College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

On 10/6/2020 at 7:40 AM, utee94 said:

And if we just had robots play the game, that would eliminate injuries and other environmental impacts as well.

Better still, just have computers simulate the entire thing, PS3-style.  

But they'd have to re-rename all the buildings because we evil people treated AI-Persons like chattels. 

On 10/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, Bartles said:

It's late Friday so time to update this stat. There are 16 games scheduled tomorrow between two Power 5 opponents. Assuming no last minute cancellations (pretty sure we have not seen a game called on less than 24 hours notice), that means by the end of Saturday night, 41 out of 43 matchups between two P5 teams will have been successfully played.

(I know, I should probably start waiting til Sunday to update this)

Weekly update...looks like we will wake up Sunday with 58 out of 60 matchups between two P5 teams in the books on schedule.

"Isn't it cute" that we thought they could play college football this fall? "This is fine" cartoon; "See you in 2021"; etc.

(I know, we probably shouldn't take a victory lap with like two months left to navigate...lots of people were certain this wouldn't get off the ground at all)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A victory lap is ok, as long as you don't stop and pose for pictures 😁.

With all the doom and gloom predictions about absolutely no football and those who took it personal that it might happen, it's hard not to. The only certainty people should be going by is to take the it week by week and be flexible.

It could all come crashing down next week. And I would still consider that a success based on where we started.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Fucking rape enablers and now they can’t fucking keep their players away from Covid? Why are these fucks still allowed to be part of the conference?

Didn’t have outbreaks prior to the season like most schools, including Ok St, did.   Getting them now 

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

Fucking rape enablers and now they can’t fucking keep their players away from Covid? Why are these fucks still allowed to be part of the conference?

I say make the twats forfeit.

I'm trying to decide if you guys are better off having two bye weeks before our game or not.

12 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Didn’t have outbreaks prior to the season like most schools, including Ok St, did.   Getting them now 

Well now there's off campus parties, underage drinking, slutty whores in short skirts and rape. 

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I say make the twats forfeit.

I'm trying to decide if you guys are better off having two bye weeks before our game or not.

Considering Spencer Sanders hasn’t played a full quarter of live football since last October I think it benefits you. Our team will be rusty as hell after three weeks without playing an opponent.

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

And the Big 10 and PAC think they can play 8 straight weeks without a bye. Will the CFP be willing to push itself to February?

None of their teams are in Nashville or Waco so they have a decent chance of making it through. Still a shame my weekly note about P5 matchups is taking some hits.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bartles said:

None of their teams are in Nashville or Waco so they have a decent chance of making it through. Still a shame my weekly note about P5 matchups is taking some hits.

Isn't Wisconsin going through a surge of cases? 

29 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

That would give us 2 extra Sunday practices so  Baylor has no chance against us!

I don't think Baylor will be able to play us. Maybe we can get UTEP to play us again! And maybe next year we can pay them to play us twelve times.

Just now, Monster said:

Lighten up, my friend. 

You asked a valid question, by the way.  

It doesn't take a genius to discern the difference between an indoor environment full of strangers, and an outdoor environment where everyone is tested frequently, and spends large amounts of time in close proximity to each other all week anyway. Find someone else to peddle your bullshit to.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

cross posting from Baylor thread 

I had full blown Covid for a week and didn't test positive for antibodies, the fact that they are using that rapid antibody test to make travel decisions is mind bottling.

It's not a false negative if the test isn't designed to detect the active virus.

• Like 1