2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Just now, G650 said:

Exactly the point. People are tired of that shit. The smart political play is to be the opposite.

It is.  When asked if he stood by calling Trump a clown, the worst president ever, etc., Biden just said "I do, because they're true."

The American people -- a lot of them, at least -- have dumpster fire fatigue.  Just offering the alternative -- let's end this dumpster fire, constant drama, lying, TV preening and bullshit, etc. -- that's an unspoken campaign platform that can be a winner.

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t like this move by the Biden campaign.  Leave nothing on the table. Make the strongest case against Trump and for Biden.  DGAF if dotus caught a virus he saw coming well before anyone of us did.  

Biden's campaign is going high road..... All the advocates out there like Lincoln Project, Meidas, etc, etc can still get critical.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

If the President has an uneventful time in the hospital and the medical treatments available to him improve his health, the soonest he can get back out is October 14 or 15? That leaves less than 20 days before election day, correct? If he decides to rally again, that is going to be a heckuva schedule for someone his age.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

If the President has an uneventful time in the hospital and the medical treatments available to him improve his health, the soonest he can get back out is October 14 or 15? That leaves less than 20 days before election day, correct? If he decides to rally again, that is going to be a heckuva schedule for someone his age.

You obviously would worry about some sort of bounce in the polls if he recovers.  People would typically be relieved that the president isn't dead, and his popularity would go up.  We've seen that with Reagan after he was shot.

But Reagan was a normal president.  This is Trump, and he will remind everyone within hours why they hate him.

But it's still something to worry about.

28 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Biden's campaign is going high road..... All the advocates out there like Lincoln Project, Meidas, etc, etc can still get critical.

Yep, that's what I think.  Biden gets to claim the high road -- but no worries, PLENTY of people will be talking about the obvious truth of Dipshit Dumbass getting seriously ill with a hoax that will go away by Easter, in the summer heat, whatever.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Absolutely what he needed to do.  An easy layup, but he executed it just the same.

I suck at basketball, but I could hit that layup that Biden just converted.  Any person with an IQ above 90 and an ounce of empathy, even if they lack specific empathy or sympathy for Trump, could do it.  It's the easiest thing in the world.

And Trump can't do the same.

• Like 1

I believe that was pre-debate on the dates of that poll. Wonder if it changed?

Here's some more about it:

I'm not real great with copy image, but those categories are ages

18-39                                    40-59                                  60 and older         Independents

image.png.86949252dabd4cfc3a3113d1c4d79752.pngimage.png.86949252dabd4cfc3a3113d1c4d79752.png

There were 400 people surveyed via telephone. In Texas it was the second wave of polling from September 24 to 27. Debate was on 29th. The survey was conducted on behalf of the Human Rights campaign. Many of the questions were concerning the Equality Act and it was encouraging to see that there was more support for LBGQT rights. Still a long way to go, but progress moves America forward.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

29 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

It didn't take long.

We can leave those negative ads down for the weekend.  But then we start to drip out ads just with Trump's words to Woodward about the virus.

Biden needs to assume that he will recover and get out in front of any bump that Trump could get from recovery.  And you do that by cementing the foundation that Trump did this to himself.

This is why dems never win; right when something good happens they change the strategy and become pussies.

start attacking the whole rep party, show the ppl that science still matters and use every word with Covid against them. Hit them right now and continue to hit them. Go After every senator who’s seat is available.

get on the attacking, stop being nice 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

This is why dems never win; right when something good happens they change the strategy and become pussies.

start attacking the whole rep party, show the ppl that science still matters and use every word with Covid against them. Hit them right now and continue to hit them. Go After every senator who’s seat is available.

get on the attacking, stop being nice 

I’m with you on this.  Democrats still have a misunderstanding that this isn’t political warfare. You don’t stop the offensive just b/c your opponent blew his dick off. 

5 hours ago, elfenix said:

I think my writing class was more about how to properly do citations and research than it was about composition. they did have a remedial composition class that you could take from the English department in the undergrad side if you wanted to.

This is how mine was. +, check, minus, fail. Mostly about research and citations.

Start of the year I was getting  check pluses with notes to tighten up my bluebooking. Middle of the year- check- come see me if you don’t understand how to bluebook. End of the year- minus minus minus- your writing is excellent your blue booking is atrocious, it’s so bad you’d be unhireable. Somehow it continues to get worse- for the love of god come see me.

Nope. Ain’t nobody got time to do that. It was first year, class met on Fridays at 10:00 am, only class of the day on Friday, I’d be packed and headed to whatever game we were playing after that class. 

Still can’t conceive of what I was doing wrong. Shrug. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m with you on this.  Democrats still have a misunderstanding that this isn’t political warfare. You don’t stop the offensive just b/c your opponent blew his dick off. 

Saying you’re going to pull the negative ads doesn’t mean you have to do it for the next 30 days. 

I don’t believe you can debate or reason with fascists so take the next few days to plan and then go all in. If the Trump campaign points out the change, ignore it. It’s not football where the coach thinks he can run it up the middle every play when his O-Line sucks. Do what you gotta do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Saying you’re going to pull the negative ads doesn’t mean you have to do it for the next 30 days. 

I don’t believe you can debate or reason with fascists so take the next few days to plan and then go all in. If the Trump campaign points out the change, ignore it. It’s not football where the coach thinks he can run it up the middle every play when his O-Line sucks. Do what you gotta do. 

We are talking about Dems here, of course they gonna pull every negative add there and show us how to work together  with them

5 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

We are talking about Dems here, of course they gonna pull every negative add there and show us how to work together  with them

Guess some of us bitches better get to DC then, because I have a skillet that is ready to clang up side the  next knothead that says masks aren’t effective at slowing the spread.  How many times have we had to repeat how masks work?! 

SCIENCE!

57 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

my problem was that the short form rule could be read to allow you to do anything that made sense, and i was doing in a way other than what was illustrated.  when i pointed out to the prof that the rule kinda let you do as you pleased, she shrugged and said i should do it in one of the example ways. 

i eventually got so familiar with the blue book after that that my journal put me in charge of citation checks.

on reflection, they may have been punishing me for skipping out to watch astros playoffs games

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This is how mine was. +, check, minus, fail. Mostly about research and citations.

Start of the year I was getting  check pluses with notes to tighten up my bluebooking. Middle of the year- check- come see me if you don’t understand how to bluebook. End of the year- minus minus minus- your writing is excellent your blue booking is atrocious, it’s so bad you’d be unhireable. Somehow it continues to get worse- for the love of god come see me.
Nope. Ain’t nobody got time to do that. It was first year, class met on Fridays at 10:00 am, only class of the day on Friday, I’d be packed and headed to whatever game we were playing after that class. 

Fuck that. I just staple a wad of C-notes to the brief and hope for the best.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

If I were the Biden campaign I’d announce no further in person contact with the a Trump campaign going forward, including debates.  Basically, they can’t be trusted at any level on a Covid front.   Announce that you would be receptive to a streamed event. 

Absolutely. They’ve proven they can’t be trusted to be honest with their exposure and testing

Trumpers are snakes in the grass, rats. Don’t trust them And watch your back. When you got your guard down trying to be respectful to Trumps illness that’s when they strike. They’ll milk this pity and sorry thing for Trump as far as they can all the while playing negative ads and making up lies about Biden. All following Herr Leaders lead and example. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Trumpers are snakes in the grass, rats. Don’t trust them And watch your back. When you got your guard down trying to be respectful to Trumps illness that’s when they strike. They’ll milk this pity and sorry thing for Trump as far as they can all the while playing negative ads and making up lies about Biden. All following Herr Leaders lead and example. 

This.