Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

27 minutes ago, Purgatory County said:

Donald Trump isn't just proving that he's corrupt, he's proving that America is. In that respect, bravo.

He said he would drain the swamp. He didn't clarify his method of doing so or that he would be the fat fuck clogging the drain. Once Mueller pushes his shit in, the swamp will be cleansed. Well, at least some.  

So Trump's disclosure statement admits that Trump paid Cohen 130k  to reimburse him for the money he spent to silence Stormy Daniels.

At first Trump and Cohen denied that he had an affair with Stormy Daniels. Then they said that Cohen entered the NDA without Trump's knowledge, that he paid Daniels with his own money, and was not reimbursed. Then Giuliani said that the President HAD reimbursed Cohen. Now Trump has admitted it in a financial disclosure statement ------ but he was legally required to make this disclosure last year. 

It just goes on and on. I'm numb. 

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

So Trump's disclosure statement admits that Trump paid Cohen 130k  to reimburse him for the money he spent to silence Stormy Daniels.

At first Trump and Cohen denied that he had an affair with Stormy Daniels. Then they said that Cohen entered the NDA without Trump's knowledge, that he paid Daniels with his own money, and was not reimbursed. Then Giuliani said that the President HAD reimbursed Cohen. Now Trump has admitted it in a financial disclosure statement ------ but he was legally required to make this disclosure last year. 

It just goes on and on. I'm numb. 

Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

And this points to an illegal campaign contribution, because the timing of the payment to Stormy Daniels clearly coincided with the impending election.

Remember, it was just last month that Trump flat out liked on Airforce 1 when asked if he knew about the payment to Stormy Daniels:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/05/trump-stormy-daniels-payment-michael-cohen-504607

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Rex Tillerson is an American Hero for standing up to Trump like that. I hope he becomes the next UT Chancellor and replaces that coward McRaven. We need real leaders like Mr. Tillerson at UT. 

Meh.

Acting like you have balls AFTER the fight is over is him acting like that asshole friend of yours -- you know the guy....he was nowhere to be found when the shit was hitting the fan and you were fighting for your life in that bar with a bunch of drunk Sooners who wanted to start shit.  But once you all ended up back at the car, battered and worn out, he was full of piss and vinegar: "Man, those guys were LUCKY I was in the bathroom taking a dump the whole time -- damn those hot wings I had at dinner!  I'da kicked ALL their asses if I'da been out there!"

Bravery after the battle is over isn't bravery at all.

I'm looking all over this country for one. fucking. leader....with a goddamned pair of balls.  Haven't found one yet.

• Like 3

Trump  did not understand Tillerson when he made him Secretary of State. The CEO of Exxon and a fucking Texan does not need to kiss anybody’s ass and Trump relies on boot licking for 90% of his interpersonal strategies. 

Tillerson will always be a Longhorn.

Be that as it may, I can’t see someone that played a prominent role in the Trump admin as chancellor, even if he was defiant. Two big constituencies would hate it: left leaning academics and never trumpers who just want nothing to do with the administration. 

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Meh.

Acting like you have balls AFTER the fight is over is him acting like that asshole friend of yours -- you know the guy....he was nowhere to be found when the shit was hitting the fan and you were fighting for your life in that bar with a bunch of drunk Sooners who wanted to start shit.  But once you all ended up back at the car, battered and worn out, he was full of piss and vinegar: "Man, those guys were LUCKY I was in the bathroom taking a dump the whole time -- damn those hot wings I had at dinner!  I'da kicked ALL their asses if I'da been out there!"

I'm looking all over this country for one. fucking. leader....with a goddamned pair of balls.  Haven't found one yet.

You are misreading it. It was known from jumpstreet that Tillerson was trying to keep the Trump policies sane.  If he just told Trump to go fuck himself all the time, he would’ve been canned immediately. Then they would’ve just had some other nut in there to do Trumps bidding. That’s not service to your country. 

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Trump  did not understand Tillerson when he made him Secretary of State. The CEO of Exxon and a fucking Texan does not need to kiss anybody’s ass and Trump relies on boot licking for 90% of his interpersonal strategies. 

Tillerson will always be a Longhorn.

Be that as it may, I can’t see someone that played a prominent role in the Trump admin as chancellor, even if he was defiant. Two big constituencies would hate it: left leaning academics and never trumpers who just want nothing to do with the administration. 

Exactly. Tillerson was such a bad ass when he was Secretary of State, always standing up to Trump and not behaving like an idiot sycophant. I remember one time he stood up to Trump and said "Have you no decency sir?!" and Trump ran away because Tillerson is a Longhorn and a hero. He is probably the most impressive and successful Secretary of State ever. So proud to share the same alma mater as the brilliant diplomat Rex Tillerson. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Exactly. Tillerson was such a bad ass when he was Secretary of State, always standing up to Trump and not behaving like an idiot sycophant. I remember one time he stood up to Trump and said "Have you no decency sir?!" and Trump ran away because Tillerson is a Longhorn and a hero. He is probably the most impressive and successful Secretary of State ever. So proud to share the same alma mater as the brilliant diplomat Rex Tillerson. 

As much I would have like to have seen that, trying to remain one of the few adults in the room was likely his motivation for swallowing a bunch of shit sandwiches. Trump fired Tillerson for his calling him an idiot.

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

You are misreading it. It was known from jumpstreet that Tillerson was trying to keep the Trump policies sane.  If he just told Trump to go fuck himself all the time, he would’ve been canned immediately. Then they would’ve just had some other nut in there to do Trumps bidding. That’s not service to your country. 

"Service to our country" would have been to see the deranged nutbar at the wheel, and to use your position to develop information and evidence to take him out.  Tillerson either was privy to -- or could have made himself privy to -- Trump committing impeachable offenses.  A man with balls would have done that.

Instead, Tillerson is going to go down as another fool who thought he could steer the tornado of insanity that is Trump, and when it turned out he couldn't, he just bailed out on the American people.  Thanks, Rex.  We're all safer today because of what you did....wait, you didn't do a goddamned thing.  Nevermind.  Thanks for nothing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Plus, we need more rank and file Longhorns as President of the University.  Enough with these ivory tower PhD elitist types.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I haven’t been following the news today...

Did anything happen today?

Rudy claimed that Mueller's team notified him that they cannot indict a sitting President.

I’m disappointed in Rex but not as harsh. He publicly tried to push the president and was clear but leaked conversations that he didn’t respect Trump.

Given the level of craziness and lack of public support of Trump policies, I’d give Rex the benefit of doubt.

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I haven’t been following the news today...

Did anything happen today?

Senate Intel Committee announced it has determined the U.S. intelligence was correct in determining that Russia interfered with the 2016 election with the objective of helping Trump.

Standard preemptive Wed news dump to get ahead of the upcoming Friday news dump. 

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I must admit, I’m getting kinda burned out on Trump Russia news.  

Junior is all in on the lie that he never told his old man about the Trump Tower meeting.

He told him. The Donald teased the information he thought he was going to get in a speech after he won the NJ primary on June 7. The Trump Tower meeting took place on June 9.

From his June 7 speech: 

I am going to give a major speech on probably Monday of next week and we’re going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons. I think you’re going to find it very informative and very, very interesting. I wonder if the press will want to attend, who knows.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Junior is all in on the lie that he never told his old man about the Trump Tower meeting.

He told him. The Donald teased the information he thought he was going to get in a speech after he won the NJ primary on June 7. The Trump Tower meeting took place on June 9.

From his June 7 speech: 

Of course he knew. There's no way he wouldn't know. I've made the comparison before but it's like with the police investigation into Jerry Sandusky at PSU in 1998. Of course Joe knew. I didn't need to see the evidence to know he knew.

Father Martin is a truth speakin’ Jesuit mofo. Love the guy.
As Jesuit Dallas grad, but not a practicing catholic, I agree. But then again, Jesuits tend to be very level headed and smart.

This guy (and others) and the pope give me hope that maybe Catholicism can be brought into modern times. Not that it has any bearing on me, but my family.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Meh.

well, we had one and he was promptly sacrificed even though he literally asked for an investigation.   I really liked Frankin.  

I can appreciate and agree with a priest talking about the dignity of all people, but in the spirit of intellectual honesty, the Trump "the people are animals" line was in the context of MS-13 gang members coming into the country. Maybe it makes no difference as far as the morality of such a statement, but to characterize it as a blanket statement against an entire population by referencing genocides is simply dishonest. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I must admit, I’m getting kinda burned out on Trump Russia news.  

He can't stop lying and each time adds more to the extensive list of bullshit this unchecked administration creates.  The lies are like sand in an hourglass that's attached to a beach by a funnel which never gets flipped.  At some point, the hourglass just gets buried by sand.  

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Russia stuff is still interesting.  Trump is getting boring AF though.

His constant over-the-top behavior is desensitizing you. It's intentional on the Trump camp's part. It's happening to all of us. 

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Rex Tillerson is an American Hero for standing up to Trump like that. I hope he becomes the next UT Chancellor and replaces that coward McRaven. We need real leaders like Mr. Tillerson at UT. 

Slow your roll.  Tillerson was as big a hack as anyone else in this administration.

• Like 1