington and, in August or September, 2017, decided to completely end cooperation with the US agencies investigating Manafort. ”

Poroshenko would stop cooperating in the Manafort investigation and Trump would provide Javelin missiles.

A global two-fer: quid pro quo and obstruction of justice.  

• Like 1

Just catching up, so the Taxi King was flipped on a state charge. Cohen if implicated will not have cover from Trump. Well as long as these prosecutors do not screw it up. Recently I watched a documentary in which one guy got caught red handed. The guy flipped and turned over two others. Well the guy that flipped lives in Israel and the other two never went to jail. The guy that flipped was Russian and basically claims his was able to flip in a way in which everyone went away basically scot-free. Damn Russians.

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

From the linked BBC article above:

“The report states that Poroshenko returned from Washington and, in August or September, 2017, decided to completely end cooperation with the US agencies investigating Manafort. ”

Poroshenko would stop cooperating in the Manafort investigation and Trump would provide Javelin missiles.

A global two-fer: quid pro quo and obstruction of justice.  

This might be my new favorite angle.  According to you, trump is putins bitch and there is so much dirt on trump that the russians have that he is literally being blackmailed by russia as I type.  yet, he gave missiles to ukraine (currently a sworn enemy with current hostilities with russia and putin) so that the ukraine would stop investigating Manafort who was already indicted in the US.  That is fantastic!!!!!

Question, when does putin unleash his dirt?  Do we need to arm more countries hostile to russia before it is time?

13 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Which is a bigger concern for Putin: that Mueller's investigation of Manafort gets stonewalled, or that Ukraine gets some Javelins ?  

Is that a serious question?  Arming a territory that putin wants or halting the investigation in an unrelated country that has no jurisdiction over a guy that is already indicted in the US?  

I would also like to know how trump asked putin which he preferred and how they got ukraine to be involved in their plot.  Bat phone?  

3 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Is that a serious question?  Arming a territory that putin wants or halting the investigation in an unrelated country that has no jurisdiction over a guy that is already indicted in the US?  

I would also like to know how trump asked putin which he preferred and how they got ukraine to be involved in their plot.  Bat phone?  

The Javelins pose no real threat to Putin.  They're more likely to get stolen by Putin than get used against him.  OTOH, Manafort's ties go straight to Putin's mobbed up kleptocracy through the Ukraine and Putin linked actors and entities in Ukraine.  Teasing apart the international illicit money trail linked to that is a far bigger threat to Putin, and it isn't even close. 

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I used to run into a bunch of 'em in Houston -- I think because of NASA. I took a class at UH with one hottie, kinda large, but as Bun B said, she had the feminine fat in all the right places. And a ton of them hung out at Valhalla, the Rice grad student pub. I was in there one night and this one Rooskie was in there drinking alone. Back then, in about 1999, draft was about 50 cents. Boris or whatever his name was was utterly shitfaced, and still slamming beers at about a five-minute per cup clip. AND HE WAS PAYING FOR EVERY 50 CENT BEER WITH A CHECK HE WAS TRYING TO WRITE IN A LANGUAGE AND ALPHABET HE BARELY UNDERSTOOD, EVEN WHEN SOBER. It took him longer to write these piddly, ridiculous checks than it did for him to slam those beers. Only a place like Rice would even allow this insanity to go down. Still, it was causing bad vibes so I gave him $3 so he could keep on keepin' on an stop bringing everybody down. 

Now that I think about it I do recall some Russian PhD acoustics experts coming to ARL (Applied Research Labs) in the summer.  I never dealt with them, as I was on loan from another lab on another project.  They garnered a lot of respect for their math skills.  Having little to no access to supercomputers leads to that.

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

That’s the best the right wing media has on Avenatti?

I expected so much better.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

At Trump Tower, Michael Cohen and Oligarch Discussed Russian Relations

The meeting, which took place 11 days before the inauguration, preceded a $1 million contract that Michael D. Cohen, Mr. Trump’s lawyer, received from a firm tied to the Russian oligarch.

And one day after that Cohen/Vekselberg meeting, Erik Prince had his covert meet up with the actors from Russia, Saudi Arabia & UAE in the Seychelles. 

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

At Trump Tower, Michael Cohen and Oligarch Discussed Russian Relations

The meeting, which took place 11 days before the inauguration, preceded a $1 million contract that Michael D. Cohen, Mr. Trump’s lawyer, received from a firm tied to the Russian oligarch.

22 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

And one day after that Cohen/Vekselberg meeting, Erik Prince had his covert meet up with the actors from Russia, Saudi Arabia & UAE in the Seychelles. 

Prince lied repeatedly about this meeting under oath to Congress. There are emails that prove he knew all about the meeting with the Russian in advance and that he followed up after the meeting as well. 

26 minutes ago, Pods said:

Prince lied repeatedly about this meeting under oath to Congress. There are emails that prove he knew all about the meeting with the Russian in advance and that he followed up after the meeting as well. 

Quietly but not insignificantly, at least 3 major media outlets now have reported that Don Jr, Kushner, and Erik Prince all lied to Congress.

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Quietly but not insignificantly, at least 3 major media outlets now have reported that Don Jr, Kushner, and Erik Prince all lied to Congress.

Let me guess, Fake News Network, Not The Truth Network, and Liars Network?

10 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Is that like a big deal or something?  Just asking.

36 minutes ago, Pods said:

37 minutes ago, Pods said:

This is a perfect microcosm of all things trump and all things Pods.  You continually accuse me of lying or ignoring stuff, which I have never done and if you can find an example I will be happy to respond.

But this statement above is just a full on made up lie.  Please show us a source that proves that prince had emails before and after the Seychelles meeting that contradict his testimony.  Total bullshit.  

• Fuck You 1

Yet one more example of sheeit being completely ignorant of anything that incriminates Trump. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mueller-evidence-raising-questions-prince-testimony-meeting-russian/story?id=54277090

Sources tell ABC News Nader met with Prince at New York's Pierre Hotel a week before the Jan. 11, 2017 meeting in the Seychelles, and later sent Prince biographical information about Dmitriev, which, according to those sources, noted that Dmitriev had been appointed by Putin to oversee the state-run sovereign wealth fund.

Nader says he then facilitated and personally attended the meetings, including one between Prince and Dmitriev, at a resort owned by MBZ off the coast of East Africa, the sources told ABC News. One of the primary goals of the meeting, Nader told investigators, was to discuss foreign policy and to establish a line of communication between the Russian government and the incoming Trump administration, sources told ABC News.

Nader — who Prince said in a 2010 lawsuit deposition had once represented his military contractor business in Iraq — was not mentioned in Prince's congressional testimony despite Prince being asked by lawmakers who was present. Prince said only that Dmitriev's wife was there but she left after a few minutes while they discussed terrorism and oil prices.

Edited by Pods
  • Like 1