College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

3 hours ago, BradInATX said:

But are you sending your butler to the butcher shop to pick meat out for you while getting blowjobs? That's the real question here.

NM.  Should have read down thread.

Edited by jTower
Already answered about the busters chauffeur
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ed O’Bannon crossed my mind but I couldn’t remember if they won it all that year. And bill waltons cooler

Bill Walton is a fucking idiot. Rambling on about the Chinese Economy when he was supposed to be calling a college basketball game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Bill Walton is a fucking idiot. Rambling on about the Chinese Economy when he was supposed to be calling a college basketball game. 

ALIBABA.COM PEOPLE!!!! ITS 9 TRILLION TIMES THE SIZE OF AMAZON!!! GODDAMMIT, WERE SO INFERIOR!!!!

That game was a beatdown...

Edited by Ignatius

5 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Oh come on. That’s a stretch. Meats are average at best at grocery stores. I don’t pick out my fancy steak/meats there.  Butcher shops people. Produce can be a little tricky like I said. Other then one or two bad apples here and there it’s Not really a problem. But I’m not super uptight and I know what a grocery store really is. That being said I do miss HEB. They are the king of grocery stores. 

You can get a pretty good look at a T-Bone by sticking your head up a butcher’s ass...wait, it’s gotta be your bull....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Amazon Fresh is a superb service if you have it available.  Free two hour delivery window for any order over $35, so usually with this option it takes 2 hours and change to get to you.  $5 if you want a 1 hour window sooner.  You do tip but what is not having to go to the store worth to you?  Probably more than the tip they suggest.  Probably more than double.  They do beer/wine too but then you have to show id to accept delivery whereas normally they just set it on the porch and text you.  I had one bad experience where a bag of cold items was not at all accounted for (usually they have insulated bags for longer trips or they just prioritize delivery for orders with cold items) and was like room temp when I got it.  Amazon processes the 'return' like any other order but then at the end they tell you 'Just kidding, we don't want rotten shit sent back to us.  Keep it."

For the most part inventory is a mix of Wholefoods brands and regular HEB type stuff you don't find in a Whole Foods.  The meat has been nicer HEB level meat.  Often times it is Pat LaFrieda brand stuff for HEB prices.  Produce has been as good or better than what my wife normally picks out by hand.  They have a  real hard time keeping certain things in stock but for pretty much any type of grocery store item they are always going to have some option in stock just maybe not the size brand or count that you wanted.

We have placed 6 orders of around $80-$150 total per order and literally aside from the one bag of stuff not being cold, they have made zero mistakes in terms of shorting us, wrong item, etc.

Another thing that is nice about it is multiple people can shop from multiple devices (on the same account) over the course of a week or however long and it keeps the cart synced across them all.  Sometimes things go out of stock this way or the price changes, but its pretty prominently displayed at the top of the order when this happens so at least you know and can adjust if need be.  So it's kind of a high tech grocery list that delivers itself when you want it to.

The Pac-12 CEO Group voted in a meeting Thursday to start a football season the weekend of November 6th-7th. 

The meeting got a bit disagreeable at times, and then eventually the university presidents and chancellors made their way to unanimity. 

According to one source, the initial vote was 7-5 to play, with the five dissenters being UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Washington and Colorado. 

Among the disparate opinions were Utah apparently threatening to leave the conference for the Pac-12 and USC threatening to go independent for the season. 

The season will consist of each team playing six games, culminating in the the Pac-12 Championship Game on Friday, Dec. 18th.  Every other program in the conference could also play in essentially a "bowl" game.  

It was thought in the last day that some teams would begin their season Oct. 31st, but that was scrapped in the conference's effort to be unified. 

It's uncertain if the season plan of 7 games will allow a Pac-12 school to be considered for the College Football Playoffs, which are announced on Dec. 20th. 

A fall-like camp should start Oct. 9th.  

Utah threatening to leave.  Yeah.

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

Amazon Fresh is a superb service if you have it available.  Free two hour delivery window for any order over $35, so usually with this option it takes 2 hours and change to get to you.  $5 if you want a 1 hour window sooner.  You do tip but what is not having to go to the store worth to you?  Probably more than the tip they suggest.  Probably more than double.  They do beer/wine too but then you have to show id to accept delivery whereas normally they just set it on the porch and text you.  I had one bad experience where a bag of cold items was not at all accounted for (usually they have insulated bags for longer trips or they just prioritize delivery for orders with cold items) and was like room temp when I got it.  Amazon processes the 'return' like any other order but then at the end they tell you 'Just kidding, we don't want rotten shit sent back to us.  Keep it."

For the most part inventory is a mix of Wholefoods brands and regular HEB type stuff you don't find in a Whole Foods.  The meat has been nicer HEB level meat.  Often times it is Pat LaFrieda brand stuff for HEB prices.  Produce has been as good or better than what my wife normally picks out by hand.  They have a  real hard time keeping certain things in stock but for pretty much any type of grocery store item they are always going to have some option in stock just maybe not the size brand or count that you wanted.

We have placed 6 orders of around $80-$150 total per order and literally aside from the one bag of stuff not being cold, they have made zero mistakes in terms of shorting us, wrong item, etc.

Another thing that is nice about it is multiple people can shop from multiple devices (on the same account) over the course of a week or however long and it keeps the cart synced across them all.  Sometimes things go out of stock this way or the price changes, but its pretty prominently displayed at the top of the order when this happens so at least you know and can adjust if need be.  So it's kind of a high tech grocery list that delivers itself when you want it to.

Had Amazon Fresh delivered a few nights ago. Heard the Ring doorbell go off, went to the door, and the driver had backed her car all the way across my front yard to within feet of my door, just missing a tree. WTF? 

"No tip for you!"

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 1

Had Amazon Fresh delivered a few nights ago. Heard the Ring doorbell go off, went to the door, and the driver had backed her car all the way across my front yard to within feet of my door, just missing a tree. WTF? 
"No tip for you!"
I have 3 tire tracks on the inside of my circle drive from Amazon over the last week.
Guess I gotta put some boulders up to teach that sumbitch to drive.

Thanks Jeff, got a coupon code for first timers using your service?

The Pac-12 CEO Group voted in a meeting Thursday to start a football season the weekend of November 6th-7th. 

The meeting got a bit disagreeable at times, and then eventually the university presidents and chancellors made their way to unanimity. 

According to one source, the initial vote was 7-5 to play, with the five dissenters being UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Washington and Colorado. 

Among the disparate opinions were Utah apparently threatening to leave the conference for the Pac-12 and USC threatening to go independent for the season. 

The season will consist of each team playing six games, culminating in the the Pac-12 Championship Game on Friday, Dec. 18th.  Every other program in the conference could also play in essentially a "bowl" game.  

It was thought in the last day that some teams would begin their season Oct. 31st, but that was scrapped in the conference's effort to be unified. 

It's uncertain if the season plan of 7 games will allow a Pac-12 school to be considered for the College Football Playoffs, which are announced on Dec. 20th. 

A fall-like camp should start Oct. 9th.  

Utah threatening to leave.  Yeah.
Threatening to leave the Pac-12...for the Pac-12?

13 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

Great news.  Hopefully they can still schedule some Pac 12 After Dark games. That was the most depressing part of Pac 12 cancelling.

Yep.

With the new testing and moving ever closer to a vaccine hopefully we have few cancellations by the time they start up.

6 hours ago, ousux said:
On 9/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, mdmost said:
This is the 5th game Cougar High has had postponed. 

Holgy not running a tight ship? Who would guess..

Houston has previously had opening games against Rice, Memphis and Baylor postponed or canceled. In all four cases, Houston's opponents had coronavirus issues that did not allow them to play.

• Hook 'Em 2