Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Daily Caller, actually.

Do you mean an actual person calling in?  So just random uninformed dipshits with bullshit stories are essentially making US stances and policies??

..oh wait..Why am I even questioning this..of course they are.

6 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Do you mean an actual person calling in?  So just random uninformed dipshits with bullshit stories are essentially making US stances and policies??

..oh wait..Why am I even questioning this..of course they are.

No, daily caller as in the right wing rag lol. It was founded by Tucker Carlson, which is about all you need to know. They aren't real big on facts over there.

http://dailycaller.com/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Anyone who wasn't a complete moron took one look at that tax bill and knew it was nothing more than corporate welfare. Unlike previous republican issued corporate welfare it wasn't even hidden. 

No it was not.  Political rhetoric even mentioned taking care of donors.  WTF.

News from Russia...

“According to Telegram-channel Mash, the senior executive of Novolipetsk Steel Plant (NLMK) Bruno Charles de Kooman fell out of window of the House on the Embankment in the center of Moscow and died. 

According to preliminary data, de Kooman fell out of window of the ninth floor of the House on the Embankment on Serafimovich Street. The Telegram-channel Mash says he was sober. 

In his friend’s words, he was going upstairs and asked to wait him at the front of the house. Literally minutes after, the man fell out of the window. In an interview with the Telegram-channel, he also said that de Kooman died before emergency medical service arrived. 

It is known that de Kooman has worked as a research and development vice-president in the company. “

https://en.crimerussia.com/gromkie-dela/senior-executive-of-steel-plant-in-russia-bruno-charles-de-kooman-falls-out-of-window-in-moscow/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Questions for the board:

Churches are in fact still prohibited from actually endorsing candidates, lest they lose their tax exempt status, correct?

Would it be poetic justice or tragic irony if DOTARD encouraged them to do just that, and they lost their tax exempt status?

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Questions for the board:

Churches are in fact still prohibited from actually endorsing candidates, lest they lose their tax exempt status, correct?

Would it be poetic justice or tragic irony if DOTARD encouraged them to do just that, and they lost their tax exempt status?

I'd be more curious to learn how the tax code is applied . . . surely one rogue congregation can't bring down an entire denomination . . . is it literally at the individual church level?

I ask because I would be more than happy to record a few services in late October and early November.  Call it God's work.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I didn’t vote for either and I have no guilt about it.

Again, if either party wants me to vote for their candidate, get better candidates.

Done with you on this.

Explain why you think Hillary Clinton would have been as bad a POTUS as Donald Trump. The guy has a point in that I've never heard a detailed explanation of why she's worse that doesn't reference conspiracy nuttery.

2 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

I'm guessing that the top IT guys at Facebook are making about 5x that of the top Government IT guys. Funny how smart, competent people tend to flock to higher paying jobs. 

Did some consulting for DISA a few years back. I was sitting in a room with some of their folks going over some data for network forensics. One guy points out a bunch of lines and asks "what is that?"  I explained it was an attempted SQL injection. He asks more questions, I explain the concept of a SQL injection. He then asks for an explanation of the SQL statements we were looking at. I  explain and then say, "your a network engineer and probably unfamiliar with this stuff." He corrects me and says, "No, I am a DBA not a network engineer."

I looked like this upon hearing he was a DBA while asking about rudimentary SQL statements.

Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Did some consulting for DISA a few years back. I was sitting in a room with some of their folks going over some data for network forensics. One guy points out a bunch of lines and asks "what is that?"  I explained it was an attempted SQL injection. He asks more questions, I explain the concept of a SQL injection. He then asks for an explanation of the SQL statements we were looking at. I  explain and then say, "your a network engineer and probably unfamiliar with this stuff." He corrects me and says, "No, I am a DBA not a network engineer."

I looked like this upon hearing he was a DBA while asking about rudimentary SQL statements.

Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

I am going to just nod along and pretend I have a clue about what the fuck any of that means. I gather in layman's terms you're saying that government employees are stupid? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

Most large, older, non-tech companies are full to the brim with people like this. It's honestly pretty astounding how many olds are pulling down $150k+ salaries while knowing fuck all about modern standards, practices, and risks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Explain why you think Hillary Clinton would have been as bad a POTUS as Donald Trump. The guy has a point in that I've never heard a detailed explanation of why she's worse that doesn't reference conspiracy nuttery.

Jesus titty fucking Christ.

I have never said she would be as bad as Trump. Find where I said that.  I’ve never said one good thing about Trump; not on here, not on the shag, not anywhere.  Find a non negative statement I’ve made about that asshole...you can’t.

Im not a Democrat and I’m not a republican; I think you all suck.  I’ve voted Libertarian, as a protest vote, in the last 4 POTUS elections because I haven’t liked anyone either of the parties have nominated.  It don’t make a shit b/c I live in Texas.  

You want to go accuse people who didn’t vote Hillary for getting him elected, fly to the rust belt and knock yourself out.

If you don’t like that answer, you’re free to neg away and kindly fuck off.

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I have never said she would be as bad as Trump. Find where I said that.  I’ve never said one good thing about Trump; not on here, not on the shag, not anywhere.  Find a non negative statement I’ve made about that asshole...you can’t.

Im not a Democrat and I’m not a republican; I think you all suck.  I’ve voted Libertarian, as a protest vote, in the last 4 POTUS elections because I haven’t liked anyone either of the parties have nominated.  It don’t make a shit b/c I live in Texas.  

You want to go accuse people who didn’t vote Hillary for getting him elected, fly to the rust belt and knock yourself out.

I will kindly fuck off because you're complicit.  Sorry

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Most large, older, non-tech companies are full to the brim with people like this. It's honestly pretty astounding how many olds are pulling down $150k+ salaries while knowing fuck all about modern standards, practices, and risks.

True but DISA is responsible for things a million times more important than Fred's Widget Factory. DISA will drug test the fuck out of their people though, they have that going for them.

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

7183ccd7-f8df-4268-934f-76237a2802ee_tex

17 minutes ago, F250 said:

Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

This lawn supervisor was out on a sprinkler maintenance job and he started working on a Findlay sprinkler head with a Langstrom 7″ gangly wrench...

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, F250 said:

Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

Wow. Maybe he is super hip and only does non relational databases? But even then, that is shocking.  

I wouldn't expect any effect on wages at all.   Corporations will generally pay employees the least that they can get away with.   When they pay more, it will be because they have to based on the labor market or the law.   Why would they pass along the tax windfall to employees rather than pocket the money?  At best they'd invest in growing the business, but I'm not so sure that's happening. 

I ask because I would be more than happy to record a few services in late October and early November.  Call it God's work.

Take a representative sample. The reality is the black churches and Catholics are the most politically active across the Christian denominational spectrum. The evangelicals wield power within the gop, but the reality is that the other groups are more political than the evangelicals generally. My particular sect is too small to register in any studies, but I have never heard politics from the pulpit other than more general stuff about the suffering and consequences of the wars and resulting refugees and other consequences of geopolitical reality. We don’t issue voting guides like the other groups that I have mentioned.

10 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Is there something specific and real he is referring to, or he is just making shit up, as usual?

Not sure but Woodward is about to release a new tell all Trump book with sourcing from inside the White House.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2018/07/30/bob-woodwards-upcoming-book-fear-trump-white-house/868704002/

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Is there something specific and real he is referring to, or he is just making shit up, as usual?

It’s the Lanny Davis story.
-Davis anonymously told CNN that Cohen was in the room when Trump learned of the planned Russian meeting in Trump Tower
-Davis then admitted he was the source and said he misspoke
-CNN won’t retract because they’ve been told Davis has reason to falsely walk it back
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

7183ccd7-f8df-4268-934f-76237a2802ee_tex

There's no reason your vote shouldn't matter just because you live in Texas:

A Harvard Law professor, former governor William F. Weld, and Al Gore's onetime attorney are making a long-shot bid to change the Electoral College system, arguing that it encourages presidential candidates to devote all their time to a handful of swing states and ignore the vast majority of the country.
The high-powered group is suing two blue states, Massachusetts and California, and two red states, Texas and South Carolina, arguing that the winner-take-all system that they and 44 other states use to allocate electors to the Electoral College effectively disenfranchises millions of voters who back the losing candidates.

In 2016, for example, more than 1 million Massachusetts voters cast ballots for Donald Trump, but that translated into zero Electoral College votes because Massachusetts' winner-take-all system required all 11 of the state's electoral votes to go to Hillary Clinton. Similarly in Texas, nearly 4 million voters cast ballots for Clinton, but all 38 of the state's Electoral College votes went to Trump.

The group contends that the winner-take-all system violates the "one person, one vote" principle because voters who back losing candidates in the general election in November have their votes "discarded when it really counts in mid-December," and the Electoral College picks the president.

Frustration with the Electoral College has increased, particularly on the left, since Clinton became the second Democratic presidential nominee after Gore to win the popular vote but lose the presidency in the Electoral College in the last two decades. 
The lawsuits were orchestrated by Lawrence Lessig, a Harvard Law professor and longtime critic of the Electoral College, corporate money in politics, and gerrymandering, who briefly ran for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2015. 

He hopes to get the case to the Supreme Court before the 2020 presidential election. While other critics have called for the outright elimination of the Electoral College, which would require a constitutional amendment, the legal challenge targets state laws that require a winner-take-all system in choosing electors. 
David Boies, who represented Vice President Gore in Bush v. Gore, the 2000 Supreme Court case that tipped the presidency to George W. Bush, is the lead attorney in the case, and was in federal court in Boston for preliminary arguments on Thursday. 

"You shouldn't have voters going to the polls knowing their votes don't count," because they live in blue or red states, Boies told Judge Patti B. Saris. "That's why political candidates don't come here to campaign the same way they go to Ohio or Florida or other so-called battleground states."
Weld, the former Republican governor and 2016 Libertarian nominee for vice president, is one of three plaintiffs in the Massachusetts case. The other two are Republicans a Harvard student and a former Weld administration official.
Weld was traveling in Greece this week, but said in a statement that the winner-take-all system "discards millions of votes for president every four years" and "is at the heart of the unhealthy duopoly that plagues our national politics."
The group argues that if states were to pick electors proportionally, based on the results in each state, it would encourage candidates to campaign nationwide.

Trump, for example, would have had an incentive to campaign in Massachusetts, in hopes of picking up a few Electoral College votes. And Clinton would have had a reason to campaign in Texas perhaps in Austin or San Antonio in hopes of winning some of that state's Electoral College votes.

"They should pay attention to everyone in the country, not just swing-state voters," said Jason Harrow, an attorney for Equal Citizens, a nonprofit founded by Lessig that is coordinating the legal campaign.
Saris was openly skeptical of the effort, saying in court that she would be reluctant to order the Legislature to fix problems with the Electoral College unless there was a "plain violation" of voters' constitutional rights...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/08/09/william-weld-challenges-electoral-college-winner-take-all-system-massachusetts/3MpDZk90evXOcsDxC1WNAP/story.html

1 minute ago, Lurch said:

It’s the Lanny Davis story.
-Davis anonymously told CNN that Cohen was in the room when Trump learned of the planned Russian meeting in Trump Tower
-Davis then admitted he was the source and said he misspoke
-CNN won’t retract because they’ve been told Davis has reason to falsely walk it back

Davis was used an anonymous source for a story for CNN. He then corroborated the story “anonymously” to multiple other outlets that were racing to get out the “bombshell”.   It was all bullshit. The other outlets have retracted the story.  CNN hasn’t.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stevenperlberg/lanny-davis-cnn-trump-tower-story

• Like 1

Well, he is an old.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/29/trump-ipad-reading-flat-one/

President Trump is not a big computer user, instead relying on a pair of iPhones for his technological needs. A new report today, however, suggests he’s become quite reliant on an iPad recently – or as he calls it, “the flat one.”

Amid his many (inaccurate) tweets slamming Google for rigging search results against him, the question arose: has Trump actually used Google himself? While reports have indicated that Trump uses two iPhones, one is said to be a solely for Twitter access, while the other for calling.

As noted first noted by Business Insider, ABC News White House correspondent Tara Palmeri responded to questions about Trump’s Google usage by saying he “sometimes” uses an iPad to read things. Trump, however, seemingly doesn’t know what to call the iPad he uses, and instead refers to it as “the flat one.”

Why Trump refers to the iPad as “the flat one” is anyone’s guess, but the notion that he reads on the device is perhaps more surprising as previous reports had indicated he had aides print online articles for him to read.

Despite calling for a boycott of the company during the campaign, President Trump has become a big Apple fan since taking office. He’s praised Apple’s investments in the United States, and just recently had dinner with CEO Tim Cook.

40 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Well, you see, the leader of the free world spends largely his entire workday voraciously consuming television. And they said something which did not flatter him. End of story. 

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

You're a fucking idiot. I'm not a Democrat or Republican and I never said you like Trump or have ever said anything positive about him. Untwist your panties you pussy.

On and about this: "I have never said she would be as bad as Trump. Find where I said that.  "

On 8/28/2018 at 1:37 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

And there were even more, like me, who couldn't bring ourselves to vote for Hillary or DOTUS.  I, literally, would've voted for ANY FUCKING ONE the Dems put up, besides Hillary.  And if the Dems roll that ancient cunt out again to run in 2020, I'll vote for another Libertarian.  

Yes, Republicans absolutely own Trump as their own.  But the Dems get a HUGE assist for putting up the worst candidate in the history of the U. S. 

.Now answer the question you coward or go be a moron somewhere else.

• Like 3