Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

11 minutes ago, retread said:

Somehow, Cohen's lawyer will soon need his own lawyer by being associated w DOTUS.

He was asked directly multiple times to put his money where his mouth was and put some skin in the game and he never once took the bait--whoops, that was just Cohen's mouthpiece. 

I had "that conversation" the other day with a family member who used to be pro Trump even through last summer and now hates the guy.

I choose to extrapolate that there are many more who feel the same way.

6 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I had "that conversation" the other day with a family member who used to be pro Trump even through last summer and now hates the guy.

What sent him over the edge?

13 minutes ago, ndawg said:

My friend’s dad appears to be there. The Omnibus Bill appears to have done it. He’s mad about deficits and that Mexico isn’t paying for the wall and that there’s no wall already. Also the lack of a Muslim ban and the trans people are still. He’s disgusted with “the RINO establishment” and says that The Donald let him down and that he may not vote for a Republican ever again.

Go figure, he thought it was all on the level, poor sucker. The sad part is I guarantee he winds up entering  a strait ticket Republican ballot this November. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

My friend’s dad appears to be there. The Omnibus Bill appears to have done it. He’s mad about deficits and that Mexico isn’t paying for the wall and that there’s no wall already. Also the lack of a Muslim ban and the trans people are still. He’s disgusted with “the RINO establishment” and says that The Donald let him down and that he may not vote for a Republican ever again.

Go figure, he thought it was all on the level, poor sucker. The sad part is I guarantee he winds up entering  a strait ticket Republican ballot this November. 

It's become really hard for Trump loyalists to make a case that Trump has reached even a baseline level of competency, IMO.

Trump attack unleashes oppo against Mueller

‘It looks like the beginnings of a campaign,’ said a source familiar with Trump’s legal strategy.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/28/trump-mueller-russia-probe-488695

Sums up some of what some of you guys have been saying since he started tweeting at Mueller.

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/28/trump-mueller-russia-probe-488695

Sums up some of what some of you guys have been saying since he started tweeting at Mueller.

“If it’s the last act I do on this Earth I’m getting to the bottom of this,” Hannity said. “I’m not going to stop. Unless I have a stroke on the air and can’t talk or function, I’m going to keep going.”

Would that we would be so lucky.

Hey, look - The guy who was willing to tell America that Trump isn't crazy was nominated for VA Secretary!

For Trump, watching Ronny Jackson lie through his teeth to the press was like watching someone kill a guy to get into your gang.  He proved his loyalty.  And loyalty matters most.  Now he's being rewarded.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That’s a stupid fucking tweet. 

1.  This isn’t some revelation.  They have always claimed that Trump was not a party to the contract.

2.  He doesn’t need to be a party in order for her to be bound by a contract between Cohen and her.  This is where that tweet is just terrible, legally speaking.

In fact the entire Daniels point is trying to prove that Trump was a party to the contract, and because he didn’t sign it, it’s not a valid agreement.

6 minutes ago, scottsins said:

That’s a stupid fucking tweet. 

1.  This isn’t some revelation.  They have always claimed that Trump was not a party to the contract.

2.  He doesn’t need to be a party in order for her to be bound by a contract between Cohen and her.  This is where that tweet is just terrible, legally speaking.

In fact the entire Daniels point is trying to prove that Trump was a party to the contract, and because he didn’t sign it, it’s not a valid agreement.

Edit (by quote) to add that even if trump DID know about the payment, that wouldn’t necessarily make him a party to the contract.

21 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Edit (by quote) to add that even if trump DID know about the payment, that wouldn’t necessarily make him a party to the contract.

Thread where I believe a lot of lawyers disagree with your assessment 

I don't want to hear a got dam nother word about ethical voters being evangelical fundamentalist protestants. They shot any credibility they had straight to hell. 

If any one of you sonsabitches brings up Bill Clinton getting a BJ I am gonna lose whatever composure I have. 

spanked with a Newsweek, yep anointed by God

Q: “Can you explain to me how a guy that eats McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken and all those Diet Cokes, and who never exercises, is in as good of shape as you say he’s in?” 

A: “It’s called genetics. I don't know, some people have just great genes” 

Speaking of genetics, Fred Trump had alzheimers for six years before he died. 

The conflicting thing with Evangelicals and Trump is to be granted forgiveness/mulligan you must first confess and account for your sins.

Trump has offered no such confession or acknowledgement of wrongdoing.

This makes the Evangelical defenders look more like frauds and enablers more than anything.

7 hours ago, Lurch said:

Thread where I believe a lot of lawyers disagree with your assessment 

I guarantee you that no lawyer is stating that if you know about a contract, you are a party to it.  The concept is known as third party beneficiary.  I learned it in law school.

Avenatti’s main theory is that the contractual language places obligations on Trump personally, meaning that his actual consent to the agreement (signature) would be required in order to manifest a valid enforceable contract.

Cohen’s defense is that the agreement is between himself and Stormy.  The point of contention is not whether or not Trump knew.  It’s whether he needed to know/consent in order for her to be bound.

Thats the main legal issue.  The tweet is asserting a different theory altogether. 

If you can show me other colleagues on a thread somewhere that disagree with that, I’m open to discussion.

FYI, I lean towards the Daniels side of the debate I laid out above.

8 minutes ago, Chewy's Hairy Horn said:

Bezos also owns the Washington Post.  But yeah, Amazon is un-American or whatever it is he's prattling on about now.

Yeah, I know, and when stories came out that Trump was ranting about Amazon, my first thought was he was actually ranting about the Washington Post.  He can’t make things too difficult for the media yet, but he can try and put pressure on Bezos in other ways. 

I guarantee you that no lawyer is stating that if you know about a contract, you are a party to it.  The concept is known as third party beneficiary.  I learned it in law school.
Avenatti’s main theory is that the contractual language places obligations on Trump personally, meaning that his actual consent to the agreement (signature) would be required in order to manifest a valid enforceable contract.
Cohen’s defense is that the agreement is between himself and Stormy.  The point of contention is not whether or not Trump knew.  It’s whether he needed to know/consent in order for her to be bound.
Thats the main legal issue.  The tweet is asserting a different theory altogether. 
If you can show me other colleagues on a thread somewhere that disagree with that, I’m open to discussion.
FYI, I lean towards the Daniels side of the debate I laid out above.

So would it matter that there was a line for Trump’s alias to sign but never did? That would seem deceptive.

6 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don't want to hear a got dam nother word about ethical voters being evangelical fundamentalist protestants. They shot any credibility they had straight to hell. 

If any one of you sonsabitches brings up Bill Clinton getting a BJ I am gonna lose whatever composure I have. 

spanked with a Newsweek, yep anointed by God

They will bring up values with the next presidential candidate and that they needed trump more than a moral leader.  But the next time it will be different,   

47 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I thought he said not paying taxes made you smart. 

It’s smart for him to not pay taxes.  When others do it, they need to be stopped.   But it should be noted that amazon does pay sales tax in most states.  Maybe 40+ now so trump is mistaken once again/lying again.

i agree amazon creates problems for retailers and manufacturers but they are the logical conclusion for nternet shopping.  And since they are no where near a monopoly, the govt can’t so much.   I suppose trump can put a dent in their sales with the rubes but not much.

50 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I thought he said not paying taxes made you smart. 

Amazon nearly singlehandedly keeps the USPS in business. Their usage runs in the black and keeps scale sufficiently high. 

Trump doesn't have to worry though. Amazon is planning to get all the way to everyones door on their own. The USPS may have to shut down entirely when that happens. UPS and Fedex too.