Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

WHY is he such a gaping asshole?

https://twitter.com/markharrisnyc/status/1046943386287124480?s=21

In response to this tweet -

Trump is all about doing things specifically for the asshole optics, but realistically, how many openly gay diplomats can there be from countries that are hostile to gay marriage? It isnt like a Saudi diplomat was going to openly apply for a diplomatic visa for his hidden lover. And if he was going to do so, asylum would be more appropriate for both of them. 

29 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Kay Bailey Hutchison is our ambassador to NATO?

Sad that she's brightest in a bunch of dull bulbs. At least she's not a crook.

i always kind of dug ole kay bailey. didn't always agree with everything she said, but she had a certain kind of style. she was a good senator for texas. compare and contrast with ted cruz, and try not to shiver out of your skin.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

NYT dropping a HUGE bombshell from over a year of reporting. Damn shame they couldn't have done this a couple years ago lol. Here's the lede:

President Trump participated in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud, that greatly increased the fortune he received from his parents, an investigation by The New York Times has found.

Mr. Trump won the presidency proclaiming himself a self-made billionaire, and he has long insisted that his father, the legendary New York City builder Fred C. Trump, provided almost no financial help.

But The Times’s investigation, based on a vast trove of confidential tax returns and financial records, reveals that Mr. Trump received the equivalent today of at least $413 million from his father’s real estate empire, starting when he was a toddler and continuing to this day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

NYT dropping a HUGE bombshell from over a year of reporting. Damn shame they couldn't have done this a couple years ago lol. Here's the lede:

Its always been clear that he isn't self made and started on 3rd base, but what exactly is the bombshell here?

Sounds like they had excellent estate attorneys and the IRS approved of the moves?

These maneuvers met with little resistance from the Internal Revenue Service, The Times found

By age 3, Mr. Trump was earning $200,000 a year in today’s dollars from his father’s empire. He was a millionaire by age 8. By the time he was 17, his father had given him part ownership of a 52-unit apartment building. Soon after Mr. Trump graduated from college, he was receiving the equivalent of $1 million a year from his father. The money increased with the years, to more than $5 million annually in his 40s and 50s.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

By age 3, Mr. Trump was earning $200,000 a year in today’s dollars from his father’s empire. He was a millionaire by age 8. By the time he was 17, his father had given him part ownership of a 52-unit apartment building. Soon after Mr. Trump graduated from college, he was receiving the equivalent of $1 million a year from his father. The money increased with the years, to more than $5 million annually in his 40s and 50s.

Trust fund baller. 

Despite all this money, he still managed to go bankrupt multiple times. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’d be embarrassed to be getting an allowance from my dad from when I was a toddler until I was in my 50s.

What is it with today’s GOP and the millennials man-babies who openly weep when they dont’ get their way, or who keep getting an allowance from the dad into their 50s?

8 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Its always been clear that he isn't self made and started on 3rd base, but what exactly is the bombshell here?

Sounds like they had excellent estate attorneys and the IRS approved of the moves?

3rd base?  He was born partying in the locker room after his father's 4 home run night.  He never even saw the field.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

If you bothered to read more than the first few paragraphs, you would see a decades long pattern of abusing and breaking and contorting tax law and regulations to gain an unfair and unethical advantage. All while spinning a yarn that he's a self-made BEELONIARE from a small 1 million dollar loan from old pops. 

Nope, no reason why further hard proof and evidence of such dishonest behavior - even going so far as to try and coerce his own father into signing a doctored up will amendment - could be important when most of trump's image and mystique is built around DRAIN THE SWAMP. Nevermind that he's an embodiment of the swamp and here's literal decades of proof.

Too bad like your god-emperor, you can't read more than a page before getting distracted.

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If you bothered to read more than the first few paragraphs, you would see a decades long pattern of abusing and breaking and contorting tax law and regulations to gain an unfair and unethical advantage. All while spinning a yarn that he's a self-made BEELONIARE from a small 1 million dollar loan from old pops. 

Nope, no reason why further hard proof and evidence of such dishonest behavior - even going so far as to try and coerce his own father into signing a doctored up will amendment - could be important when most of trump's image and mystique is built around DRAIN THE SWAMP. Nevermind that he's an embodiment of the swamp and here's literal decades of proof.

Too bad like your god-emperor, you can't read more than a page before getting distracted.

It's been clear to me for a while he's likely a white collar criminal. 

Just look at the financial related felonies of the people around him. 

Unfortunately, these guys don't usually get caught because the enforcers aren't really looking.  

Trump is like a regarded Manafort with a shitload more money to throw around.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’d be embarrassed to be getting an allowance from my dad from when I was a toddler until I was in my 50s.

What is it with today’s GOP and the millennials man-babies who openly weep when they dont’ get their way, or who keep getting an allowance from the dad into their 50s?

Shiiiiiitt. No shame here, put millions in my bank account, I don't mind. Of course, I'm not going to be crying about not getting my way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

First off Trump is an absolute douche and I can't stand the guy but.................

This is far from a shock to anyone that knows anything about real estate, specifically commercial real estate and what it allows you to do with passive money and ALL the loopholes in tax code people with money, smart accountants, and tax lawyers to take advantage of. 

Lines like this is the article are flat out comical-

Much of his giving was structured to sidestep gift and inheritance taxes using methods tax experts described to The Times as improper or possibly illegal.

As I said all this article will do will piss Donald off and make him mad that people are making fun of him. That's it. There is no smoking gun or anything else that could be used against him. All the article does is show that Donald was given the great majority of his wealth by his father, he has done the same for his kids.

This proves he wasn't and never was self made but anybody that had half a brain knew he had been lying about that long before this article ever came out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and the fact that he scammed his way into his money. and he's probably not rich. and he probably didn't work a real day in a his life before becoming potus (he all but admitted as much).

but yeah, we're wealth shaming. give me a fucking break.

Woah, I think it's unfair to say Trump didn't work a real day in his life. 

He worked his ass off at being a complete fraud and he still does. 

7 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I love the wealth shaming of rich people that people who otherwise would have a conniption fit about body shaming or any other ridiculousness would engage in.

I get that people don’t like trust fund babies, it’s an affront to the hard work and labor and sweat equity 99% of us put in, but who really cares if Trumps dad gives or gave him millions or not?

Quite simple: I don't care until he goes out of his way to lie about it.  He made it an issue by lying.  Is that hard to understand?

But don't let me stop your impassioned, noble defense of shamed rich people.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Woah, I think it's unfair to say Trump didn't work a real day in his life. 

He worked his ass off at being a complete fraud and he still does. 

Agreed. He has always been a great self promoter, one of the best. (even though he has always been full of shit) 

The only problem was back when he was the "it" real estate guy in NYC when he was being invited to every big NYC event with politicians, Old/New NYC money, actors, musicians, and every other famous person in the City he was given a pass. Now those same people that loved to get their picture taken with said "fraud" aren't too happy he's the POTUS. 

20 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I love the wealth shaming of rich people that people who otherwise would have a conniption fit about body shaming or any other ridiculousness would engage in.

I get that people don’t like trust fund babies, it’s an affront to the hard work and labor and sweat equity 99% of us put in, but who really cares if Trumps dad gives or gave him millions or not?

Not rich shaming but shaming for gross tax fraud and illegal behavior to the detriment of the American people and workers. He is a case study of why we need a progressive estate tax. 

Edited by happyfunball
  • Like 1