2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, thepop said:

Well guys, I thought we had a chance but this guy has spoken.

Jackass. He originally tweeted this below which included the line: I predicted Obama would defeat Romney in 2012

He most certainly did not. In fact, he predicted Romney would win big.

https://morristowngreen.com/2012/10/29/republican-committee-panelists-discuss-election-politics-in-morristown/

from a forum on October 29, 2012..

McCullough predicted that Romney would win by a surprisingly large amount of the votes, “and it will be an early night for the networks. He will take New Hampshire, Virginia, Ohio, Florida and a close election in Pennsylvania.

Plus, he is predicting NM goes red on this newest map?

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thepop said:

Well guys, I thought we had a chance but this guy has spoken.

this guy ain't too good at this prediction stuff.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/five-reasons-why-i-believe-texas-governor-rick-perry-will-be-our-president-in-2013

Five Reasons Why I Believe Texas Governor Rick Perry Will Be Our President In 2013

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

Jackass. He originally tweeted this below which included the line: I predicted Obama would defeat Romney in 2012

He most certainly did not.

https://morristowngreen.com/2012/10/29/republican-committee-panelists-discuss-election-politics-in-morristown/

from a forum on October 29, 2012..

Plus, he is predicting NM goes red?

obvious troll is obvious.  or he's just a complete fucking moron.

10 hours ago, Satchel said:

Professor Allan Lichtman puts his perfect record on the line and calls the 2020 Race:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/us/allan-lichtman-trump-biden-2020-trnd/

about that

(It's worth mentioning that in 2000, Lichtman predicted that Al Gore would win the election. Although Gore won the popular vote, he ultimately lost the presidency to George W. Bush after the Supreme Court ruled to stop the recount for Florida's electoral votes. Lichtman stands by validity of his prediction.)

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That right there is the map that warms my heart. It's the map that gets you to 270 if you lose PA and still have 5 more outs. 

Trump is more likely to lose both MI and WI than PA at this point, IMO. The polling in PA is pretty good and he has a commanding lead. His polling in MI/WI is well within the range that the polls missed by in 2016. 

My wife put out a Biden sign this morning.  She doesn’t do politics at all, really doesn’t care much for Harris, but it’s exactly the demo that Trump has pushed full blue.  

The wave that’s coming is going to surprise some people.  Not me.  I think this could be 2008 like.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

538 has Biden at an 85% chance right now. Highest yet so far.

(caution: i think 538 had Hilary at 69% chance to win the day on Election Day)

However, the push for early voting this year is not doing Trump any favors. Once could argue a greater percentage of voters voting early in 2016 might have swung the election to Hillary (considering what happened in the last 10 days before Election Day).

Nothing happened.  I’ve read a lot of articles from local Arizona media. I’ve been following that state very closely the whole cycle. I took an interest in it after McCain and Jeff flake opposed Trump. 

the main criticism from Arizona voters including lots of independents is that Trump is all over the state and Biden hasn’t been here yet or been nearly as visual. I’ll shut up about it when they visit the state. 

Biden and Harris are in Arizona today.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I wonder if Ken Bone realizes that the only reason he ever got any attention is because he's a marginally funny meme representing every goofy fat awkward virgin everyone has ever known, and that nobody gives a shit about his opinions.

Edited by BradInATX

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Crosstabs, whatnot--those posters know who they are so break this down.

don't have to there was another poll today that had Trump +7 in Texas. I think Trump wins the state but it's going to be close. This is a more reputable pollster, however.

Edited by The Dog

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

don't have to there was another poll today that had Trump +7 in Texas. I think Trump wins the state but it's going to be close. This is a more reputable pollster, however.

This is listed as the methodology for the +7 poll:

In this survey of 1000 likely voters in Texas, there is a +/- 3% margin of error assuming a 95 percent confidence interval. Demographics in this sample are based on self-reported responses. 53 percent of respondents identified as female and 47 percent identified as male. For age, 37 percent of the sample is between 18-39 years old, 48 percent is between 40-64, and 15 percent is 65 years or older. By ethnicity, 24 percent of the sample identified as Hispanic/Latino, 12 percent identified as Black, 56 percent identified as white, and 8 percent represent other groups. By political party affiliation, the sample is 38 percent Republican, 32 percent Democrat and 30 percent chose neither major party.

The survey was conducted by Crosswind and Pulse Opinion Research on October 5-6, 2020.  Pulse Opinion Research, LLC is an independent public opinion research firm using automated polling methodology and procedures licensed from Rasmussen Reports, LLC.

https://crosswindpr.com/texas-statewide-poll-shows-trump-leading-biden-7-among-likely-voters/

(1) This doesn't describe methodology at all. So, I question whether this pollster even know what the word means. (2) "automated polling" basically means it is trash. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

This is listed as the methodology for the +7 poll:

https://crosswindpr.com/texas-statewide-poll-shows-trump-leading-biden-7-among-likely-voters/

(1) This doesn't describe methodology at all. So, I question whether this pollster even know what the word means. (2) "automated polling" basically means it is trash. 

It's a "C-" pollster according to 538, but a Trump +7 isn't THAT far off from what other more reputable pollsters have seen which is a 2-4 point lead for Trump. Most of the ones showing Biden ahead or tied were done for Democratic campaigns or Democratic groups. 

So he's not ahead by that much but it's not a big reach to say that he's ahead right now.