Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I actually think he has a decent chance for a long and lucrative NFL career. He seems to feel the rush well and preserves himself from most big hits. He can make the throws. It would depend on the system, but I have to admit that he could be worth a first round pick to the right team.

Kyler can't see over the line at all.  He needs an offense that spreads things out to an extreme degree to create sight windows for him to throw effectively.  No one in the NFL comes close to doing what OU does.  Heck almost no one in FBS comes close.

1 minute ago, sushihorn said:

Kyler can't see over the line at all.  He needs an offense that spreads things out to an extreme degree to create sight windows for him to throw effectively.  No one in the NFL comes close to doing what OU does.  Heck almost no one in FBS comes close.

Well, there is that one small problem.

3 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Get him a ladder, you know, like the one the Longhorn Band director uses. Remember in college when The Herd picked up and carried Leftwich down the field because of his knee injury? Well, . . .

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

If Flutie, Brees, Wilson can QB in the NFL I would think Murray can.  He's Flutie's height and not too far off of the other two.

He sees there is a lot more money to be made in the next 5 years in football than baseball. Plus, the whole living the minor league player life does not appeal to him. I never though a player like him would transition well to that role. He's used to be being the big man on campus whether it be at Allen or OU. He's considered to be one of the greatest Texas high school players ever and now has won a Heisman. But as a minor league player, he's a nobody and will be treated as such. It's hard to be knocked down that much.

Can't he just do the Tebow route? Try the NFL and if it doesn't work, go back to baseball? But I get he would be way behind in development. Or could be possibly do the Deion and Bo Jackson route and play them both at the same time?

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

Murray will be killed in NFL. If strength of your game is threat to run you will not last long.

There is no Multi-Directional U to play against and pad stats.

He should shelve ego and go to baseball and play for 25 years

Listen to the man from Brazil......he speaks the truth

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

He should bypass the NFL and MLB and audition to become the next R2D2.  Lots of money, much less risk of injury. 

You kidding? He may not have lost a hand, but R2 got blown apart on multiple occasions and dunked in the swamps of Dagobah. He'd be safer taking a hit from Kenny Vaccaro. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

So I assume he'd have to give the A's their signing bonus money back? Surely they protected themselves from this...

Also, seems like a dumb move for him. 

My understanding was the he got something like a $5M signing bonus but has to repay $4M (or something like that) if he does not report to A’s camp by a specific date.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

He sees there is a lot more money to be made in the next 5 years in football than baseball. Plus, the whole living the minor league player life does not appeal to him. I never though a player like him would transition well to that role. He's used to be being the big man on campus whether it be at Allen or OU. He's considered to be one of the greatest Texas high school players ever and now has won a Heisman. But as a minor league player, he's a nobody and will be treated as such. It's hard to be knocked down that much.

Can't he just do the Tebow route? Try the NFL and if it doesn't work, go back to baseball? But I get he would be way behind in development. Or could be possibly do the Deion and Bo Jackson route and play them both at the same time?

In the next 5 years, sure. Over his career, he's probably more likely to earn more in baseball. He'd pretty much have to become an elite pro QB (and remain healthy) to earn more there. If he became an average everyday player in MLB for ten years he's likely to earn about $60-75 million (on top of the $5 million he got to sign). If he's an all-star level player, that could easily surpass $100 million. We are talking about a league in which guys like Andre Ethier, Hunter Pence and Vernon Wells made more than $110 million - these were good (not great) players who didn't have especially long careers. 

Factor in injury risk, guaranteed contracts, etc...just seems like baseball makes more sense. 

Whoops.

Heh well maybe I will be double wrong! All the talk was Evans didn’t get a great grade and would be able to play his natural position next year which likely makes him a lot of money.

That said, his brother had to retire in college from concussions so I can’t fault anyone for getting while the getting is good.

Also the GMAFB was on Kyler returning not Evans leaving though I can see how it could be unclear.

Quit being fucking retarded.  Yes, he's a midget but he has an elite NFL arm and Michael Vick like speed at QB.  He'll get drafted early first round and make a shitload of early guaranteed money.  He'll do well until he gets blindsided and injured.

Either that or he goes to baseball and is banging single moms from Des Moines next year while riding the bus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

He does not have an elite NFL arm. He has a good arm but it's not elite for the NFL.

He's incredibly accurate downfield.  He has a better arm than 90% of the NFL.  Most that league is starting complete trash at QB.  Kirk Cousins, Case Keenum, and Alex Smith are highly paid started for God's sake.  Murray is much better than all three of them.

He might be, but he might not be. Throwing in the NFL is a lot different than throwing with 5 seconds to stand around in a clean pocket because your OL is five times better than nearly every DL you play. Perhaps you remember Keenum and Smith from college where they looked a shitload better throwing the ball than they do in the NFL.

Hell, just look at his numbers at A&M compared to the numbers at Oklahoma.

image.png

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1