Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The president of the United States just said a dictator executing people shows he’s a tough guy. Or was he misquoted. 

I repeat, the president of the United States just said a dictator executing people shows he’s a tough guy. 

I see you're acting shocked, but why?

44 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

he lost me when he said he said he liked Scott Walker types.  Trump is a Scott Walker type--guess who Scott Walker enthusiastically voted for.  The Scott Walker types helped pave the way for Trumpism.  

You don’t think building a wall along the Canadian border is a legitimate issue?

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

You don’t think building a wall along the Canadian border is a legitimate issue?

Don't you think it'd be wise to wall off the East and West Coasts first, fasten up the Gulf Wall and then nuke Maine?  I mean build the box and put the lid on later.  It takes time to construct a giant cubicle.  Don't be so hasty.  

57 minutes ago, SKJ said:

I see you're acting shocked, but why?

Acting? Trump has managed to find a new level of shocking.

Lil' Rocketman Kim is the most dangerous man in the world. China is mercilessly screwing us.

My pals Kim and the Chinese premier are tough guys who've done very well for themselves. Impressive.

The land of Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, and Lincoln has, through the elected President, endorsed two autocrats, one of whom is a known murderer guilty of fratricide.

Also shocking? We just look at our monitors or agree with the TV, and nothing happens. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

The president of the United States just said a dictator executing people shows he’s a tough guy. Or was he misquoted. 

I repeat, the president of the United States just said a dictator executing people shows he’s a tough guy. 

At least he's consistent. He loves murderous dictators. 

"There are a lot of killers. You think our country's so innocent?" (Donald Trump - Feb, 2017, defending Vladimir Putin)

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/04/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin/index.html

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Acting? Trump has managed to find a new level of shocking.

Lil' Rocketman Kim is the most dangerous man in the world. China is mercilessly screwing us.

My pals Kim and the Chinese premier are tough guys who've done very well for themselves. Impressive.

The land of Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, and Lincoln has, through the elected President, endorsed two autocrats, one of whom is a known murderer guilty of fratricide.

Also shocking? We just look at our monitors or agree with the TV, and nothing happens. 

I mean, I just thought we were all immune.

We all know he's a horrible, traitorous, idiotic piece of shit...

I've been saying he's tyrannical since he was elected.

I basically had to argue that point for a month in the other site

Not like I'm psychic or anything, but you know.

Edited by SKJ
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is fucking insane.

I agree with her and would like to MAGA. However, I think she and Trump would disagree with my first step in that process which would be impeachment.

12 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Is it though?

I mean coming from a bitch named Ronna McDaniel?

At least when Ronald McDonald goes the way of Bruce Jenner, he’s got a slam dunk of a name waiting for him. 

Come to think of it, has anybody seen Ronald McDonald lately,?

I mean, the bitch is a clown, no doubt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SKJ said:

I've been saying he's tyrannical since he was elected.

I basically had to argue that point for a month in the other site

Not like I'm psychic or anything, but you know.

If only we could have seen this coming? If only someone would have warned us before hand? How were we supposed to know?

The people that got duped are really ignorant and we have a whole lot of ignorant.

No other way to put it. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

To those that defend Glenn Greenwald, can you explain this please?

52A9C2B1-1006-4831-A3CA-2315374346B7_zps

He's not wrong.  If you watch/read mainstream media publications, you are overwhelmed with commentary from "traditional" Republicans who continuously lament what has happened to their party.  From Ana Navarro to Richard Painter to non-stop coverage of everything that Jeff Flake says, it would be a logical conclusion that this viewpoint is a prominent one, and yet election after election has shown that the #NEVERTRUMP Republican wing is essentially nonexistent among the general public.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He's not wrong.  If you watch/read mainstream media publications, you are overwhelmed with commentary from "traditional" Republicans who continuously lament what has happened to their party.  From Ana Navarro to Richard Painter to non-stop coverage of everything that Jeff Flake says, it would be a logical conclusion that this viewpoint is a prominent one, and yet election after election has shown that the #NEVERTRUMP Republican wing is essentially nonexistent among the general public.

He’s completely wrong and represents the far left side of the crazies.  Yeah, the traditional principled Republicans are being more vocal in the MSM because that’s all they can do as they watch their party devolve into a Trump Cult.  What else are they supposed to do except defend the conservative ideology?

Moreover, people are not identifying themselves as Republicans more and more because of Trump, those that remain support him which also contributes to the approval numbers being artificially high among republicans. 

There are plenty of conservatives disgusted with Trump.  Greenwald is a fucking hack.

And finally, the party of Trump is the real media invention. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

lol "Lots of PARENTS of Korean War vets spoke to me".
This fucking fuck just lies to lie.  For no fucking reason.
The Korean War ended 65 years ago!  If the average serviceman was in their early 20s, the vets themselves are fucking 85-90 years old themselves.
But their FUCKING PARENTS - a lot of them, in fact - begged you to get back their remains.
Can no one in the media just look him in the face and call him a liar?
Anyone?

But 57 states!

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s completely wrong and represents the far left side of the crazies.  Yeah, the traditional principled Republicans are being more vocal in the MSM because that’s all they can do as they watch their party devolve into a Trump Cult.  What else are they supposed to do except defend the conservative ideology?

Moreover, people are not identifying themselves as Republicans more and more because of Trump, those that remain support him which also contributes to the approval numbers being artificially high among republicans. 

There are plenty of conservatives disgusted with Trump.  Greenwald is a fucking hack.

And finally, the party of Trump is the real media invention. 

Hugo, I think your anger is a bit misguided here.  There's been a clear pattern in who is winning Republican primaries lately, and it ain't the John McCain wing of the Republican party.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is fucking insane.

its fascism. 

fascism comes about when no one can communicate and there is a vacuum of decision making. then the devils step in and repeat themselves over and over again until what they say is reality. its horseshit. 

i can say it needs to stop, but we are far past that rationalization. see point one - we cannot communicate. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

I’d wager quote a few senators can’t stand the motherfucker, but aren’t ready to retire yet.

I’m holding that once McCain and Corker are out of the picture that someone else will stand up and be the voice of reason.

Any gop senator re-elected in 2016 should have nothing to fear from trump.  He can’t do anything to them.  Even McConnell can’t really punish a gop senator given his small majority.  And if any senator isn’t saying what they want out of fear of being re-elected in 2022, they shouldn’t be there.    Even the ones up for election in 2020 shouldn’t fear much.  

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

To those that defend Glenn Greenwald, can you explain this please?

52A9C2B1-1006-4831-A3CA-2315374346B7_zps

This has been obvious for a long time now. The most vocal Never Trump Republicans are the Neoconservatives that lost their power with the rise of Trumpism. They were ousted from the GOP and are probably a little pissed about it. Let's not forget these were the same assholes that put us into a state of war for the past 15+ years. Fuck those guys.

8 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

@Hugo Stiglitz c'mon, this didn't happen in a vacuum. The GOP has embraced this garbage style since at least Obama was elected. Mitch McConnel wanted this type of shit to happen, they just aren't so incredibly stupid to openly admit it.

The party of Ronald Reagan, George Bush, Mitt Romney, and John McCain did not want this to happen.  

Which only hurts that party as is putting them in a corner which will be tough to climb out of. Republicans who are pushed around by these types and moderates will likely lean more democratic in the future.

Republicans are going short term success(?) over long term. Bad play IMO.

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

This has been obvious for a long time now. The most vocal Never Trump Republicans are the Neoconservatives that lost their power with the rise of Trumpism. They were ousted from the GOP and are probably a little pissed about it. Let's not forget these were the same assholes that put us into a state of war for the past 15+ years. Fuck those guys.

The neoconservatives/regular conservatives did get cucked by Trump and they are most vocal because they have an actual ideology they are defending instead of blind devotion to a fucking moron with no ideology.  

You might disagree with the neoconservatives/conservatives on policy and that’s fine. There are plenty of good reasons for that but to buy into the idea that the never Trump Republicans are a media invention while ignoring the actual media invention that is Trumpism is intellectually dishonest and absurd.

While there's much truth to the underlying point about the R electorate, Greenwald obscures that point by contending that Republican Trump objectors is a fictitious category populated only by media-seeking neocons.   That is not accurate. 

• Like 2

Which only hurts that party as is putting them in a corner which will be tough to climb out of. Republicans who are pushed around by these types and moderates will likely lean more democratic in the future.

Republicans are going short term success(?) over long term. Bad play IMO.

What makes you think they’ll need to climb out of it? They’re winning.

Once fascism takes hold, it’s hard to root out. The Romans kept the guise of Republicanism going for 500 years after it had been tossed aside.

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

While there's much truth to the underlying point about the R electorate, Greenwald obscures that point by contending that Republican Trump objectors is a fictitious category populated only by media-seeking neocons.   That is not accurate. 

I view it as an insult since these never Trump Republicans are doing little to try and work against him.

• Like 1

What makes you think they’ll need to climb out of it? They’re winning.

Once fascism takes hold, it’s hard to root out. The Romans kept the guise of Republicanism going for 500 years after it had been tossed aside.

Optimism that when shit it’s the fan and the people of the Midwest get hit in the pocket books by these dumb decisions by Trump will make them realize. He was elected by something like 80k votes spread across 3 states. That’s very very slim margin and pushing just 1% could completely change voting.

3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I view it as an insult since these never Trump Republicans are doing little to try and work against him.

The never Trump Republicans in the media are saying EXACTLY what the democrats should be screaming but choose not to.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The neoconservatives/regular conservatives did get cucked by Trump and they are most vocal because they have an actual ideology they are defending instead of blind devotion to a fucking moron with no ideology.  

You might disagree with the neoconservatives/conservatives on policy and that’s fine. There are plenty of good reasons for that but to buy into the idea that the never Trump Republicans are a media invention while ignoring the actual media invention that is Trumpism is intellectually dishonest and absurd.

How many traditional conservative Republicans do we see on TV that identify with the NeverTrumpers?

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Any gop senator re-elected in 2016 should have nothing to fear from trump.  He can’t do anything to them.  Even McConnell can’t really punish a gop senator given his small majority.  And if any senator isn’t saying what they want out of fear of being re-elected in 2022, they shouldn’t be there.    Even the ones up for election in 2020 shouldn’t fear much.  

They don't fear Trump, they fear Trumpsters.  If that even represents 10% of the Republican voters, and those Trumpster-Republicans would hold a grudge for 4 years, that's a five point drop in a purple district.  It doesn't matter if the anti-Trump Republicans make up 80% of the voters (and they don't), because so far their dedication to the GOP flag has rendered them impotent.  They haven't demonstrated a willingness to make allow their party to lose elections if their viewpoint isn't represented, while the Trumpster and tea-partiers have.  There is a civil war in the party, and only one side is willing to fight.  The best thing that could happen for the traditional wing of the GOP is to get slaughtered in the 2018 midterms to demonstrate the unviable, unsustainable nature of Trump's movement, and, therefore establish their importance.  But, unlike the Trumpsters, they define themselves by the success of their party, rather than their issues. 

• Like 1