Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Uh, what exactly was shitty? I wrote in April that he was trending towards a high draft pick and that OU’s season hinged on his choices given that premise. I guess all of that was old news for you at the time. Right.

I don’t mind being mocked. I was mocked on the first few pages of this thread where folks told me I was wrong and/or that Kyler Murray was irrelevant. That was all fun to read again. I do mind it when it has no fucking place. So take your weak shit and go fuck your own face with it or something.

hesrightyouknow.gif

It's stupid when people attack CTJ. It's just one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Uh, what exactly was shitty? I wrote in April that he was trending towards a high draft pick and that OU’s season hinged on his choices given that premise. I guess all of that was old news for you at the time. Right.

I don’t mind being mocked. I was mocked on the first few pages of this thread where folks told me I was wrong and/or that Kyler Murray was irrelevant. That was all fun to read again. I do mind it when it has no fucking place. So take your weak shit and go fuck your own face with it or something.

My mistake.  

7 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

They’ll most likely have more trouble than you think.

No kidding. Bama struggles as much as every other college defense when they have a quarterback who can walk and chew gum at the same time. They only have to once or twice a year though.

Bama will probably win because, holy shit, OU's defense is awful, but OU is going to score some points. Maybe more points than a banged up Tua can counter.

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

hesrightyouknow.gif

It's stupid when people attack CTJ. It's just one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. 

Right because Free Willy would never attack another poster. He's the most levelheaded, kindest person here. A real paragon of forgiveness, maturity and compassion. 

9 minutes ago, BarkingSpider said:

BAMAs athleticism and physicality is on another level though.

The same thing is said every single year. Then, once or twice a season, they play Johnny Manziel, Nick Marshall, Trevor Knight (lulz), Chad Kelly, Cardale Jones, Deshaun Watson, or Jake Fromm, and they look a hell of a lot more ordinary.

Great quarterback play--especially a dual threat--trumps great defense in modern football.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No kidding. Bama struggles as much as every other college defense when they have a quarterback who can walk and chew gum at the same time. They only have to once or twice a year though.

Bama will probably win because, holy shit, OU's defense is awful, but OU is going to score some points. Maybe more points than a banged up Tua can counter.

Hurts is more than a match for the gooner d. 

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Right because Free Willy would never attack another poster. He's the most levelheaded, kindest person here. A real paragon of forgiveness, maturity and compassion. 

No, CTJ is a jackass. i'm a jackass. We're all jackasses. But he engenders in certain posters a great deal of butthurtitude just by posting his hot takes. It's remarkable.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

So you think that OU's offense vs Bama's defense is a more favorable matchup than Bama's offense vs OU's defense?

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Well most of what you write is derivative bullshit that anyone that reads any other message boards already knows. So glad you got one right champ.  So do one of your patented victory laps that you do when you score a victory of your own making and then go fuck yourself off. 

Edited by VaHorn
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

All you need to do is see how the Ravens used Lamar Jackson on Sunday to get the reason for what Murray should do.  Outside of a few innovative coaches, the NFL is still a reactionary "Dur, Black QBs run the ball" league.  Unless pared with a coach willing to see beyond his legs, he'll get killed before his first contract is up.

All you need to do is see how the Ravens used Lamar Jackson on Sunday to get the reason for what Murray should do.  Outside of a few innovative coaches, the NFL is still a reactionary "Dur, Black QBs run the ball" league.  Unless pared with a coach willing to see beyond his legs, he'll get killed before his first contract is up.

Murray is a really good passer with a strong arm and accuracy. Lamar Jackson has neither of those.

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

LOL, this is how I know you've hardly ever watched Lamar throw a football.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:07 PM, Hank Chinaski said:

Oh yeah, he doesn't get selected that high without the ability to get to that level. To me, that's exactly why he should be playing baseball full-time...because it'll maximize his chance to get to that level, and more quickly.

He has the type of athleticism that could allow him to stay on an MLB roster even if the bat is average, but speed and defense peak early for baseball players. One lower-body injury could diminish his speed/explosiveness. Unless he becomes a good hitter, even some decline in his speed at an early age could make a big difference in his career. 

Your comment about a lower leg injury being problematic reminded me of a young man who was a senior when I was in the seventh grade. He was drafted in the first round out of high school by the Cincinnati Reds. He was a tremendous athletic talent in all aspects football baseball track basketball he could do it all. His third game in the minors he snapped both bones in his lower leg sliding into second base and it was all over. The damnable shame of it is he was one of the kindest most humble people you could ever meet, a truly good guy.

Edited by SHOOTER12

22 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Your comment about a lower leg injury being problematic reminded me of a young man who was a senior when I was in the seventh grade. He was drafted in the first round out of high school by the Cincinnati Reds. He was a tremendous athletic talent in all aspects football baseball track basketball he could do it all. His third game in the minors he snapped both bones in his lower leg sliding into second base and it was all over. The damnable shame of it is he was one of the kindest most humble people you could ever meet, a truly good guy.

Pretty sure I know who you're talking about.

Was that Burt Cumstein?  Mitch's brother?

9 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Tech had Patrick Mahomes on deck, so I give them a pass. Aggy ran off two 5 star QB's in the same season and were left with Starkel Motion. That has to be some kind of a historic mark of shame. 

Yeah benching Baker for an NFL MVP sounds forgivable.  Aggy on the other hand.  Lol

• Fuck You 1

On 12/9/2018 at 12:50 PM, Surly Bevo said:

The strategy for defending Murray isn't rocket science. Contain, make him step up in the pocket where his height becomes a massive massive liability as he can't see the field, balls start to sail etc.. 

NFL teams would do both things with much higher frequency and sure Brees, Wilson are short but they are not Murray short. 

Blow U sucks, just sayin 

doug-flutie-throw.jpg&w=600&q=70

10 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Tech had Patrick Mahomes on deck, so I give them a pass. Aggy ran off two 5 star QB's in the same season and were left with Starkel Motion. That has to be some kind of a historic mark of shame. 

Doesn't matter. Aggy is going to claim the Heisman that he won. Saying they were the ones who groomed him to be what he was when he went to OU.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:36 PM, Augustus said:

So you think that OU's offense vs Bama's defense is a more favorable matchup than Bama's offense vs OU's defense?

No, I didn't say that. Bama should make enough stops to win. They may even win relatively easily. If Tua's healthy, they may score 60 points. I just don't see them bottling up OU's offense like it was suggested. Murray is going to put up points and can potentially make things interesting if Tua is limited.

19 hours ago, Machinator said:

That's inaccurate. We should have benched (redshirted) Murray. Instead, Sumlin promised him the world to keep him away from UT. He got playing time that he wasn't ready for, back when his arm was only capable of throwing the duckiest of ducks that ever ducked downfield. That forced playing time (and Sumlin routinely throwing him under the bus) pushed out Allen. Kyler being a diva about not being named the full time starter and wanting an offense built solely around him as a true freshman pushed him out the door.

Kyler needed at least a year to sit and absorb and get with a quarterback coach to change his mechanics. He would have never gotten that at A&M because Sumlin was way too big of a pussy to tell he and his dad to fuck off and earn the job.