Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Good, they need to learn that elections have consequences

3 hours ago, retread said:

Both of these.  In rare defense of Trump, he's done as president mostly what he promised to do.  These people who voted for him and the GOP against their own self interest shouldn't be surprised.  The old whites in the Midwest had a choice between a free trade candidate who would make their products available the world over and a candidate who promised to cut that off.  Kind of like the olds who were surprised that Paul Ryan went after SS and Medicare and people in states like Oklahoma who continually vote GOP and are surprised when they cut school funding.

Elections have consequences and they're not all about gay wedding  cakes and shit.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Both of these.  In rare defense of Trump, he's done as president mostly what he promised to do.  These people who voted for him and the GOP against their own self interest shouldn't be surprised.  The old whites in the Midwest had a choice between a free trade candidate who would make their products available the world over and a candidate who promised to cut that off.  Kind of like the olds who were surprised that Paul Ryan went after SS and Medicare and people in states like Oklahoma who continually vote GOP and are surprised when they cut school funding.

Elections have consequences and they're not all about gay wedding  cakes and shit.

I've said it for years. If you are in the middle class, even the upper reaches of the middle class, or below, if you vote for Republicans you are voting against your own interests and helping people who want to do nothing more than distribute wealth upward.

It's really sad.

Citi: U.S. To Become World’s Top Oil Exporter

As global oil markets shift their attention from U.S. shale oil production back to a resurgent Saudi Arabia and Russia and geopolitical concerns bearing down on oil prices, Citigroup said last Wednesday that the U.S. is poised to surpass Saudi Arabia next year as the world’s largest exporter of crude and oil products.

The U.S. exported a record 8.3 million barrels per day (bpd) last week of crude oil and petroleum products, the government also said Wednesday. Top crude oil exporter Saudi Arabia’s, for its part, exported 9.3 million bpd in January, while Russia exported 7.4 million bpd, the bank added.

However, it should also be noted that the Citi projection is for both crude and finished (refined) petroleum products, not only crude oil. Saudi Arabia remains the world’s largest exporter of crude, though since January amid the OPEC/non-OPEC production cut agreement that figure has fallen. On April 10, the Saudi oil minister said that the kingdom planned to keep its crude oil shipments in May below 7 million bpd for the 12th consecutive month.

Saudi Arabia has also trimmed its oil production more than 100 percent of the output cuts it agreed to under the January 2017 production deal. In March, Saudi crude production was at 9.91 million bpd, below the deal’s output target of 10.058 million bpd.

Russia, however, also part of the global oil protection cut agreement, increased its crude oil production by 0.2 percent to 10.97 million bpd in March, compared to the previous month and an 11-month high.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Citi-US-To-Become-Worlds-Top-Oil-Exporter.html

2 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Actually the tax cut to the average family was never there. Their entire argument is that the tax cuts to corporations and wealthy would led to higher wages in the future, which we can't currently disprove unless you look at every economic report ever from the past. It will go to stock buybacks for at least the short term.

If I were the average family, I would be calculating take home pay and future tax burden to make sure they aren't fucked next year.

Unfortunately, the average  American family, more than likely, cannot make those calculations.

He wins not because he is piece of shit but because we eat the shit sandwich that the cook makes for us.

He also has help in it. We are going to hear 3.9% all weekend long from every news org. He spreads it the way the news can easily disseminate it and how people consume it. He wins not because he is piece of shit but because we eat the shit sandwich that the cook makes for us.

But see, it's chaos, death, and destruction if you want to reorder the kitchen.  Better that we hold the status quo, because if you change the kitchen staff, it might only get worse.  

Yup. Not sad one bit that these people are in for a real fucking rude awakening.

We’re all gonna hurt, prices will start to increase like crazy...but their savior is the one that is fucking them the hardest. Fuck em I say.

They got sold by vitriol that gays are evil, yay guns, boo immigrants. Hey, at least they’ll have their whack ass little maga hats.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I've said it for years. If you are in the middle class, even the upper reaches of the middle class, or below, if you vote for Republicans you are voting against your own interests and helping people who want to do nothing more than distribute wealth upward.

It's really sad.

I’ve asked my right wing associates why they are so quick to give their money to the rich?  They usually say it’s better than giving it to the government.  How about giving it to neither?

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Labor force participation rate when Trump took office, 62.9. 

Labor force participation rate Apr 18, 62.8

Trump is a goddamn miracle worker.

that's less than a CD /Silicon Valley

7 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Yup. Not sad one bit that these people are in for a real fucking rude awakening.

We’re all gonna hurt, prices will start to increase like crazy...but their savior is the one that is fucking them the hardest. Fuck em I say.

They got sold by vitriol that gays are evil, yay guns, boo immigrants. Hey, at least they’ll have their whack ass little maga hats.

Anti-education has consequences.  

i don't know if this has been posted, but holy shit, trump is more of a disaster than normal. this is definitely not turning out like he and rudy initially thought:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/04/politics/trump-giuliani-facts/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump publicly undermined his attorney Rudy Giuliani on Friday, saying the former New York City mayor had only a loose grasp of the Stormy Daniels business when he spoke about it earlier this week.

A clarifying statement from Giuliani issued four hours later did little to illuminate the matter. Instead, the series of pronouncements only lent further confusion to an issue that has deeply undercut the administration's credibility and has fueled the impression of a West Wing in crisis.

"He''ll get his facts straight," Trump stipulated of his longtime friend on Friday morning, before adding: "There has been a lot of misinformation. I say, You know what? Learn before you speak. It's a lot easier."

Calling Giuliani a "great guy," Trump nonetheless insisted his attorney wasn't fully up to speed when he told an interviewer that Trump had reimbursed another lawyer for hush money paid to Daniels, an adult film actress who claims she had sex with Trump in 2006. Trump has denied the encounter.

"He really has his heart into it. He's working hard," Trump said of Giuliani, before adding: "He's learning the subject matter."

By midday, Giuliani had issued a statement he said was "intended to clarify the views I expressed over the past few days." But it did little to spell out when precisely Trump knew of the payment, or how involved he was in reimbursing Cohen.

"My references to timing were not describing my understanding of the President's knowledge, but instead, my understanding of these matters," Giuliani wrote.

He asserted the payment would have been made "whether he was a candidate or not."

Trump sought to clarify the matter during a pair of morning appearances as he departed for Dallas, where he will address the National Rifle Association. He spoke first outside the South Portico, as his Marine One helicopter was idling nearby, and again under the wing of Air Force One at Joint Base Andrews.

It was his first time speaking about the matter after Giuliani sat for an interview this week and claimed Trump had paid back his lawyer Michael Cohen for the $130,000 hush payment to Daniels, an adult film actress whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford.
Trump seemed to initially back up Giuliani's statement on Twitter the morning after his interview. But he reversed course on Friday.
"Everything said has been said incorrectly," he said. Giuliani, who announced he was joining Trump's legal team 15 days ago, "started yesterday," the President insisted.

"When Rudy made the statements -- Rudy is great -- but Rudy had just started, and he wasn't totally familiar with everything," he said.
Trump had previously said he wasn't aware of the payment. He told reporters aboard Air Force One a month ago "no" when questioned about his knowledge of the arrangement.

He grew indignant on Friday when pressed about the shifting version of events.

"We're not changing any stories," Trump demanded on the Andrews tarmac. "This country is right now running so smooth and to be bringing up that kind of crap, and bringing up witch hunts all the time, that's all you want to talk about."

As reporters interjected, Trump chided them -- "excuse me, excuse me" -- and insisted they review what he'd said.

"You take a look at what I said. You go back and take a look," he ordered. "You'll see what I said."

The remarkable series of appearances did little to clarify matters, which have served to erode the credibility both of the President and his aides, who insisted Trump knew nothing of the hush payments.

Trump, however, said there should be no confusion.

"It's actually very simple," he declared without explanation.

fucking incredible

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

It's really sad.

A lot of Okie I know are screaming about the lack of funding in the schools, teacher salaries and what not.  Yet they've voted straight ticket GOP the last 10 years and they'll still vote straight ticket this year despite the GOP not even promising to increase funding.  

After a while, people get the government they deserve.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’ve asked my right wing associates why they are so quick to give their money to the rich?  They usually say it’s better than giving it to the government.  How about giving it to neither?

They're also convinced the government is completely wasteful with money and private corporations are 100% efficient and never waste anything.

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I've been told he once wore a tan suit.

Just...stop...will you please stop reminding us of those, the darkest days in American history, which we were all lucky to survive?  Some horrors...we don't need to re-live.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just...stop...will you please stop reminding us of those, the darkest days in American history, which we were all lucky to survive?  Some horrors...we don't need to re-live.

I see what you did there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It's really sad.

My granddad told me something when I was a little kid. He said Democrats work for the little man, Republicans work for the rich man.

He wasn't wrong.

Edited by RPM

The nomination process would go faster if he stopped nominating actual morons. After trying to slip in a couple of people who can barely read a book much less caselaw, congress critters got kind of leery about rubber stamping his judge appointees.

Edited by kevwun

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

He talked about arugula one time. Iceberg lettuce was good enough for Jesus and it’s good enough for me!

I've had about enough of the coastal elites and their goddam arugula.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Yeah and how many unanimously unqualified justices were appointed by Obama? Oh yeah, 0.

18 minutes ago, Pods said:

Thanks Obama

"Unemployment numbers significantly lower for unanimously unqualified justices under Trump Administration"- FOX News

• Like 1