Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I get what you're saying. So I will add that one without the other discredits either alone.

I don't see how. The one they're polling is the one that matters regarding how people will vote in the upcoming election. That's what political pundits, candidates, elected officials, and people consuming political media care about right now.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't see how. The one they're polling is the one that matters regarding how people will vote in the upcoming election. That's what political pundits, candidates, elected officials, and people consuming political media care about right now.

Evidence should what guides what is believed or not believed.

17 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Speaking of that, while I admit I’ve never been a criminal “fixer” lawyer so this is all outside my area of expertise, it seems to me that Trump was right about paying cash and Cohen was insane to want a documented paper trail of Trump or him providing hush money payments that violate campaign finance law.  

In Cohen's defense, he knows about Trump's history of repaying debts.  I'd want proof that he owed me also.

1 minute ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Evidence should what guides what is believed or not believed.

And that's what is happening. You are attempting to require beyond a reasonable doubt levels of evidence when that's not how the court of public opinion works. We are somewhere past preponderance of the evidence and shy of ironclad smoking gun levels of proof. Preponderance of the evidence is a perfectly valid basis for forming an opinion.

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

In Cohen's defense, he knows about Trump's history of repaying debts.  I'd want proof that he owed me also.

Yeah. What 3 things do we know about Trump?

He lies. He threatens with "tapes" to get you to back down. He doesn't pay people.

I'd get all the fucking proof I could get.

18 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Speaking of that, while I admit I’ve never been a criminal “fixer” lawyer so this is all outside my area of expertise, it seems to me that Trump was right about paying cash and Cohen was insane to want a documented paper trail of Trump or him providing hush money payments that violate campaign finance law.  

They were setting up an LLC shell company in order to hide the details of the payment, so paying in cash doesn't make much sense.

Hey wait a minute.  This is the equivalent of meeting with foreign leaders alone and having no evidence of what was actually discussed.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/24/politics/foreign-leaders-call-white-house/index.html

Washington (CNN)The White House has suspended the practice of publishing public summaries of President Donald Trump's phone calls with world leaders, two sources with knowledge of the situation tell CNN, bringing an end to a common exercise from Republican and Democratic administrations.

11 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

So the reason Maddow was wrong was because other media outlets misrepresented the transcripts and video first which then caused the White House to echo those misrepresentations? 

Convenient.   

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What repercussions?  I think Trump understands just fine.  He just doesn't care. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And this hurts Trump personally how? 

Point is, Russia can get away with whatever they want with Trump in office. 

That is kinda the whole deal. 

This. At some point in the last 3-4 years, Putin told DOTUS that he was Putin's bitch. DOTUS is a Russian asset, and he knows it.

Edited by retread

Nothing will change the cognitive dissonance of Trumpkins until they feel it in their own wallets.  The agent of change is a nasty recession that hits overspending boomers hard.  Unfortunately it will harm the rest of us as well.  

The democrats who got paid off by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac caused the 2008 Recession, didnt you hear? Obama made it worse or delayed the recovery and increased the debt. At any given time 30-40% believe this crap.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

For those who haven't clicked on the link — it's a ball that includes such a chip as standard in its retail version.   So it wasn't specially inserted by Russia.  Just easily hackable. 

which is part of the problem in reporting of this nature. it's a natural part of the ball, but to read the tweet, you wouldn't know that. it's disingenuous, and is part of why so many in our country decry "fake news" so ardently.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

which is part of the problem in reporting of this nature. it's a natural part of the ball, but to read the tweet, you wouldn't know that. it's disingenuous, and is part of why so many in our country decry "fake news" so ardently.

Has the story been reported as described by any large media outlets? If not, why should they be smeared by this?

I agree with you about the reporting. I also wonder why a soccer ball has a chip. Is it like the one the government put in my head?

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Has the story been reported as described by any large media outlets? If not, why should they be smeared by this?

I agree with you about the reporting. I also wonder why a soccer ball has a chip. Is it like the one the government put in my head?

Right now the chip doesn't actually do anything - but the idea is that they eventually will be able to use it to collect data on speed, rotation, trajectory, and whatnot.

• Like 1