Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

9 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

What talent did they show in college that Kyler didn't?  Everyone here said Baker would suck (maybe save Vic) and he looks pretty good.  I actually thought Baker would be good and said as much - and so I'm not a homer, I don't think Kyler will succeed but I don't get your talent line. 

If you're saying size, fine, but everyone who has seen this kid in HS and college said his actual talent and athletic ability stack up with anybody out there.  Now, he is tiny with T-Rex arms, and seems to be toting nothing more than a bag of chips in that giant melon of his...and that's why I think he'll fail but your no talent line is odd. 

Yeah, he should have stopped after his first line.  The fact that he failed every interview and is dumb as a rock is why is he probably going to fail.   Talent won't be the issue.  He sounds more like a Vince Young or RGIII.  Now if he's willing to put in the work, maybe he can prove us wrong.   Unlike Mayfield, I don't think he's ever had to really work hard.  That's the problem with being as naturally talented as guys like KM, VY, and RGIII.   They don't have that chip on their shoulder.  If he responds to failure like they did, he won't make it.   

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 6

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Yeah, he should have stopped after his first line.  The fact that he failed every interview and is dumb as a rock is why is he probably going to fail.   Talent won't be the issue.  He sounds more like a Vince Young or RGIII.  Now if he's willing to put in the work, maybe he can prove us wrong.   Unlike Mayfield, I don't think he's ever had to really work hard.  That's the problem with being as naturally talented as guys like KM, VY, and RGIII.   They don't have that chip on their shoulder.  If he responds to failure like they did, he won't make it.   

Agree, but let’s see how you pairing him with VY works out around here. Lol

But, jokes aside, well put.  

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

So many of you guys should be GMs in the nfl. According to this board he should be a UDFA.

Yes I hate him but school me where he has failed so far. Is he better or worse than doug flutie? He is a finger width shorter than drew brees and Russell wilson, both at 5'11".

He failed in life by choosing to play for ousucks. He may have gotten a fancy trophy out of it, but that sooner stink doesn't wear off.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

He failed in life by choosing to play for ousucks. He may have gotten a fancy trophy out of it, but that sooner stink doesn't wear off.

Lol.  We are talking the real world here.  I’ve never seen a poke get some break in real life bc of some sooner stench. 

Any aggy school has stench wrapped up in spades.  You know why, right?

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Now, he is tiny with T-Rex arms, and seems to be toting nothing more than a bag of chips in that giant melon of his...and that's why I think he'll fail but your no talent line is odd. 

I didn't say he had no talent.  I said he didn't have Hall of Fame talent.  You even bolded that part when you quoted me.

Look.  Kyler Murray doesn't have Drew Brees' arm.  That's an objective fact.  And he doesn't have Russell Wilson's intelligence.  Just listen to them both talk.

So, what I'm saying is that there are exactly two quarterbacks in the NFL who are Kyler's size, and they both have attributes that Kyler doesn't have.  They're Hall of Famers.  You're assuming Kyler has their talent level, why, because he's fast?

After watching the NFL break RG3, kick Johnny Manziel to Canada, and relegate VY and Colt McCoy to the bench, what do you (anyone) see in Kyler Murray that points to him being even an average NFL QB? Forget Brees and Wilson; how is this tiny walking-attitude-problem with an average arm going to lead a bunch of grown ass men to anything?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

He sounds more like a Rookie of the Year who will one day have a 98.6 passer rating in the NFL? Interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

well said

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I didn't say he had no talent.  I said he didn't have Hall of Fame talent.  You even bolded that part when you quoted me.

Look.  Kyler Murray doesn't have Drew Brees' arm.  That's an objective fact.  And he doesn't have Russell Wilson's intelligence.  Just listen to them both talk.

So, what I'm saying is that there are exactly two quarterbacks in the NFL who are Kyler's size, and they both have attributes that Kyler doesn't have.  They're Hall of Famers.  You're assuming Kyler has their talent level, why, because he's fast?

After watching the NFL break RG3, kick Johnny Manziel to Canada, and relegate VY and Colt McCoy to the bench, what do you (anyone) see in Kyler Murray that points to him being even an average NFL QB? Forget Brees and Wilson; how is this tiny walking-attitude-problem with an average arm going to lead a bunch of grown ass men to anything?

He has a great arm.  Up through college he is seen at least as talented as those two.  Talent isn’t brains.  Talent isn’t size.  

I agreed he would fail but his talent/athleticism is way up there with anyone you mentioned up through college.  

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You'd be a fucking idiot to bet $$$ Kyler is playing baseball, because he's never going to play baseball.

He would be dumber than you if he quit football to play minor league baseball until his late 20s and then played a shitty contract until his early 30s. He would make more in one year on a 2nd contract than he would on his entire first Major League contract.

Or maybe you're just fucking with people and you're not as stupid as you seem.

I typically don't respond to 12 year olds with anger issues on a tirade, but I'm going to make an exception for you.  No he's not going to willingly walk away from football, that choice will be made for him. He's going to flame out of the NFL because he's going to believe his athletic ability alone will suffice similar to Jamarcus Russell his career will be short lived when he discovers that just isn't the case. You have to watch tape and study opposing defenses, put in extra reps with your receivers, demonstrate a positive attitude and show accountability when you make mistakes. You truly believe that arrogant ewok is going to put in that extra effort? He'll end up like Tebow playing baseball after a short career, except he's not going to have the benefit of a playoff caliber roster to support him initially.

Edited by Chad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Kyler has 8 figure physical talent w/ a ten cent head.  That's not usually a recipe for success for an NFL QB. 

Your mom has 8 figure physical talent but gives ten cent head. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quarterbacks can't get by solely on athletic ability in the NFL plus Arizona had the worst line in the NFL by far last season. Kyler would be meeting up with Aaron Donald, DeForest Buckner and Frank Clark twice every season behind that toilet paper line, a far cry from what he was accustomed to in 2018. I'd bet $$$ Kyler is playing baseball 3 years from now and coach cool is looking for an OC gig. The Cardinals are shopping Rosen around so it's pretty much a given they're going to select Kyler.
Hopefully his combine interviews weren't this fucked :

Lulz. Based on that Cryler should go on Howard Stern and ride the Sybian on air.

You'd be a fucking idiot to bet $$$ Kyler is playing baseball, because he's never going to play baseball.
He would be dumber than you if he quit football to play minor league baseball until his late 20s and then played a shitty contract until his early 30s. He would make more in one year on a 2nd contract than he would on his entire first Major League contract.
Or maybe you're just fucking with people and you're not as stupid as you seem.
Wut? Damn Cryler you as stupid posting as you am on interviews.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Yeah, he should have stopped after his first line.  The fact that he failed every interview and is dumb as a rock is why is he probably going to fail.   Talent won't be the issue.  He sounds more like a Vince Young or RGIII.    

Vince Young insults aren't taken very kindly here, and Robert Griffin is certainly not dumb.  

That's the first time I've watched the Dan Patrick interview.  Has he just been coached to play dumb, or is he legit that fucking stupid?  Yeah I know A&M then OU.  Maybe the act continued at the combine b/c he already knows he's a Cardinal.  I haven't paid any attention to any other interviews he's given so I'm legit curious.  If it's an act and he keeps dragging it out I think he's costing himself endorsement $$ unless he can do commercials where he doesn't speak.

At any rate fuck OU and KM can suck my cock (by barely bending at his waist).

I typically don't respond to 12 year olds with anger issues on a tirade, but I'm going to make an exception for you.  No he's not going to willingly walk away from football, that choice will be made for him. He's going to flame out of the NFL because he's going to believe his athletic ability alone will suffice similar to Jamarcus Russell his career will be short lived when he discovers that just isn't the case. You have to watch tape and study opposing defenses, put in extra reps with your receivers, demonstrate a positive attitude and show accountability when you make mistakes. You truly believe that arrogant ewok is going to put in that extra effort? He'll end up like Tebow playing baseball after a short career, except he's not going to have the benefit of a playoff caliber roster to support him initially.
Except he's 10x the QB the glorified fullback in Tebow was. Tebow flamed out because he sucked. I don't see Murray flaming out like that.

But again, this is the same message board who claimed Murray would suck at OU. Baker at OU as well and in the pros.

Baker and Murray will succeed in the NFL.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Except he's 10x the QB the glorified fullback in Tebow was. Tebow flamed out because he sucked. I don't see Murray flaming out like that.

But again, this is the same message board who claimed Murray would suck at OU. Baker at OU as well and in the pros.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Didn't Dexter Manley go to OSU?  That dude couldn't even read.  Like at all.

That seems relevant to this discussion.  For the record, I never said VY or RGIII was dumb.  I just meant they failed for reasons other than talent.  VY failed because of Jeff Fisher and because the football gods decided one man should not possess so much awesomeness in both college and pro football.  So they smited him.  RGIII failed because he couldn't learn to slide, he was more interested in being a celebrity than being a professional QB, and, though I'm not sure how, rape. 

Also, Muledick, fuck aggy, and ou sucks.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monty86 said:

That's the first time I've watched the Dan Patrick interview.  Has he just been coached to play dumb, or is he legit that fucking stupid?  Yeah I know A&M then OU.  Maybe the act continued at the combine b/c he already knows he's a Cardinal.  I haven't paid any attention to any other interviews he's given so I'm legit curious.  If it's an act and he keeps dragging it out I think he's costing himself endorsement $$ unless he can do commercials where he doesn't speak.

At any rate fuck OU and KM can suck my cock (by barely bending at his waist).

He's a prick alright and I don't think he's highly intelligent but I think what's going on there is that he's made the decision to quit the A's and enter the NFL Draft. The problem is he is neither smart enough nor practiced enough to skirt around the issue with playfull banter back and forth with Patrick.

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He's a prick alright and I don't think he's highly intelligent but I think what's going on there is that he's made the decision to quit the A's and enter the NFL Draft. The problem is he is neither smart enough nor practiced enough to skirt around the issue with playfull banter back and forth with Patrick.

goddamn, finally-- I thought this was obvious

33 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

VY failed because of Jeff Fisher and because the football gods decided one man should not possess so much awesomeness in both college and pro football. 

And, he was an immature titty baby at times in the pros. Fisher fucked with his head tremendously, but Vince didn't handle it appropriately.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Don't start sucking your own dick just yet. He had a good rookie season, but so did a number of other QBs that were flashes in the pan. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

And, he was an immature titty baby at times in the pros. Fisher fucked with his head tremendously, but Vince didn't handle it appropriately.

I want it on record that I did not say this.  Fuck that.  I'm Abe Simpsoning my way out of this thread.  ChiTown was right

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Don't start sucking your own dick just yet. He had a good rookie season, but so did a number of other QBs that were flashes in the pan. 

Oh yeah.  Name on QB who won Rookie of the Year and then flamed out.  

Snicker snicker

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

I don't see an NFL lineman taking "correction" from a talking plush toy. Particularly a dumb, talking plush toy. There has to be respect. I don't see this kid earning the respect of his team mates. Could be wrong, but the way he will earn respect is by outworking everyone. Is that his style?

• Like 1

I want it on record that I did not say this.  Fuck that.  I'm Abe Simpsoning my way out of this thread.  ChiTown was right
Swandered is Looch

Looch is Swandered

Wait check that

Looch is a tool but he aint as stupid as swandered

Swandered is rude dog

Rude dog is swandered.

8254203598b7f2276c5950b3a0435944.jpg89cdce7704eea6a33c36de07b63d04c2.jpg62c5aa4ba47aba988479f06d49a98972.jpgdf82c5a9b837593e84f572a9f2ad87fd.jpg

8 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

Swandered is Looch

Looch is Swandered

Wait check that

Looch is a tool but he aint as stupid as swandered

Swandered is rude dog

Rude dog is swandered.

8254203598b7f2276c5950b3a0435944.jpg89cdce7704eea6a33c36de07b63d04c2.jpg62c5aa4ba47aba988479f06d49a98972.jpgdf82c5a9b837593e84f572a9f2ad87fd.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

THat chick has a hairy ass.

Looking at it on my phone and scrolling too far down, I kept thinking that a chick got that tattooed on her huge left boob. 

#iwasmistaken

41 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I think most of us have come to grips with the fact that Vince wasn't entirely blameless in how his career turned out. 

Handled being benched for a no-talent ass clown, journeyman, racist qb better than most of us here would. 

• Like 3