Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He reads like a student, so he thinks he knows everything. Like we all did at that age. 

There were no Longhorn message boards when I was a student. Whether or not I knew everything, my diarrhea of the keyboard was not infecting innocent bystanders. I just got drunk, yelled stupid shit at games, and made a general ass of myself, just not 24/7.

**And yes, I do have the grand distinction of acting like such an ass at the 1994 Tech/Texas game in Jones Stadium that my Tech friend made sure I knew I was never welcome to visit him for a game again. That's right, I embarrassed a Tech fan. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

It looks like the party decks have some slope, where you're standing on the side of a hill while out there, true?  So the spilled beer runs down the front of the deck?

Lulz yeah kinda, it drains front and back but the slope is very minimal. It's not a hill. It would take a LOT of spilled beer to actually make a little puddle go toward the front. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's not seamless because Moncrief is under it, not because they were in love with the idea of party decks.

aggy moved their damn dogs, why can’t we move Moncrief?

Edit: Just realized he is alive at 101. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
He’s alive! Definitely too soon.
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

There were no Longhorn message boards when I was a student. Whether or not I knew everything, my diarrhea of the keyboard was not infecting innocent bystanders. I just got drunk, yelled stupid shit at games, and made a general ass of myself, just not 24/7.

**And yes, I do have the grand distinction of acting like such an ass at the 1994 Tech/Texas game in Jones Stadium that my Tech friend made sure I knew I was never welcome to visit him for a game again. That's right, I embarrassed a Tech fan. 

I've never been to a Tech game in Lubbock. In '98, when we did have the Internet and I was posting while in college, I had a chance to go with my roommates and some other buddies. But, I needed to work, I told myself. Ended up bringing a coworker home on Friday night and using both roommates' beds for the next two days, just fucking wrecking them. Watching the Tech debacle that Saturday only made things more violent. Good lord.

Anyway, my roommates and friends came home on Sunday evening to complain of the hideous behaviors they'd yet again witnessed in Lubbock. I felt bad for them, but not really. Both roommates ended up being furious about their sheets and such. Told them I'd also witnessed some hideous behaviors while they were gone. I found it funny, but I also was banned because of a Tech game in the 90's - banned from being in the apartment alone on a Tech weekend. I still hear shit about it and I still laugh. Many of us were barely qualified as human in college. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've never been to a Tech game in Lubbock. In '98, when we did have the Internet and I was posting while in college, I had a chance to go with my roommates and some other buddies. But, I needed to work, I told myself. Ended up bringing a coworker home on Friday night and using both roommates' beds for the next two days, just fucking wrecking them. Watching the Tech debacle that Saturday only made things more violent. Good lord.

Anyway, my roommates and friends came home on Sunday evening to complain of the hideous behaviors they'd yet again witnessed in Lubbock. I felt bad for them, but not really. Both roommates ended up being furious about their sheets and such. Told them I'd also witnessed some hideous behaviors while they were gone. I found it funny, but I also was banned because of a Tech game in the 90's - banned from being in the apartment alone on a Tech weekend. I still hear shit about it and I still laugh. Many of us were barely qualified as human in college. 

Bluto, is that you?

6FF5047A-32D0-4D00-8B79-78C63E17DFDC.jpeg

• Haha 1

I've not been able to be around much lately. I feel like every summer, some of us get busy with other shit and then a bunch of the rest of you guys just get or stay lazy and let dipshits like this clown show up and develop enough rep, somehow, that they get to stick around throughout the season and buttfuck threads constantly.
This guy posts too much and he's adding no value. How he has positive rep is beyond me. And I'm a supporter of being patient with new posters when they're not either trolls or just dipshits that can't sit back and learn for a bit, maybe read the room, before spewing their word vomit onto the board. 

It’s just straight up frustrating to see the shit off-centered and then people act like it’s not. The new stadium addition looks amazing, how fucking hard is it to move the goalpost (literally) to the fucking right by 2 feet
  • Fuck You 18

1 minute ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

It’s just straight up frustrating to see the shit off-centered and then people act like it’s not. The new stadium addition looks amazing, how fucking hard is it to move the goalpost (literally) to the fucking right by 2 feet

"Tom Herman winning" hard so get over it and fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

Move the entire field 2 feet you mean? Then you will be bitching about the North end zone tunnel imperfection. 

I promise you there's a good reason why it was done this way. The SEZ addition is symmetrical, it ties into the East and West existing structures, those aren't symmetrical with respect to the field.

Or just relax and take a deep breath, watch the football game and forgettaboutit brah. 

Here look at this picture and tell me all the symmetry imperfections.

1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

The goalposts are centered on the field. The rest don't make a shit. Go cry somewhere else, aggy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Well, you've certainly made up for lost time. Also, congratulations on embarrassing a Tech fan, I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Scholz said:

German beer is the #2 best invention of western civilization.  #1 is yoga pants.

The Germans invented yoga pants?  Man, they are so prolific! 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This sounds like a Penthouse forum letter crossed with a Goldilocks fetish, bravo.

• Drool 1

9 hours ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

It’s probably just as easy as adding fake championships to a wall.  

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Any photos of where they plan to hide the non-Eyes of Texas playing band?

Well the Eyes will definitely be played in DKR and that would probably trigger those little bitches.  I’m guessing they won’t be seen anywhere near the stadium on game day.  

• Hook 'Em 2